West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Kolkata – 700 091.
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in.
Deputy Ranger / Forester Recruitment Exam Code : DRF 15.
|WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Written Exam will be held on 06.03.2016 ( Sunday )|
West Bengal SSC Online Applications / Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Deputy Ranger / Forester in the Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department||No. of Posts||Scale of Pay|
|Deputy Ranger / Forester ( Group - C )||153||Forest Department||131 ( UR - 54, UR ( ESM ) - 04, SC - 45, SC ( ESM ) - 01, ST - 09, BC : A - 11, BC : B - 07 ).||Pay Band - II ( 5,400/- - 25,200/- ), Grade Pay - 2,900/-.|
Note : Category / Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned department. West Bengal Staff Selection Commission is not responsible for any issues related to category / sub category wise declaration of vacancies. WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Vacancies 2016 shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
Abbreviations used in the table : UR : Unreserved, SC : Scheduled Caste, ST : Scheduled Tribe, BC : A – Backward Classes : A, BC : B – Backward Classes : B and ESM : Ex – Serviceman.
WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Eligibility Criteria 2016
A. Candidates must be between 20 ( Twenty ) years and 32 ( Thirty two ) years of age as on 1st January, 2015, i.e. Candidates born between 02.01.1983 and 02.01.1995 shall only be eligible for WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Post.
B. Essential Educational Qualification 2016 : Passed Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent.
The qualifications as mentioned must be possessed by the candidate on or before the date of publication of WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester advertisement 2016.
If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
C. WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Selection Procedure 2016 :
- Candidates shall have to appear at a WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester written examination 2016.
- The candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester written examination 2016 will be called for a Physical Efficiency Test.
WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Physical Efficiency Test 2016 : A Short listed candidate shall be required to undergo a WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Walking Test as follows :
Category Distance to be walked Time limit for completing the distance Men 25 Kms 4 Hours Women 14 Kms 4 Hours
- Candidates qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test will be called for the Physical Measurement Test and Personality Test to be held in a single day.
Physical Standard for Physical Measurement Test : The following minimum standards of physical fitness and requirement shall have to be satisfied :
Sl. No. Category Height Chest ( fully expanded ) a. Male candidates of all categories ( except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribes ) 163 cms 84 - 89 cms with expansion of 5 cms b. Female candidates of all categories ( except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribes ) 150 cms 79 - 84 cms with expansion of 5 cms c. Male candidates of Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribes 152.5 cms 79 - 84 cms with expansion of 5 cms d. Female candidates of Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribe 145 cms 74 - 79 cms with expansion of 5 cms
- Candidates qualified in the Physical Measurement Test shall only be allowed to appear in the WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Personality Test 2016.
D. Procedure for Final WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Selection 2016 : Candidates who shall satisfy / qualify all the conditions of eligibility as laid down in point nos. (A), (B) and (C) above will be considered for final selection on aggregating the marks obtained in the WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Written Examination and Personality Test.
Special Note : Physical Fitness :
The candidates must have sound hearing faculty, eye sight and general fitness for undertaking arduous outdoor work in the Forest Directorate. In the case of defective vision, it must be corrected to at least 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the other eye but the candidate must not suffer from colour blindness or congenital or other diseases of the eye. The chief Medical Officer of Health or the Presidency Surgeon will test the physical fitness of the nominated candidates.
Age Relaxations for WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester 2016 :
The upper age limit is relaxable :
by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal,
by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal,
by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
Age relaxation for the Ex – Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Govt. rules and regulations.
Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or Equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of age.
Important Notes :
Reservation / Age Relaxation :
A. For SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261 – TW / EC / MR – 103 / 94 dt. 06th April, 1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub – Divisional Officer of the Sub – Division concerned.
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex – officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare, and
- Any competent authority, specially notified for the purpose, over any specific jurisdiction.
B. For Ex – Servicemen Candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex – servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub – Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex – Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex – Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defense Services as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex – Servicemen sub – category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved sub category, will be directed to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities to prove his / her claim.
C. For Departmental Candidates :
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his / her Appointing Authority to prove his / her claim.
Syllabus for WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Written Examination 2016 :
WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester written examination syllabus 2016 will be published in West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s website in the month of December, 2015.
Period of WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Application Form 2016 :
Applications may be submitted only through Online / Tathya Mitra Kendra with effect from 6th November, 2015 to 4th December, 2015 ( upto 4:00 P.M. )
No application shall be received after the last date and time for submission of applications.
WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2016 :
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission for WBSSC Deputy Ranger / Forester Examination 2016 :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe||200/-,||20/-||220/-|
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states.
Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and / or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.