WBSSC Recruitment 2016 for Technical Assistant
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091,
[ Examination Code of Technical Assistant : TA 16 ]
WBSSC Technical Assistant Written Exam Date : 20.03.2016.
1. WBSSC Online Applications / Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Technical Assistant in Government Engineering and Technology Colleges under Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal.
|Name of the Post||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Category wise vacancies|
|Technical Assistant ( Mechanical Engineering )||Higher Education||7||SC – 02, ST – 2, BC : A – 01, BC : B – 02|
|Technical Assistant ( Electrical Engineering )||8||HI – 01, MSP – 01, SC – 05, BC : A - 01
|Technical Assistant ( Electronics Engineering )||7||UR – 04, SC – 01, ST – 01, BC : B - 01|
|Technical Assistant ( Civil Engineering )||5||UR– 01, SC – 02, BC : A – 01, BC : B - 01|
|Technical Assistant ( Computer Science & Technology )||7||UR – 01, LM or CP – 01, MSP – 01, SC – 03, BC : A - 01|
Abbreviations used in Table : II – UR – Unreserved, MSP – Meritorious Sports Persons, HI – Hearing Impairment, LM or CP – Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy, SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, BC : A – Backward Classes : A, BC : B – Backward Classes : B.
Note : Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to change.
2. WBSSC Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications for Technical Assistant
- Diploma in respective branch of Engineering / Technology ( i.e. Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Communication / Civil / Computer Science & Technology from West Bengal State Council of Technical Education or its equivalent.
- Three years experience in any industry / institution in the appropriate field.
- The Candidate must be able to read and write in Bengali and English.
WBSSC Age Limit 2016 :
- The age of the candidate shall be not less than 21 years and not more than 32 years on the 1st day of January, 2016.
- Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of age.
WBSSC 2016 Age Relaxations :
1. The upper age limit is relaxable.
- by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal,
- by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal,
- by 5 years of age for Persons with Disabilities ( having physical disability of at least 40% and above ),
- by 5 years for persons holding substantive appointment in a Government Department or Government Undertaking.
2. West Bengal Staff Selection Commission age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Government rules and regulations.
3. WBSSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4||Persons with Disabilities ( of at least 40% and above only )||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
4. Modes of submission of WBSSC Applications
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Online Submission :
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information and uploading scanned passport size photograph and full signature.
After successful uploading of Photograph and Signature of the Candidate, the Candidate will be prompted to make payment of Examination fees and / or Processing fees.
WBSSC Payment of Examination fees and / or Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
On successful payment and submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated. Applicants are advised to note down the Registration Number and quote it for all future communications, if any, with the commission. Applicants are also advised to keep a copy of the application for their ready reference.
Important Note :
- In case the application cannot be submitted successfully and / or the bank transaction fails, the applicant has to submit a fresh application by remitting application and / or processing fee once again.
- In cases where the applicant do not receive the registration number even after successful bank transaction due to network failure or any such reason, the candidate need not apply again. Details of such candidates will be made available on commission’s website ( http://wbssc.gov.in ) within 7 working days ( excluding public holidays ) from the date of submission of application, subject to the availability of the details from concerned bank. Commission will allocate Registration Number to all these applicants within 15 days from the date of closing of online application. In any case, such candidate has to keep a copy of his / her bank transaction details and may need to produce the same to the commission if asked for, at any point of time.
- For any more clarification in this context candidate may write to the commission at e mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Period of Application :
Applications may be submitted only through online / Tathya Mitra Kendra with effect from 21st January, 2016 to 15th February, 2016.
WBSSC Submission through Tathya Mitra Kendras
- The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates must check on screen detail information entered by the staff before proceeding for online payment.
- The Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay 240/- only [ Examination fees - 200/-, Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
5. WBSSC Technical Assistant Scale of Pay 2016
- Pay Band – 3 ( 7,100/- : 37,600/- )
- Grade Pay – 4,100/-
6. WBSSC Reservation / Age Relaxation
A. For SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC / ST / BC – A / B C- B candidates will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC- A / BC- B Candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category or claiming age relaxation, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned,
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare, and
- Any competent authority, specially notified for the purpose, over any specific jurisdiction.
B. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub-Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Any Person with Disabilities as stated, if shortlisted, under respective reserved sub-category will be directed to furnish his / her original Disability Certificate in prescribed form in support of his / her claim, issued by a Competent Authority as per the provisions of the West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995, i.e. a Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and Sub – divisional Hospitals.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation / age relaxation.
C. For Meritorious Sportspersons :
Meritorious Sportspersons in the area of International Competition, National Competition, Inter University Tournament and National Sports / Games for School Education in the following list of Sports will be entertained to avail the benefit of the Sports Quota :
|Name of the Sports||Code Number||Name of the Sports||Code Number|
|Athletics ( including Track and Field events )||01||Weightlifting||11|
Competent Authorities for issuing Certificate to Meritorious Sportspersons are as follows :
|International Competition||Secretary of the National Federation / National Association of the Sports concerned.|
|National Competition||Secretary of the State Association of the Sports concerned.|
|Inter - University Tournament||Dean / Director of Sports or other Officer in overall charge of Sports of the University concerned.|
|National Sports / Games for School Education||Director or Deputy Director in overall charge of Sports / Games for Schools in the Directorate of School Education, West Bengal.|
D. For Ex-Servicemen candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex – servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub – Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex – Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defense Service (s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex – Servicemen sub – category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved sub category, or claims Age relaxation, will be directed to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities to prove his / her claim.
WBSSC Technical Assistant Scheme & Syllabus 2016
The scheme and syllabus for recruitment to the posts of Technical Assistant in Govt. Engineering and Technology Colleges under different trades viz. Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Civil Engineering and Computer Science & Technology to be recruited through the Technical Asst. Recruitment, 2016 shall be as the following :
A. Scheme of WBSSC Technical Assistant Recruitment 2016 :
Recruitment will be made on the basis of an Online Test followed by Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Test will be called for Interview. The online test will carry 150 marks having 150 questions of 1 ( one ) mark each ( There will be negative mark of 0.25 of each wrong answer ), comprising of multiple choice objective type questions on the following :
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics & Test of Reasoning||30||30|
|Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Civil Engineering / Computer Science & Technology ( as applicable for the post )||100||100|
The duration of the online test shall be 02 ( two ) hours.
Interview : Full marks – 15.
Commission may fix qualifying marks for online test as well as for Interview from time to time and the final merit list shall be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the online test and Interview ( i.e. out of total marks – 165 ).
B. Syllabus for WBSSC Technical Assistant Examination 2016 :
The syllabus for Examination shall be as detailed below :
|General Studies||Matters of everyday observation including everyday science, General Science, current events and problems, Elementary knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography.|
|Test of Reasoning||Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Advanced Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Processes, Engineering Materials, M.E. Drawing, Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Material, Principles of Electrical Engineering, Engineering Metrology, Theory of Machines & Mechanism, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Advanced Manufacturing Processes, Measurement & Control, Power Engineering, Design of M/C Elements, Industrial Management and Fluid Power.|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Circuit & Network, Electrical Machine, Basic Electronics, Electrical Measuring Instrument, Electrical Measurement & Control, Transmission & Distribution of Power, Applied and Digital Electronics, Power Plant Engineering, Computer aided Electrical Drawing, Power Electronics and Drives, Microprocessor & Microcontroller, Switchgear & Protection, Utilization, Traction, Heating and drives, Electrical Design Estimation & Costing and Electrical Installation, Maintenance and Testing.|
|Electronics Engineering||Fundamentals of Electronics, Circuit Theory, Fundamentals of Instrumentation, Electrical Machine, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Electronic Measuring Instruments, Process Control, Advanced Process Control, Industrial Electronics, Microprocessor, Advanced Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Electronic Communication Fundamentals, Elementary Communication Engineering, Consumer Electronics, Microcontroller & Embedded System, Instrumentation & Control.|
|Civil Engineering||Surveying, Building Material and Constriction, Concrete Technology, Mechanics of Structures, Hydraulics, Engineering Mechanics and strength of material, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Design of Concrete Structures, Estimating & Costing, Contract & Accounts, Environmental Engineering, Other|
|Computer Science & Technology||C Programming, Digital Logic Design, Data Structure, Computer Organisation & Architecture, Electronic Devices & Circuits, Microprocessor & Programming, Computer Network, Relational Database Management Systems, Object Oriented Programming, Computer Graphics, Software Engineering, Java Programming, Operating System, Advance Java Programming, System Programming & Compiler Design|
Any change in Scheme and Syllabus made by the Commission will be published in Commission’s website in due course. The Syllabus given above is only indicative and not exhaustive.