SSC Southern Region Recruitment of Store Keeper – SSC 2010 Age Relaxation
Factory, Ministry of Defence,
Chennai – 600 054.
Category No. SR – 1 : Store Keeper
Classification : Group – ‘C’ ( Non – Technical )
No.of Vacancies : UR – 2 ( Two ), and SC – 1 ( One )
Scale of Pay : 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- Grade Pay
Initial Place of Posting : Heavy Vehicles Factory, Avadi, Chennai with all India Service Liability
Fee : 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) No fee for SC / ST / Ex – S and Female candidates.
SSC Age Limit : Not exceeding 27 years for Unreserved category ( 32 years for SC ).
Essential Qualification : 10+ 2 Passed.
Desirable Qualification : Basic Knowledge of Computer Application having “O” level certificate as per Department of Electronics Accreditation Committee Certificate ( DOEACC )
Job Responsibilities : Store Keeping, maintaining of Godown along with issue and receipt of material.
2. Abbreviations Used :
- EQ : Essential Qualification
- DQ : Desirable Qualification
- IP : Initial place of Posting
- JR : Job Responsibilities
- Profi – Test : Proficiency Test
- UR : Unreserved
- SC : Scheduled Caste
- ST : Scheduled Tribe
- OBC : Other Backward Class
- PH : Physically Handicapped
- OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped
- HH : Hearing Handicapped
- VH :Visually Handicapped
- EXs : Ex – servicemen.
3. Important Instructions as Regards age, Essential Qualification & Eligibility :
Age limit and Essential Qualification must be fulfilled as on 08.01.2010 ( closing date ).
Note I :
The post is identified as suitable for OH candidates ( one leg / one arm ) and candidates with low vision. should be enclosed by such candidates along with their application. HH candidates are not suitable for the post.
However, one eyed candidates and visually handicapped ( Low vision ) candidates whose visual Degree of Disability is less than forty percent will not be considered as visually handicapped persons.
Age relaxation to PH ( OH / HH / VH candidates are admissible as per rules. There is no reservation for persons with disability against the current vacancies to be filled in.
Note II :
No relaxation in the upper age – limit is available for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
Note III :
Ex – servicemen must possess the Essential Qualification as laid down in the notice. Otherwise, they need not apply.
Note IV :
Reservation for the Ex-servicemen is not available for this post. However, Ex Serviceman candidates may claim age relaxation under para 3 Note ( ix ) of the notice.
Note V :
An “Ex – serviceman” means a person, who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular army, Kavy or air force of the Indian Union and
- Who retired from such service after earning his pension. ( This would cover a person who is released / retired at his own request but after having earned his pension ) or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released otherwise than oh his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service
- Persons with disability attributable to military service
- Gallantry award winners.
Note VI :
The Period of ‘Call up Service’ of an ex-serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces.
Note VII :
No age – relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of ExS.
Note VIII :
For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as ExS for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / service, the status of ExS and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date, ( i.e., 07.01.2011 ) on completion of his assignment.
Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/2/91-Estt ( SCT ) dated 3.4.91.
Note IX :
ExS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Government from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years.
Note X :
As per D/o Personnel & Training’s OM No.36034/6/90 – Estt – SCT dated 24.4.92, such ExS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their reemployment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for ExS for securing another employment in a higher grade.
Age concession to in the case of Widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried shall be in accordance with the instructions of the Government of India.