West Bengal SSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Recruitment Exam 2016
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission,
3rd Floor, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700 091.
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in
Email ID : email@example.com
Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Recruitment 2016
Exam Code : KPS 16
Online Applications / Application through Tathya Mitra Kendra are invited from Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Krishi Prayukti Sahayak with the following details of vacancies under the Department of Agriculture, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made through Competitive Examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of section 6(1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
|Name of the Post||Post Code||Name of the Department / Directorate||Category wise Reservation of Vacancies|
|Category||No. of Post|
|Krishi Prayukti Sahayak||345||Agriculture||Unreserved||361
|BC - A||84|
|BC - B||60|
|Unreserved Disabled ( LM & CP )||12|
|Unreserved Disabled ( VH )||12|
|Unreserved Disabled ( HI )||12|
Important Note : WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to change.
WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Pay Scale 2016 :
Pay Band – 2 ( 5,400/- – 25,200/- ) Initial Pay in the Pay Band 6,700/- Grade Pay 2,900/-.
Important Note : For all Group C Posts, the conditions of recruitment will be guided by the provisions of West Bengal Services ( Appointment, Probation and Absorption of Group ‘C’ Employees ) Rules, 2013 issued under Finance Department Notification No.1832-F(P) dt. 01.03.2013
Drawal of salary during the period of probation ( for a period of two years ) only the entry point pay i.e. Basic Pay plus Grade Pay of the concerned Group C posts or service or cadre or category shall be allowed with annual increment @ 3% per annum and medical allowance, if any.
WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications 2016
Must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from any recognized Board / Council.
Note : The above noted WBSSC KPS qualifications must be possessed by the candidate on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that any candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of WBSSC KPS advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
Age Limit for WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak 2016 : Not less than 18 Years and not more than 40 Years as on 01.01.2016.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST Category of West Bengal.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for BC – A / BC – B Category candidates of West Bengal.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for Persons with disabilities ( having physical disability of 40% or more ).
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
- Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be as per rules calculated on the basis of the tenure of service rendered ( Finance Deptt. Notification No. 6249-F dated 13/06/1982 ) and other existing Govt. Rules and regulations.
Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted.
WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Scheme and Syllabus 2016
A. Scheme of WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Recruitment :
- Candidates shall have to appear at a WBSSC KPS Written Examination of 150 marks( Part – I : 120 Marks and Part – II : 30 Marks ), Duration of the WBSSC KPS written examination will be 90 minutes.
- Part – I will consist of Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions. There will be 120 questions, carrying 1 mark each. There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
- Part – II will consist of a single descriptive type question ( writing of a Precis from a given English passage ).
Note : Candidates have to mark answers in respect of Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions of Part – I in one side of OMR Answer Script, whereas they shall have to write the descriptive question pertaining to Part – II on the reverse side of the OMR in the space allocated for that purpose.
- Answer scripts of Part – II will be evaluated only for those candidates, who will be shortlisted, Category – wise, by the Commission on the basis of marks obtained by them in Part – I.
- Final merit list for WBSSC KPS written examination will be prepared by aggregating marks of Part – I and Part – II.Note II :Candidates must secure WBSSC KPS qualifying marks fixed by the Commission in the Part I and Part II.Note III :WBSSC KPS Qualifying marks fixed for Part – II will be as the following :
- For Unreserved Candidates / BC A / BC B Category : 10 Marks
- For Candidates belonging to SC Category : 7 Marks
- For Candidates belonging to ST Category : 5 Marks
B. Syllabus for WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Written Examination 2016 :
The syllabus for WBSSC KPS Written Examination shall be as detailed below :
Part I :
|Subject||Topic||Standard||Maximum Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, etc||Madhyamik or equivalent||40||40|
|Important National or International events / issues, Know your State, Current Affairs, Art & Culture, Civics, Sports, Abbreviations, Computer, etc||General|
|English||Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Corrections, Synonyms & Antonyms, Spelling, Idioms / Phrases, etc||Madhyamik or equivalent||40||40|
|Mathematics & Test of Reasoning||Average, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Simple interest, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance / Time & Work, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Test of Reasoning, etc||Madhyamik or equivalent||40||40|
Part II :
|Subject||Topic||Standard||Maximum Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|English Précis Writing||Candidates have to write precis from a given passage in English||Madhyamik Or Higher Secondary||1||30|
Note I : The standard for WBSSC KPS Written Examination shall be similar to that of Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the WBSSC KPS Written Examination, will be called separately for Document Verification followed by an Interview for 15 marks.
Final Merit list will be prepared on the basis of WBSSC KPS total marks obtained by the candidates in Written Examination ( 150 marks ) and Interview ( 15 marks ).
Note : WBSSC KPS Syllabus as mentioned in this notice is purely indicative ( i.e. not exhaustive ). Commission is at liberty to set any questions beyond this indicative syllabus in order to judge general standard and merit of candidates.
Period of WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Application 2016 :
WBSSC KPS Applications must be submitted either online or through Tathya Mitra Kendra with effect from 9th March, 2016 to 8th April, 2016. No application shall be received after the last date of submission of applications.
WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Examination Fees & Processing Fees 2016
The following WBSSC KPS Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only )||200/-||20/-||220/-|
|4||Persons with Disabilities ( of at least 40% and above only )||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( of 40% and above only ) shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities ( 40% and above only ) shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST / Disabilities ( 40% and above ) Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
Modes of Submission of WBSSC KPS Applications 2016
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of applications :
A. WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Online Submission 2016 :
- Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
- Payment of WBSSC KPS Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
- Online applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size colour photograph and full signature.
- On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with registration number will be generated. Candidates are advised to note it down and mention the registration number for all future communications, if any, with the Commission.
Candidates may also “Save / Print” a copy of their online applications after successful submission online, for their ready reference.
- Registration Number is automatically generated after successful payment of fees at the payment gateway. In case of linkage problems Registration ID may not be generated immediately after payment of fees through payment gateway. In such cases please note down the transaction ID that is generated after successful payment. Registration number will be sent to you my email in the next seven working days. You may send an email to the Commission to firstname.lastname@example.org referring the transaction ID, if you do not receive Registration number even after seven working days of successful payment.
- Once application is successfully submitted and payment is successful and transaction ID generated, there is no need to apply again.
B. Online Submission Through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
- The Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He / She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates must check on screen detail information entered by the staff before proceeding for online payment.
- The Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories shall pay 40/- only [ Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ]
- All candidates ( except SC / ST and persons with disability of 40% or above ) shall pay examination fees of 200/- in addition to above to the authorized staff of the Tahthy Mitra Kendra.
- Under no circumstances candidates shall pay any amount in excess of the fees and charges mentioned above to the authorised staff of the tathya mitra kendras.
- After payment of the fees and service charge, the authorised staff of the kendra will hand over the applicant a printed receipt with registration number as acknowledgement of successful submission of application online.
- Candidates must keep the receipt with them and note down the registration number for all future communications with the commission, if any.
- Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at email@example.com to report any kind of noncooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
Reservation / Age Relaxation
A. For SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates will be admissible to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B candidates of West Bengal only, as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B Candidates of other states will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC / ST / BC – A / BC – B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category or claiming age relaxation, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
B. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub – Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Any Person with Disabilities as stated, if shortlisted, under respective reserved sub-category will be directed to furnish his / her original Disability Certificate in prescribed form in support of his / her claim, issued by a Competent Authority as per the provisions of the West Bengal Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995, i.e. a Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals, District Hospitals and Sub-divisional Hospitals.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation / age relaxation.
C. For Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-Servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this sub category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defence Service(s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex-Servicemen sub-category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved sub category, or claims Age relaxation, will be directed to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities to prove his / her claim.
D. For Departmental Candidates :
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his / her Appointing Authority to prove his / her claim.
Result of West Bengal SSC written examination (Part I) of Krishi Prayukti Sahayak Recruitment Examination, 2016 held on 18.12.16
1. Category / Sub-Category wise minimum Qualifying Marks and Principles for Short listing Minimum qualifying marks for shortlisting for Part II
|Category / Sub-category||Marks|
|Backward Classes (Category-A)||10|
|Backward Classes (Category-B)||10|
Irrespective of Sub-category, a candidate has to obtain the minimum qualifying marks fixed for the Category he belongs to for short listing. Physically Challenged persons are provided with a relaxation of 5% marks on minimum qualifying marks.
The number of candidates shortlisted is 10 (Ten) times of the vacancies under each Category / Sub-Category subject to the conditions of obtaining minimum qualifying marks fixed for respective Category. Part II answer scripts (Precis) will be evaluated only for those who are qualified in the Part I.
Based on these principles shortlists have been prepared and all the candidates standing at the lowest marks, i.e. the cut off marks under respective Category / Sub-Category have been shortlisted for Part II.
Category / Sub-Category wise cut off marks thus arrived at are detailed below :
Category / Sub-Category wise cut off marks for short listing for Part II
2. Individual Candidate Result : http://wbsscregistration.nic.in/kps_result/view_result.php
3. West Bengal SSC Important Announcements :
The Candidates are requested to bring to the notice of the Commission, any discrepancy like mismatch in Category / Sub-Category / Date of Birth etc. between Application Form and result data, if detected by them, by 24th March 2017 through email or by submitting application in person.
The candidates who have not qualified in Written Examination of Part I will be allowed to view their scanned OMR answer scripts on-line on payment of on-line processing fee of 100/- by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking or Tathya Mitra Kendras for which they have to pay 5.62 as payment gateway charges through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking or 10.00 as handling charges by Tathya Mitra Kendras.
Period for payment of on-line fees for viewing on-line scanned images of OMR answer scripts will be from 29.3.17 to 06.4.17 and period for viewing OMR answer scripts will be from 12.04.17 to 20.04.17. Candidates selected finally will be allowed to view their scanned OMR answer scripts on-line after publication of final results.
4. Disclaimer :
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission reserves the right of suo motu correction of inaccurate entries regarding category/sub-category of a candidate. Result may change due to corrections of inaccurate entries of Category / Sub-category of a candidate. Effect of the change in result will accordingly be made following the rectification. Request for change in information including Category / Sub-category already furnished in the application by a candidate will not be entertained and no rectification will be made in the database and results.