West Bengal SSC Recruitment Exam 2014 for Sub-Inspector – WBSSC SI Exam Application
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091.
Sub – Inspector of Food Recruitment 2014
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Indian Citizens or such other nationals as are declared eligible by the Govt. of India for recruitment to the following post under various Regional and District Offices of Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made through a Written Test followed by a Personality Test to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Scale of Pay|
|Sub-Inspector in the sub-ordinate food & supplies service ( Grade III )||595||Food & Supplies||1131||Pay Band - 2 ( 5,400/- - 25,200/- )
Initial Pay in the Pay Band - 6,240/-
Grade Pay - 2,600/-
N.B : Drawal of salary during the period of probation ( for a period of three years ) - only the entry point pay i.e. Basic Pay plus Grade Pay shall be allowed with annual increment @ 3% per annum and medical allowances, if any.
Reservation of WBSSC Sub Inspector Vacancies 2014 :
|Category ( Sub Category )||No. of Vacancies|
|Unreserved ( Orthopedically Handicapped )||34|
|Unreserved ( Ex-Serviceman )||45|
|Unreserved ( Meritorious Sports Persons )||22|
|Unreserved ( Exempted Category )||181|
|Scheduled Caste ( Ex - Serviceman )||12|
|Scheduled Caste ( Exempted Category )||79|
|Scheduled Tribe ( Exempted Category )||22|
|Backward Class : A||79|
|Backward Class : A ( Exempted Category )||34|
|Backward Class : B||57|
|Backward Class : B ( Exempted Category )||23|
District / Region-wise WBSSC Sub Inspector Vacancies 2014 :
|District / Region||Office||Office wise Vacancies||District wise Vacancies|
|South 24 Parganas||District Controller, F&S||50||50
|West Midnapore||District Controller, F&S||74||74|
|Hooghly||District Controller, F&S||55||85|
|Birbhum||District Controller, F&S||68||68|
|Darjeeling||District Controller, F&S||39||39|
|Uttar Dinajpur||District Controller, F&S||39||39|
|Maldah||District Controller, F&S||32||32|
|Burdwan||District Controller, F&S||110||136
|Bankura||District Controller, F&S||58||58|
|Howrah||District Controller, F&S||30 ||55|
|Nadia||District Controller, F&S||27||27|
|Jalpaiguri||District Controller, F&S||36||36|
|East Midnapore||District Controller, F&S||55||55|
|Dakshin Dinajpur||District Controller, F&S||25||25|
|Murshidabad||District Controller, F&S||62||62|
|North 24 Parganas||District Controller, F&S||43||93|
|Cooch Behar||District Controller, F&S||27||27|
|Purulia||District Controller, F&S||46||46|
|Kolkata Metropolitan||Directorate of DP & S||4||124|
|Directorate of Rationing (H.Q.)||104|
|Directorate of Transportation||02|
|Directorate of NCEC||02|
|Directorate of Finance||02|
|Directorate of CG||10|
Note I : Total vacancies for WBSSC Sub Inspector as stated above is purely provisional and subject to change. Conditions of WBSSC Sub Inspector recruitment will be guided by the provisions of the West Bengal Services ( Appointment, Probation and Absorption of Group ‘C’ Employees ) Rules, 2013 issued under Finance Department Notification No.1832-F (P) dt. 01.03.2013. Refer Recruitment Rules under “Commission” in the website.
WBSSC Sub Inspector Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications 2014
- A Pass in Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali / Nepali;
- Must possess sound health, ability to undertake extensive tours in rural areas of West Bengal.
The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the candidate on or before the date of publication of the WBSSC Sub Inspector advertisement.
If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of this advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
Age Limit for WBSSC Sub Inspector 2014 :
- The age of the candidate shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years on the 1st day of January, 2014.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities ( having physical disability of at least 40% and above ) and by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be as per rules calculated on the basis of the tenure of service rendered ( Finance Deptt. Notification No. 6249-F dated 13 / 06 /1982 ).
- The claim of a candidate for relaxation of age as a Government employee should be proved by a certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his / her continuous service under Government and the same should be produced by the successful candidates for verification before Interview, failing which candidature will be cancelled and submission of such false declaration will attract penal measures;
- Date of birth as recorded in madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only ba accepted.
Scheme of WBSSC Sub Inspector Recruitment 2014
WBSSC Sub Inspector Recruitment will be made on the basis of Written Test followed by Personality Test to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Test will only be called for verification of testimonials and Personality Test. Final Merit list / Rank list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks of Written Test and Personality Test.
WBSSC Sub Inspector Written Test 2014 : Full Marks – 100.
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will hold a written test tentatively on 27th July, 2014 ( Sunday ).
WBSSC Sub Inspector Personality Test 2014 : Full Marks – 20.
The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will arrange for verification of testimonials and Personality Test of the shortlisted Candidates tentatively in the month of January – March, 2015. Verification of testimonials of candidates will be done prior to Personality Test. Any candidate found ineligible during verification shall not be allowed to appear for the Personality Test and his / her candidature shall be rejected summarily.
Scheme & Syllabus for Written Test
The WBSSC Sub Inspector Examination 2014 will consist of only one paper on –
i. General Studies ( Matters of common experience including Every Day Science, Current Events and Problems with special reference to India, Elementary Knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography ).
ii. Arithmetic ( Questions will be set on the basis of the syllabus of Madhyamik Examination of the W.B.B.S.E. with Mental Ability ).
Total Marks – 100 ( General Studies – 50 Marks and Arithmetic – 50 Marks ).
Duration of WBSSC Sub Inspector Examination 2014 : 1.30 Hours ( One and Half Hours ).
There will be a total 150 Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions in the following manner :
General Studies : 100 Questions, each carrying ½ ( 0.5 ) mark and
Arithmetic : 50 Questions, each carrying 1 mark.
There will be negative mark of 0.25 per wrong answer for Arithmetic and 0.125 for General Studies.
Period of WBSSC Sub Inspector Application 2014
WBSSC Sub Inspector Applications 2014 may be submitted either Online or Offline with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in so as to reach the office of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission latest by 14th March 2014 ( 4.00 P.M. ). No application shall be received after the last date and time of submission of applications.
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will not take any responsibility for any kind of postal delays / applications lost in transit. Hence, candidates should ensure that their applications must reach West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s office within the last and time of receiving of applications.
Offline candidates must keep a photocopy of the application form after proper filling up and affixing the postal e – payment receipt for future reference with the West Bengal Public Service Commission, if any. No communication without the photocopy as stated shall be entertained from the end of the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
WBSSC Sub Inspector Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2014
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission for WBSSC Sub Inspector Examination :
|Si.No||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1.||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his / her candidature shall be rejected summarily without any further communication to him / her.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
Subject-wise distribution of marks for Written Examination will be as follows :
Section A : General Studies
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|1||Everyday Science ( Physics / Chemistry / Biology )||25||12.5|
|2||History & Geography||25||12.5|
|3||General Knowledge & Current Affairs of National Importance||10||5|
|4||General Knowledge & Current Affairs of International Importance||10||5|
|5||Know Your State ( West Bengal )||10||5|
|6||Art & Culture||10||5|
Section B : Arithmetic
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|1||Divisibility / Fractions / Decimals / Recurring Decimals||5||5|
|2||Simplification / HCF / LCM ||5||5|
|5||Ratio & Proportion||5||5|
|8||Profit & Loss ||5||5|
|9||Time & Distance / Time & Work||5||5|
|10||Area of Rectangles & Squares ||5||5|
The above noted break up of marks is indicative in nature. Commission may change subject wise break up of marks without any further notification in this regard.