Clerks’ Grade Limited Departmental Examination – SSC WR Syllabus
Date of Exam : 23.12.2007
Closing Date : 08.11.2007
1. Staff Selection Commission will hold on 23.12.2007 a qualifying examination for recruitment to temporary vacancies reserved for regularly appointed Group ‘D’ Staff in the Lower Division Grade.
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service
- Armed Force Headquarters Clerical Service
- Grade VI of the I.F.S. Branch ‘B’. The examination will be held at Allahabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Mumbai and Raipur in accordance with the enclosed Rules ( Annexure – ll ) published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India vide Notification dated 30 04.1969.
- There will be no Centre at any Indian Mission abroad. A candidate serving at an Indian Mission abroad will have to come over to India to appear at this examination from any one of the Centre mentioned above at his own expense.
2. Number of Vacancies : The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this examination will be decided by each cadre authority participating in this examination.
3. Conditions of Eligibility :
i ) Group ‘D’ employees holding Group ‘D’ post on regular basis of any of the above mentioned services / Ministry / Offices will be eligible to appear for vacancies existing only in their respective service / Ministry / Office.
ii) Educational Qualification : As on 01.08.2007 the candidate must have passed matriculation or equivalent or higher examination from a recognized Education Board Parishad
Note : Candidates who do not possess the minimum educational qualification as on 01.08.2007 are not eligible for applying for the examination.
iii ) Length Of Service : The candidates must have rendered on 01.08.2007 not less than 5 years of approved and continuous service as Group ‘D’ employees or in any higher grade in the Ministries / Offices participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical
Service Scheme or Armed Force Headquarters Clerical Service and / or Inter services Organization or in the Ministry of External Affairs or its Mission abroad,
Note : The limit of 5 years of approved and continuous service will also apply if the total reckonable service of the candidate is partly as a Group ‘D’ employee & partly in posts of Lower Division Clerks ( Ad – hoc ) in any Ministry or office participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical Service or in the office participating in the Armed Force Headquarters Clerical Service or in the Ministry of External Affairs and its Missions abroad.
iv ) Age Limit : Not more than 50 years of age on 01.08.2007 ( Born not earlier than 2.8.1957 ). This age limit is relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
4. Selection Of Centre And Address To Which Application Must Be Sent. A candidate must select only one of the Centres mentioned in Para- 1 above. No change of Examination Centre will be allowed under any circumstances. A candidate must address his / her application to Shri V. Vishwanathan, Under Secretary ( EHQ ), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003, through the Head of his / her Department / Office where he / she is working so that the same reaches the Commission by the stipulated Closing Date. ( 08.11.2007 ).
Note : In case, any Regional / Sub Regional Office of Commission receives less than ten ( 10 ) applications from eligible candidates for appearing in the examination, such’ candidates will be directed by the Commission from to appear from the Delhi Centre at their own expenses and risk.
5. Scheme Of Examination : The examination will be conducted according to the following scheme :
The subjects of the examination the time allowed and the maximum marks for each subject will be as follows :
|Paper No||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration and Timings for General candidates||Duration and Timings for Visually Handicapped candidates|
|i.||Short Essay ( Hindi or English )||100||1 hour 30mins 10.00 A.M. to 11.30 A.M||1 hour 45 mins 10.00 A.M. to 11.45 A.M|
|ii.||(a) Language ( 50 questions ) ( English or Hindi ) and|
b) General Knowledge
( 50 questions ) ( English or Hindi )
|100||2 hours. 1.00 P.M. to 3.00 P.M||2 hours 20 mins 1.00 P.M. to 3.20 P.M|
Note I : No question paper shall be provided in Braille And There Will Be No Option For Answering Replies In Braille.
Note II : For the convenience of candidates from VH categories, the questions in General Knowledge part of Paper – II will not have any component of Graphs, Maps, Diagrams, and Statistical Data.