West Bengal SSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Librarian
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Mayukh Bhavan, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700 091,
WBSSC Librarian Online Test Date : 16th December, 2015.
WB SSC Librarian Recruitment 2015
( WBSSC Librarian Exam Code : LR 15 )
WBSSC Librarian Online Applications / Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the following post at Governor’s ( Household ) Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Kolkata, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 ( 1 ) of the West Bengal SSC Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Scale of Pay|
|Librarian||370||Home||01 ( Unreserved )||Pay Band - III (7,100/- - 37,600/- )
Grade Pay - 3,900/-
WBSSC Librarian Recruitment Exam Eligibility Criteria 2015 :
- A Second class Master’s Degree in Library Science or equivalent from a recognized University or Institution Or A Second Class Master’s Degree in any subject other than Library Science and a Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or equivalent from a recognized University or Institution,
- Three years experience in Library Work in a Public or Institutional Library of repute.
- Basic Computer Knowledge, and
- Knowledge of audio – visual method.
The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of this advertisement.
Age Limit for WBSSC Librarian 2015 :
Not below the age of 18 ( Eighteen ) years and not more than 32 ( thirty two ) years on the 01st day of january, 2015.
Age Relaxations for WBSSC Librarian : The upper age limit is relaxable :
- by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal.
- by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal.
- Date of birth as recorded in madhyamik Or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of Age.
WBSSC Librarian Recruitment Exam Scheme & Syllabus 2015 :
A. Scheme of Recruitment for WBSSC Librarian 2015 :
WBSSC Librarian Recruitment will be made on the basis of an Online Test followed by WB SSC Librarian Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Test will be called for WB SSC Librarian Interview 2015. The online test will carry 150 marks, comprising of multiple choice objective type questions. There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
The duration of the WBSSC Librarian Online Test shall be One and Half ( 1.30 ) Hours.
Date of WBSSC Librarian Online Test 2015 :
A combined online test will be held on 16th December, 2015 for the post of Librarian ( for the School Education Department ) and Librarian ( for the Governor’s Household Secretariat ).
WB SSC Librarian Interview 2015 : Full marks – 10.
Commission may fix qualifying marks for online test as well as for WB SSC Librarian Interview from time to time and the final merit list shall be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the online test and WB SSC Librarian Interview ( i.e. out of total marks – 160 ).
B. Syllabus for WBSSC Librarian Online Test 2015 :
The syllabus for WBSSC Librarian Online Test 2015 shall be as detailed below :
Subject Topic Standard Maximum number
Grand Total 150 150
General Studies Physics General 40 1 40
General Knowledge - National
General Knowledge - International
Know your State / Current Affairs
General Knowledge - Art & Culture
General Knowledge - Sports
General Knowledge - Abbreviations
Test of Reasoning
English Comprehension Madhyamik Or equivalent 30 1 30
Synonyms & Antonyms
Idioms / Phrases
Mathematics Average Madhyamik Or equivalent 30 1 30
Ratio & Proportion
Profit & Loss
Time & Distance / Time & Work
Trigonometry & Geometry
Library Science Subjects and Topics included in the latest syllabus for
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science 50 1 50
WBSSC Librarian Recruitment Exam Period of Application 2015 :
WBSSC Librarian Applications may be submitted either through online or through tahya mitra kendras with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in to 6th November, 2015 ( upto 4.00 pm ).
No WBSSC Librarian application shall be received after the last date and time for submission of application.
WBSSC Librarian Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2015 :
The following WBSSC Librarian 2015 Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||200/-||20/-||220/-|
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay WBSSC Librarian Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any WBSSC Librarian Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST candidates of other states. Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other WBSSC Librarian examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
WBSSC Librarian Recruitment Modes of Applications 2015 :
West Bengal SSC extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
A. WBSSC Librarian Online Submission 2015 :
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
Payment of WBSSC Librarian Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
Online Applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated.
Candidates are advised to note it down and mention the registration number for all future communications, If any with the commission. Candidates may also “Save” / “Print” a copy of their applications after successful submission online, for their ready reference.
B) Submission through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
- The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates must check on screen detail information entered by the staff before proceeding for online payment.
- The WBSSC Librarian Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay 240/- only [ WBSSC Librarian Examination fees - 200/- , Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- Under no circumstances candidates shall pay any amount in excess of the fees and charges mentioned above to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendras.
- After payment of the fees and service charge, the authorized staff of the kendra will hand over the applicant a printed receipt with registration number as acknowledgement of successful submission of application online.
- Candidates must keep the receipt with them and note down the registration number for all future communications with the commission, If any.
Candidates may contact Commission through Email at email@example.com to report any kind of non – cooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
Age Relaxations for WBSSC Librarian 2015 :
A. For SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates :
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B “Candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates and hence no benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to the”.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted against unreserved vacancy, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261 – TW / EC / MR – 103 / 94 dt. 06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub – Divisional Officer of the Sub – Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-official Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.