West Bengal SSC Recruitment 2016 for Transport / Computer Supervisor
Government of West Bengal,
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Mayukh Bhavan, 3rd Floor, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700 091.
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport / Computer Supervisor Recruitment 2016
( Exam Code : RTC – 16 )
Online Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the following posts under Governor’s ( Household ) Secretariat, Rajbhaban, Kolkata, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6(1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
[table "52x74" not found /]
Category / Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned office. Commission is not responsible for any issues related to category / sub category wise declaration of vacancies. WBSSC Vacancies shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
WBSSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2016
1) For the post of WBSSC Transport Supervisor :
- Passed at least Madhyamik or equivalent examination from a recognised Board or Institution;
- A diploma in Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institution;
- Two years’ experience in an automobile workshop of repute;
- Driving License for heavy vehicles.
2) For the post of WBSSC Computer Supervisor :
Essential : A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University and one year full – time Post – Graduate Diploma in Computer application course ( P.G.D.C.A ) from an institute recognized by University Grant Commission ( U.G.C ) or All India Council for Technical Education ( A.I.C.T.E. ) or Government of West Bengal with three years’ working experience. Or
A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University and “A” level Certificate of Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Classes ( D.O.E.A.C.C. ) course from an institute recognised by the Department of Electronics ( DOE ) Govt. of India with three years’ working experience.
For All Posts :
The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of this advertisement.
If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of this advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
Age Limit for WBSSC Recruitment 2016
|Sl||Name of the Post||Age|
|1.||Transport Supervisor||Not below 23 years and not more than 34 years as on 1st day of January, 2016.|
|2.||Computer Supervisor||Not below 24 years and more than 35 years as on 1st day of January, 2016.|
Candidates born between 02.01.1982 and 02.01.1993 shall only be eligible for the Posts mentioned at Sl.No. 1 above.
Candidates Born between 02.01.1981 and 02.01.1992 shall only be eligible for the Posts mentioned at Sl.No. 2 above.
Age Relaxations for WBSSC Recruitment 2016
For all posts upper age limit is relaxable :
- by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal,
- by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal,
- by 5 years for Persons with Disabilities ( having physical disability of at least 40% and above ),
- by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
Date of birth as recorded in madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of Age.
- The claim of a candidate for relaxation of age as a Government employee should be proved by a certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his / her continuous service under Government and the same should be produced by the successful candidates for verification before nomination, failing which candidature will be cancelled and submission of such false declaration will attract penal measures;
- SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate claiming age relaxation under the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for Issuing Caste Certificates :
I. In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
II. In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
B. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Any Person with Disabilities claiming age relaxation as stated, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish his / her original Disability Certificate in prescribed form in support of his / her claim, issued by a Competent Authority as per the provisions of the West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995, i.e. a Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and Sub-divisional Hospitals.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall not get benefit of age relaxation.
C. For Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defense Service(s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex-Servicemen sub-category claiming age relaxation, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities to prove his / her claim.
D. For Departmental Candidates :
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his / her Appointing Authority to prove his / her claim.
Scheme of WBSSC Recruitment 2016
- The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to prescribe the scheme and syllabus for WBSSC recruitment.
- The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks for the written examination and in the aggregate of the marks at the written examination and the Personality Test.
- Detailed scheme of recruitment will be decided by the Commission depending on the number of applications received for each post and the same will be published in Commission’s website.
Period of WBSSC Application 2016
Applications may be submitted only through online with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in on 18th March, 2016.
No application shall be received after the last date.
WBSSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2016
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4||Persons with Disabilities ( of at least 40% and above only )||Nil||20/-||20/-|
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states. Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
Modes of Submission of WBSSC Applications 2016
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
A) Online Submission
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
The credit / Debit card / Net banking account can be of the candidate or any other person.
Online applicants are required to upload clear scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated. Candidates are advised to note it down and mention the registration number for all communications, with the commission till you get a Roll Number.
Candidates may also “save” / “print” a copy of their applications after successful submission online, for their ready reference.
Registration Number is automatically generated after successful payment of fees at the payment gateway. In case of linkage problems Registration ID may not be generated immediately after payment of fees through payment gateway. In such cases please note down the transaction ID that is generated after successful payment. Registration number will be sent to you my email in the next seven working days. You may send an email to the Commission to email@example.com referring the transaction ID, if you do not receive Registration number even after seven working days of successful payment.
Once application is successfully submitted and payment is successful and transaction ID generated, there is no need to apply again.
B) Online Submission Through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
Candidates must check on screen detail information entered by the staff before proceeding for online payment.
The Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay 240/- only [ Examination fees - 200/-, Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tahthy Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tahthy Mitra Kendra.
Under no circumstances candidates shall pay any amount in excess of the fees and charges mentioned above to the authorised staff of the tathya mitra kendras.
After payment of the fees and service charge, the authorised staff of the kendra will hand over the applicant a printed receipt with registration number as acknowledgement of successful submission of application online.
Candidates must keep the receipt with them and note down the registration number for all future communications with the commission, if any.
Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any kind of noncooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.