SSC Western Region Vacancies 2010
1st Floor, South Wing,
101, Mk Road,
Mumbai – 400 020,
Tele Phone No : (022) 22019118, 22018521,
Website : www.sscwr.org.
SSC Western Region applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following SSC Group ‘C Selection Posts in the SSC format given in Annexure-A of Staff Selection Commission advertisement.
Applicants are advised to go through all parameters under different Paras and Sub-Paras of SSC Notice and satisfy themselves about their suitability on SSC Age limit and Essential Qualification for the SSC posts, before applying.
Closing date for the receipt of SSC applications is 02.07.2010 Applications for SSC received after the closing date will not be entertained.
1. Description of SSC Group ‘C’ Posts
1.1 Category No. – WR-I
Name of SSC Post : Hostel Warden
Vacancy : (one) 1 (l-UR)
Department : O/o Principal, Regional Vocational Training Centre for Women, Vadodara.
Between 18 and 27 years (Relaxable for Government servants upto 40 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government)
Pay Scale for SSC Hostel Warden : 5200-20200/- + 2400/-GP (Group C Non-Gazetted)
Essential Qualification for SSC Hostel Warden :
1. Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
2. Two years experience in administration, cash and accounts work or maintaining Hostel for Students.
3. Only female candidates will be considered for the SSC post.
Desirable Qualification : NIL.
Staff Selection Commission Qualification(s) regarding experience are Relaxable at the discretion of the SSC selection committee in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Initial Posting : Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Requirements : To work as Women Hostel Incharge-Any other work as may be assigned.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Hostel Warden vacancy is identified as suitable only for OH.
1.2 Category No. – WR-2
Name of SSC Post : Junior Statistical Assistant
Vacancy : (One) 1 (1-UR)
Department : Directorate of Marketing and Inspection
Between 18 to 27 years (Relaxable for Government servant upto 35 years in accordance With the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government) (This age relaxation for SSC is admissible only to civilian Central Government, servants and not to Armed Forces Personnel)
SSC Junior Statistical Assistant Pay Scale : 5200-20200/- + 2400/- (Group C Non-Gazetted) (Non-Technical)
Essential Qualification for SSC Junior Statistical Assistant :
Degree in Statistics or Mathematics / Commerce / Economics (with Statistics) from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable Qualification : Typing speed of either 30 wpm in English or 25 wpm in Hindi.
Initial Posting : Nagpur with AISL
Job Requirements : Assisting the Statistical Assistant in compilation and processing of data received from field offices.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Junior Statistical Assistant vacancy is identified as suitable for OH, HH, VH
1.3 Category No. – WR-3
Name of SSC Post : Library Attendant
Vacancy : (One) 1-OBC
Department : National Fire Service College, Nagpur
Between 18 to 25 years (Relaxable for OBC candidates upto 3 years) (Relaxable for Government servants upto 35 years in accordance with the instructions or order issued by the Central Government) (Only OBC Candidates should apply for the SSC post)
SSC Library Attendant Pay Scale : 5200-20200/- + 1800/- (Group C Non-Gazetted)
Essential Qualification for SSC Library Attendant :
1. Passed VIII class or equivalent standard
2. Five years experience as Gestemer Operator/ Daftary
SSC Library Attendant Desirable Qualification : Knowledge of Book Binding
Initial Posting : Nagpur Maharashtra with AISL
Job Requirements :
1. To assist the SSC Library Information Assistant in maintaining record for issue and receipt of Books etc.
2. To Assist Library Information Assistant in proper maintenance of Books and other stocks of library.
3. To keep cleanliness of Library and Reading Room.
4. To be available in library during the working hours and assist the Library Information Assistant and Trainees in providing them reading material.
5. To assist SSC Library Information Assistant in making sure proper safety of the stocks of Library.
6. To make sure that all electrical appliances are switched off and no ignition source is left in the Library before closing it at any time.
7. To perform other duties as may be assigned by seniors.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Library Attendant vacancy is not identified as suitable for OH / VH / HH
1.4 Category No. – WR-4
Name of SSC Post : Bosun (Certified)
Vacancy : (Six) 06(OBC-02, UR-04)
SSC Department : O/o Fishery Survey of India, Mumbai
Age : 30 years (Relaxation for Government, servants upto 35 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by Central Government)
SSC Bosun Pay Scale : 9300-34800/- + 4200/- (Group C Non-Gazetted) (Corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of 5000-150-8000)
Essential Qualification for SSC Bosun :
1. 12th Standard Pass or equivalent
2. Possession of a Certificate of competency as mate fishing vessel issued by Mercantile Marine Department.
Desirable Qualification : NIL
Initial Posting : Posting will be at any of the bases of FSI including those at Porbander, Mumbai, Marmugao, with AISL
Job Requirements :
To assist Mate Gr.I and Skipper in navigation of fishing resources survey vessels and to carry out fishing operations and to supervise the work on the deck side of the vessel. Maintenance of various registers of stores etc. on board the vessel.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Bosun vacancy is not identified as suitable for OH / VH / HH.