WBSSC Recruitment 2016 for Meteorological Assistant
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091,
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in.
( Exam Code: MA – 16 )
West Bengal SSC Meteorological Assistant Written Exam Date : 3rd September, 2016
West Bengal SSC Meteorological Assistant Exam Scheme and Syllabus 2016
The Scheme and Syllabus for recruitment to the posts of Meteorological Assistant in the Directorate of Agriculture under Department of Agriculture, Government of West Bengal, to be recruited through the Meteorological Assistant – 2016 shall be as the following :
A. Scheme of WBSSC Meteorological Assistant Recruitment 2016 :
- Candidates shall have to appear at an WBSSC Meteorological Assistant Online Examination of 120 marks consists of 120 questions of Multiple Choice Objective (MCQ) Type.
- Each question will carry 01 Mark each.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Duration of the Online examination will be 90 minutes.
Syllabus for WBSSC Meteorological Assistant Online Examination 2016 :
The syllabus for WBSSC Meteorological Assistant Written Examination shall be as detailed below :
|Subject||Topic||Standard||Maximum Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge||Important National or International events / issues, Know your State, Current Affairs, Art & Culture, Civics, Sports, Abbreviations etc||Higher Secondary or Equivalent||20||20|
|English||Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Corrections, Synonyms & Antonyms, Spelling, Idioms / Phrases etc.||25||25|
|Mathematics||Average, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance / Time & Work, Mensuration etc.||Madhyamik or Equivalent||25||25|
Any change in Scheme and Syllabus made by the Commission will be published in Commission’s website in due course. The Syllabus given above is only indicative and not exhaustive.
C. Date for WBSSC Meteorological Assistant Online Examination 2016 :
The date of Online examination, as fixed by the Commission, will be 3rd September, 2016.
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Online Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Meteorological Assistant in the Directorate of Agriculture under Department of Agriculture, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
Name of the Post : Meteorological Assistant
Post Code : 416
Name of the Department : Agriculture
No. of Posts : 28 UR-15; SC-06; ST-02; BC (A)-03; BC (B)-02
Scale of Pay : Pay Band – 2 ( 5400/- – 25200/- ) Grade Pay 2900/-
Note : Category / Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned department. Commission is not responsible for any issues related to category / sub category wise declaration of vacancies.
Vacancies shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
Abbreviations used in the Table : UR – Unreserved, SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, Backward Classes (Sub-category – A) and Backward Classes (Sub-category – B).
West Bengal SSC Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications
A) Qualification for WBSSC Recruitment 2016 :-
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination or Uchcha Madhyamik Examination in the Science stream with Mathematics and Physics having at least 50% marks in Science subjects or with Geography ( Pure ) as one of the subjects having at least 50% marks therein.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali ( not applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali ) as per Finance Department ( Audit Branch ) Notification No. 10725-F dt. 13.11.2002 read with Finance Department ( Audit Branch ) Notification No. 1243-F (P) dt. 02.03.2016.
B) WBSSC Recruitment 2016 Age Limit : Not below 18 years and not more than 40 years as on 1st January 2016.
Note : The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of this advertisement.
If it is found During Verification of Testimonials at any Stage that any Candidate do not Possess the Requisite Qualification or he/she has acquired Qualification as Stated above at any Date After the Date of Publication of this Advertisement, his/her Candidature will be Summarily Rejected.
Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or Equivalent Admit Card / Certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of Age.
West Bengal SSC Special Conditions
WBSSC Upper age limit is relaxable :-
A. For SC/ST Candidates :
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC/ST candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
B. For BC-A/BC-B Candidates :
- By 3 years for BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for BC-A/ BC-B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B Candidates of Other States will be Treated as Unreserved Candidates.
Any candidate belonging to the SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No.261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
- Any competent authority, specially notified for the purpose, over any specific jurisdiction.
C. For Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
- Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Government rules and regulations.
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-Servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub-Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defence Service(s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
D. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub – Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation / age relaxation.
E. For Departmental Candidates :
- By 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his/her Appointing Authority to prove his/her claim.
Scheme of WBSSC Examination
- The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to prescribe the scheme and syllabus for this examination.
- The mode of examination, either OFFLINE or Online, will be decided by the Commission and the same will be published in Commission’s website in due course.
West Bengal SSC Period of Application
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission applications may be submitted only through online mode with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in to 24th May, 2016 ( up to 4.00 P.M. )
No application shall be received after the last date and time for submission of applications.
WBSSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :-
|Sl.No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||200/-||20/-||220/-|
- Candidates making online payment through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank will be charged an additional amount of 5/- only for utilizing payment gateway service.
- Candidates applying through the Tathya Mitra Kendra will have to bear an additional charge of 20/- for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- (Total amount – 220/-) only;
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification;
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
Modes of Submission of West Bengal SSC Applications
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :–
B) WBSSC Online Submission Through Tathya Mitra Kendras :–
- The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras (list provided in the website) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates Must Check on Screen Detail Information Entered by the Staff Before Proceeding for Online Payment.
- The Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste shall pay 240/- only [ Examination fees 200/-, Processing fees 20/- and Service Charge 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees 20/- and Service Charge 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- Under no circumstances candidates shall pay any amount in Excess of the Fees and Charges Mentioned above to the Authorised Staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendras.
- After Payment of the Fees and Service Charge, The Authorised Staff of the Kendra will Hand Over the Applicant a Printed Receipt with Registration Number as acknowledgement of Successful Submission of Application Online.
- Candidates must Keep the Receipt with them and Note Down the Registration Number for all Future Communications with the Commission, if any.
- Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
General Conditions Fixed by the West Bengal Staff Selection commission
1. West Bengal SSC admission to the examination venue will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the examination.
2. Candidates must bring their photo identity card recognized by the Government in order to get entrance into the examination venue to prove their identity. Any deviation in this regard shall straightway lead to non-admission of him/her into the examination venue and rejection of candidature without giving him/her opportunity of being heard.
The photo identity cards to be accepted by West Bengal Staff selection commission for the said purpose are as follows :-
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC);
- UID ( Aadhar Card Including E-Aadhar );
- Adnit Card / Certificate of Madhyamik or Equivalent with Photograph;
- Pan Card;
- Driving License;
- Bank Pass Book Containing Photograph Of The Candidate;
- Any Other Photo Identity Card Issued by the Competent Government Authority.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates for verification on the scheduled date, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
4. Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the venue supervisor / invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and / or such other punishment as the commission may deem fit to impose.
5. A candidate who has been reported against by the venue supervisor of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the examination hall will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations / selections as may be decided by the commission depending on the circumstances / gravity of the case.
6. Use of mobile phones, calculators and any kind of electronic gadgets inside the examination hall will lead to cancellation of candidature without giving an opportunity of being heard.
7. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.