WBSSC Recruitment Exam Selection Procedure 2014 for Assistant Sub-Inspector of Excise – WBSSC ASI Exam Date
WBSSC Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment 2014 will be made on the basis of Written Test followed by Physical Measurement and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. Candidates on the basis of qualifying the Written Test will be called for Physical Measurement Test. Candidates qualified in both the tests as mentioned shall be called for Interview.
WBSSC ASI Written Test 2014 :
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission will hold a written test tentatively on 6th April, 2014 ( Sunday ).
- Detailed scheme of recruitment and syllabus for the written examination will be published by the Commission in its website by 31st January, 2014.
Verification of character antecedents :
All provisionally selected candidates will be required to fill up a verification roll which will be thoroughly enquired into by the concerned authority;
Medical Examination for WBSSC ASI 2014 :
After receipt of verification roll having “No Objection” all provisionally selected candidates will be sent for medical examination at the designated hospitals. The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, squint eye. The minimum vision should be 6/6 with or without glasses. They should possess high colour vision and should not be colour blind. The medical test will also include the chest X-ray and other tests as prescribed by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal from time to time. The selected candidate should be of good mental and physical health and free from any physical deformity likely to interfere with efficient performance with their duties. The certificate of medical fitness will be issued by authorised Medical Officer.
Training and Discharge :
- The candidates on recruitment shall be required to undergo training, both physical and theoretical, at the Police Training College or any other training centre as selected by the Excise Commissioner, West Bengal and / or in any district as may be determined by the Excise Commissioner. All such candidates shall be required to pass out of the college or centre, as the case may be, for the confirmation of their service. In case the candidates are sent for district training, successful completion of their district training shall be certified by the concerned Superintendent of Excise.
- An Assistant Sub-Inspector of Excise while undergoing training in the Police Training College or subsidiary training centre and / or any district may at any time be discharged by the Appointing Authority on the basis of the report of the authority of the Police Training College or the subsidiary training centre or the district, as the case may be, if he is considered by them to be unsuitable for the post. The order of discharge shall intimate the ground for the discharge but no formal proceeding, such as are prescribed for removal or dismissal of Government servant shall be necessary. No appeal shall lie against the order of discharge.
Important Tentative Dates for WBSSC ASI Recruitment Exam 2014
- Period of Submission of Applications : From 23rd December, 2013 to 22nd January, 2014
- Admit cards to be dispatched by : 5th March, 2014
- Duplicate Admit Cards may be downloaded from website : 19th March, 2014
- Date of Examination : 6th April, 2014 ( Sunday )
- Date of publishing result of Written Test : May, 2014
- Period of Physical Measurement Test and Interview : June, 2014
- Date of publishing Final Result : July, 2014
- Nomination to be completed by : August, 2014
All dates / periods noted above are purely tentative. Commission may change such dates / periods due to any reason whatsoever. Intimation regarding any change will be informed through the website of the Commission.
Period of Application for WBSSC Assistant Sub-Inspector Exam 2014
Applications may be submitted either Online or Offline with effect from the date of advertisement in Newspaper & Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in so as to reach the office of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission latest by 22nd January, 2014 ( 4.00 P.M. ). No application shall be received after the last date and time of submission of applications.
Commission will not take any responsibility for any kind of postal delays / applications lost in transit. Hence, candidates should ensure that their applications must reach commission’s office within the last date and time of receiving of applications.
Candidates must keep a photocopy of the application form after proper filling up and affixing the postal e–Payment receipt for future reference with the commission, if any. No commission without the xerox copy as stated shall be entertained from the end of the commission.
Examination Fees & Processing Fees for WBSSC Recruitment Exam 2014
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Recruitment :
|Sl. No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||200/-||20/-||220/-|
- No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite receipt of Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- ( Total amount – 220/- ) only in respect of all categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees.
- However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification before their selection.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his / her candidature shall be rejected summarily without any further communication to him / her.
- Candidates shall not submit any document along with application. Only shortlisted candidates shall have to produce all relevant supporting documents, in original, for verification before their final nomination.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
Modes of Submission of Applications for WBSSC Assistant Sub-Inspector Exam 2014
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of application –
A) Online Submission for WBSSC ASI Exam 2014 –
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
Online applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated. Candidates are advised to mention the registration number for all future communications, If any, with the Commission.
B) Online Submission through Tathya Mitra Kendras –
- The West Bengal SSC Commission extends facility to submit application through more than 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras ( list provided in the website ) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- The West Bengal SSC Examination fees and / or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- After payment of the fees and service charge, the authorised staff of the kendra will hand over the applicant a printed receipt with registration number as acknowledgement of sucessful submission of application Online.
- Candidates must keep the receipt with them and note down the registration number for all future communications with the Staff Selection Commission, if any.
- Candidaes are advised to check onscreen detail information entered by the Staff before payment.
C) Offline Submission for WBSSC ASI Exam 2014 –
- The Offline application form must be downloaded from the commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in only or purchased from the Tathya Mitra Kendras, who are authorized by the Commission to sell these forms at a price of 6/- per form by directly downloading from the Commission’s website and printing thereafter.
- The Offline application form must be printed on both side of A 75 GSM A4 size white paper. Any form which is not printed on the paper size and type and manner as specified above shall be rejected straightway by the staff selection commission.
- During downloading of each application form, a unique number with bar code will appear in the form. No form without the unique number and bar code shall be accepted by the commission.
- Applicants shall not use Xerox / Typed / Hand Written / Printed / Scanned Copy of the form. Such applicants will be rejected summarily.
- Applicants must take care that the form is downloaded and printed in front of them from commission’s website, as each form carries a unique number and bar code. If it is not ensured, form carrying same number and bar code may be used by different applicants which may ultimately lead to complications of same registration number for different candidates, which may ultimately lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Hence, candidates should not purchase the form from any street vendors, etc, who sell printed forms for various recruitments by copying prescribed forms.
- The commission shall not be held responsible for cancelling any form due to use of form with same number and bar code. Candidature of all such candidates using form having same number and bar code shall be rejected straightway during preliminary scrutiny.
- In case of submission of applications offline, the amount of Examination fees and / or Processing fees may be deposited in any of the Post Offices having e-payment facility. The facility will be available in more than 700 Post Offices of West Bengal ( list of Post Offices is available in Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in ).
- The concerned Post Office will give a receipt against deposit of Examination fees and / or Processing Fees, which has to be pasted at the space provided for affixing the receipt in the application form ( page 2 ).
- The Candidates will have to pay a sum of 6/- as Service Charge to the Postal Department against each such e-payment of either 220/- or 20/-, whichever is applicable.
- After affixing the original postal e-Payment receipt the candidate must put his full signature thereon.
- The filled up application form may be sent by post ( preferably by Registered or Speed Post ) addressed to the “Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations, West Bengal Staff Selection Commission, Mayukh Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091″ superscribing on the envelop the Name of the Recruitment and the Name of the Post applied for. The same should reach this office positively within the last date and time of submission of application.
- The filled up application forms may also be submitted personally in the drop box to be kept at the enquiry counter of the Commission’s office at Mayukh Bhavan ( Ground floor ), Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091, between 11.00 A.M. and 4.00 P.M. on all working days ( Excepting Saturdays, Sundays and other State Govt. Holidays ).
- Applications must reach the office of the commission on or before the closing date and time of receiving of applications. Applications received after the closing date and time shall be rejected summarily.
- Postal Order, Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. shall not be accepted. Applications accompanying the said instruments shall be rejected summarily and the amount shall be forfeited and deposited to the appropriate Government head of account.
- Completed Offline applications must be submitted with –
- Original e-Payment receipt of the postal department against deposit of Examination Fees and / Or Processing Fees, which must be pasted on the body of the application form, in the space provided for the purpose and candidate must put his full signature on it.
- A copy of the recent passport size photograph shall be pasted on the application form, in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate should put his full signature ( In Running Handwriting ) below the photograph in the designated box.
- Candidates shall not submit any documents alongwith application. Only shortlisted candidates shall have to produce all relevant supporting documents, in original, for verification before their final nomination.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and age concession for SC, ST, BC- A & BC- B candidates are admissible to SC, ST , BC-A & BC- B candidates of West Bengal only.
- Before final selection, shortlisted candidates belonging to the SC / ST / BC- A / BC- B category will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by a Competent Authority of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes ( Identification ) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/ EC/ MR-103 / 94 dt.06.04.1995, for verification of testimonials in support of their claim.
- SC, ST, BC- A & BC- B candidates of other states will be treated as General candidates.
- No claim for being a member of SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B shall be entertained any time after submission of the application.
- Particulars and Certificates Required : A candidate claiming to be SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B must have a certificate in support of his claim from a Competent Authority as specified below :
For SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B candidates [ vide the W.B.S.Cs & S.Ts ( Identification ) Act, 1994 and S.Cs & T.W Department order no. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 06.04.95] :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24 Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24 Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24 Parganas, on his behalf.
- Candidates may mention their preference(s) of Examination Center(s) in the application form. However, allotment of centre is at the sole discretion of the Commission which will depend on number of candidates. Candidates may not be allotted to the WBSSC ASI Examination Centers they have opted for.
- Defective / Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Xerox / Typed / Printed / Scanned copy of the downloaded form will also be rejected summarily.
- The Offline application forms downloaded from the commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in or purchased from Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendras, bearing unique number and bar code and printed on both side of A 75 GSM A4 size paper only shall be accepted, otherwise the application will be rejected summarily.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the examination.
- Candidates must bring their photo identity card recognized by the Govt. in order to get entrance into the examination venue to prove their identity. Any deviation in this regard shall straightway lead to non admission of him into the examination venue and rejection of candidature without giving him opportunity of being heard. The photo identity cards to be accepted by the commission for the said purpose are as follows :
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card ( EPIC )
- UID ( Aadhar Card )
- Admit Card / Certificate of Madhyamik Or Equivalent with Photograph
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Bank Pass Book containing photograph of the candidate
- Any othe photo Identity Card issued by the competent Govt. Authority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self-attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue Supervisor / Invigilator of the examination Venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he will render himself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and / or such other punishment as the commission may deem fit to impose.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the venue supervisor of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the examination hall will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations / selections as may be decided by the Staff Selection Commission depending on the circumstances / gravity of the case.
- Use of mobile phones, calculators and any kind of electronic gadgets inside the examination hall will lead to cancellation of candidature without giving an opportunity of being heard.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
Important Notes for WBSSC Recruitment Exam 2014
General Conditions Fixed by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission