West Bengal SSC Recruitment 2014 for Group B & Group C Posts – WBSSC Group B & C Job Application
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Kolkata – 700 091.
WBSSC Cook and Baker Written Exam Date : 29th March, 2015 ( Sunday ) – 12 Noon to 1.15 PM.
Online Applications for West Bengal SSC are invited from Indian Citizens or such other nationals as are declared eligible by the Govt. of India for recruitment to the following posts at Governor’s ( Household ) Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Kolkata, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Scale of Pay|
|Baker- Cum-Confectioner ( Group – B )||075||Home ( Political ) Department||1 ( Unreserved )||Pay Band - 3 ( 7,100/- – 37,600/- ) Grade Pay- 3,600/-|
|Cook ( Group – C )||125||Home ( Political ) Department||2 ( 1 SC & 1 Unreserved )||Pay Band - 2 ( 5,400/- – 25,200/- ) Grade Pay- 2,300/-|
Note – I : WBSSC Vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to change. Conditions of recruitment to Group C posts will be guided by the provisions of the West Bengal Services ( Appointment, Probation and Absorption of Group ‘C’ Employees ) Rules, 2013 issued under Finance Department Notification No.1832-F (P) dt. 01.03.2013. Refer Recruitment Rules under “Commission” in the website for details.
Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications for WBSSC Group B & Group C Posts 2014
For the post of Baker – cum – Confectioner :
- Pass in Higher Secondary Examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination.
- One year trade diploma in Bakery and Confectionery from a recognized institution.
- Two years’ experience in a Bakery or Confectionery.
For the WBSSC Post of Cook :
- Pass in Madhyamik or equivalent from any recognized Board.
- One year Diploma in Hotel Management / Hospitality Management / Food & catering technology from any recognized institution.
- Three years working experience as Cook in Govt. department / Public Sector Undertaking / reputed organization.
Note : The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of the advertisement. If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of West Bengal SSC advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
WBSSC Group B & Group C Job Age Limit 2014 :
- The age of the candidate shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years on the 1st Day of January, 2014.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities ( having physical disability of at least 40% and above ) and by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be as per rules calculated on the basis of the tenure of service rendered ( Finance Deptt. Notification No. 6249-F dated 13 / 06 /1982 ).
- The claim of a candidate for relaxation of age as a Government employee should be proved by a certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his / her continuous service under Government and the same should be produced by the successful candidates for verification before Interview, failing which candidature will be cancelled and submission of such false declaration will attract penal measures;
- Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik O Equivalent Admit Card / Certificate will only be accepted.
Scheme of WBSSC Group B & Group C Examination 2014 :
WBSSC Cook and Baker Recruitment Exam Scheme 2014 :
Recruitment will be made on the basis of a written test followed by test of cooking and interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the written test will only be called for the test of cooking and interview to be held on the same day. Only those candidates qualified in the test of cooking will be allowed to appear in the interview.
WBSSC Cook and Baker Written Test 2014 : West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will hold a written test on 29th March, 2015 ( Sunday ) from 12 Noon to 1.15 P.M.
Full Marks : 120.
Type of Test : Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ).
Time Allotted : 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Test of Cooking :
Date and time of test of cooking and interview will be notified in due course.
Test of Cooking : Full Marks : 20 ( Qualifying Marks : 10 )
Interview : Full Marks : 10.
Final Selection shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in the written test, test of cooking and interview ( i.e. out of full marks of 150 ).
WBSSC Cook & Baker Recruitment Exam Syllabus 2014 :
There will be a written test to be conducted on 29th March, 2015 ( Sunday ).
There will be 120 multiple type questions, each carrying 1 mark.
There will be negative marks of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
Duration of the examination will be of 1 hour and 15 minutes ( 75 minutes ).
Subject-wise Distribution of Marks will be as follows :
|Sl.No.||Subject||No. of Questions|
|1.||Subjects of Diploma courses in the relevant field||100|
|3.||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||10|
Period of WBSSC Application 2014 : Applications for WBSSC jobs may be submitted only through Online with effect from the date of WBSSC advertisement in Newspaper & Commission’s Website www.wbssc.gov.in to 5th December, 2014 ( Upto 4.00 P.M. ).
No application shall be received after the last date and time of submission of West Bengal SSC applications.
West Bengal SSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2014
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Staff Selection Commission for WBSSC Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1.||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- WBSSC applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / Or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.