West Bengal SSC Recruitment Exam 2014 for Assistant Sub-Inspector of Excise – WBSSC ASI Exam Application
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
Kolkata – 700 091
A.S.I. of Excise Recruitment 2014
WBSSC Assistant Sub-Inspector of Excise Written Exam Date : 06.04.2014
West Bengal SSC invites applications in prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the following post under the Department of Excise, Govt. of West Bengal, recruitment to which will be made through a Written Test followed by Physical Measurement Test and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission :
|Name of the Post with Post Code||No. of Posts||Scale of Pay|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector of Excise|
Post Code - 027
|Pay Band - 3
( 7,100/- – 37,600/- )
Grade Pay - 3,200/-
|Category||No. of Total Vacancy||No. of vacancies out of total vacancy reserved for exempted category|
Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications for WBSSC Assistant Sub Inspector 2014
For Direct Recruitment a Candidate –
- Shall be a citizen of India;
- Shall not be less than 18 years and shall not be more than 27 years on the 1st day of January, 2013. The upper age limit may be relaxed by (05) five years in case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes Candidates and by (03) three years in case of Other Backward Classes ( BC A / BC B ) Candidates.
Note : Date of Birth as recorded in Admit Card / Certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination will be accepted as valid proof.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications : Passed in Higher Secondary ( 10+2 ) Examination from the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent;
Note : The above noted qualification must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of the advertisement. If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of this advertisement, his candidature shall be summarily rejected.
- WBSSC ASI Minimum Physical Measurements :
Sl. No. Class Height ( in cm ) Chest ( in cm ) Weight (1) Candidates of all categories ( except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribes ) 167 78 cm with expansion 05 cm ( 78 cm – 83 cm ) Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard (2) Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbansis and Scheduled Tribes 160 76 cm with expansion 05 cm ( 76 cm – 81 cm ) Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard
Note I : Women Candidates are not eligible to apply for WB SSC recruitment.
Note II :
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, squint eye.
- The minimum vision should be 6/6 with or without glasses.
- They should possess high colour vision and should not be colour blind.
- The candidates should be of good mental and physical health and free from any physical deformity likely to interfere with efficient performance of their duties.