West Bengal SSC Recruitment 2015 for Inspector Wakf
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Kolkata – 700 091.
WBSSC Inspector Wakf Online Test Date : 24th November, 2015.
West Bengal SSC Online Applications / Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Inspector of Wakf in the Directorate of Minorities’ Development and Welfare under the Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Scale of pay|
|Inspector of Wakf ( Group – B )||303||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department.||14 [ UR - 5, UR ( LV ) - 01, UR ( EC ) - 01, SC – 2, SC ( EC ) – 01, ST – 01, BC : A – 01, BC : A ( EC ) – 01 BC : B - 01 ].||Pay Band - III ( 7,100/- – 37,600/- ) Grade Pay - 3,600/-.|
Note : Category / Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned department. Commission is not responsible for any issues related to category / sub category wise declaration of vacancies. Vacancies shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
Abbreviations used in the table : UR – Unreserved, SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, BC : A – Backward Classes : A, BC : B – Backward Classes : B, LV – Blindness or Low Vision and EC : Exempted Category.
Note : Candidates claiming to belong to Exempted Category will be required to upload scanned copy of their original Exempted Category Certificate / Identity Card issued by the Exempted Category Cell under the Directorate of Employment, West Bengal, at the time of application; otherwise the application shall not be accepted by the Commission.
Eligibility Criteria for WBSSC Inspector 2015 :
A) WBSSC Inspector Qualification 2015 :
- Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University.
- Good knowledge of Bengali – spoken & written.
- Acquaintance with Islamic Social Customs, Culture and Muslim Theology.
B) Age Limit for WBSSC Inspector 2015 : Not below 20 years and not more than 32 years as on the 1st January 2015.
Note : The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of this advertisement.
If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that any candidate do not possess the requisite qualification or he / she has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of West Bengal SSC advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
WBSSC Inspector Age Relaxations 2015 :
- The upper age limit is relaxable.
- By 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal.
- By 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal.
- Upto 37 years of age for Persons with Disabilities ( having physical disability of at least 40% and above ).
- By 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
- Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Govt. rules and regulations.
- Date of Birth as recorded in madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of Age.
Important Notes :
Reservation / Age Relaxation for WBSSC Inspector 2015 :
A. For SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
B. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub-Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Any Person with Disabilities as stated, if shortlisted, under respective reserved subcategory will be directed to furnish his / her original Disability Certificate in prescribed form in support of his / her claim, issued by a Competent Authority as per the provisions of the West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995, i.e. a Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and Sub-divisional Hospitals.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation / age relaxation.
C. For Exempted Category Candidates :
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the Exempted Category candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub-Category.
- Candidates claiming to belong to Exempted Category will be required to upload scanned copy of their original Exempted Category Certificate / Identity Card issued by the Exempted Category Cell under the Directorate of Employment, West Bengal, at the time of application; otherwise the application shall not be accepted by the Commission.
- Further, they will be directed to produce their original Exempted Category Certificate / Identity Card as stated above at the time of document verification to be decided by the Commission.
- Those cards will in turn be verified from the Exempted Category Cell of Directorate of Employment by the Commission before issuing Nomination letters to the finally selected candidates.
- There will be no relaxation of age for the candidates belonging to this Sub Category.
D. For Ex-Servicemen candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub-Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defense Service (s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex-Servicemen sub-category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved sub category, will be directed to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities to prove his / her claim.
E. For Departmental Candidates :
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his / her Appointing Authority to prove his / her claim.
WBSSC Inspector Scheme of Examination 2015 :
Scheme of Recruitment :
Online Test : Recruitment will be made on the basis of an Online Test followed by Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Test will be called for Interview. The online test will carry 200 marks, comprising of multiple choice objective type questions.
The duration of the online test shall be 02 ( two ) hours.
Interview : Full marks – 20.
Commission may fix qualifying marks for online test as well as for Interview from time to time and the final merit list shall be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the online test and Interview ( i.e. out of total marks – 220 ).
WBSSC Inspector Period of Application 2015 :
WBSSC Inspector Applications may be submitted only through online with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & West Bengal SSC Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in to 15th July, 2015 ( Upto 4.00 pm ).
No WBSSC Inspector application shall be received after the last date and time for submission of applications.
WBSSC Inspector Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2015 :
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1.||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ).||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities ( of at least 40% and above only ).||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
WBSSC Inspector Modes of Submission of Applications 2015 :
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
A) WBSSC Inspector Online Submission 2015 :
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
Online applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated. Candidates are advised to note it down and mention the registration number for all future communications, if any, with the commission.
Candidates may also “Save” / “Print” A Copy of their applications after successful submission Online, for their ready reference.
B) Online Submission through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
- The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates must check on screen detail information entered by the staff before proceeding for online payment.
- The Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay 240/- only [ Examination fees - 200/- , Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- Under no circumstances candidates shall pay any amount in excess of the fees and charges mentioned above to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendras.
- After payment of the fees and service charge, the authorized staff of the Kendra will hand over the applicant a printed receipt with registration number as acknowledgement of successful submission of application online.
- Candidates must keep the receipt with them and note down the registration number for all future communications with the commission, if any.
- Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at email@example.com to report any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
Syllabus for Online Test : The syllabus for Online Test shall be as detailed below :
|Subject||Topic||Standard||Maximum number of Questions||Marks allotted per Question||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge||Physics||Madhyamik or equivalent||50||1||50|
|General Knowledge||General Knowledge – National||General|
|General Knowledge – International
|Know your State / Current Affairs|
|General Knowledge - Art & Culture|
|General Knowledge – Sports|
|General Knowledge – Abbreviations|
|Test of Reasoning|
|English||Comprehension||Madhyamik or equivalent||55||1||55|
|Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Idioms / Phrases|
|Mathematics||Average||Madhyamik or equivalent||30||1.5||45|
|Ratio & Proportion|
|Profit & Loss|
|Time & Distance / Time & Work|
|Trigonometry & Geometry|
|Islamic Culture||Islamic Social Customs, Culture and Muslim Theology||General||50||1||50|