( Southern Region )
SSC Southern Region Applications are invited for the Post of investigators in the O/O the Development Commissioner ( Handicrafts ) Ministry of Textiles New Delhi.
|Category No. SR - 1||Investigator|
|Classification||Group - C Non - Technical, Non Gazetted, Non - Ministerial|
|Vacancy||UR - 3 ( Three ) and OBC - 2 ( Two )|
|Scale of Pay||PB - 2 ( Pay Scale : 9300 - 34800 ) With Grade pay 4,200/-|
|Initial Place of Posting||Andhra Pradesh - Warangal, Vijayawada and Hyderabad. Tamil Nadu - Salem and Nagercoil with All India Service Liability.|
|Age Limits||Between 20 to 26 years.
Upper Age Limit is relaxable upto
|Fee||50/- ( Rupees fifty only ). No fee for SC / ST / ExS / OH & Female candidates.|
|Essential Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in any subject from a recognized University or its equivalent. Important Note On Educational Qualifications;- Degree / Diploma etc. obtained by candidates from open Universities / Distance Education will not be accepted unless the same is accompanied with a certificate to the effect that the course is recognized by Distance Education Council in terms of Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification no. 44 published in Gazette of India dated 08.04.1995 for the relevant period when the candidate has acquired the relevant qualification.|
|Job Responsibilities||To conduct survey of Handicrafts, to prepare Statistical data, to assist the Assistant Director ( Handicrafts ), marketing and service extension centres in maintaining liason work with State Government / PSU's / NGO ( s ), Cooperative Societies etc for successful implementation of departmental schemes being executed and implemented for welfare and upliftment of Handi crafts artisans.|
2. Abbreviations Used :
EQ : Essential Qualification; DQ : Desirable Qualification; Initial place of Posting; JR: Job Responsibilities; Profi – test: Proficiency Test; UR – Unreserved, SC – Scheduled Caste, ST - Scheduled Tribe, OBC- Other Backward Class,
PH – Physically Handicapped, ( OH – Orthopaedicallly Handicapped, HH - Hearing Handicapped, VH – Visually Handicapped, ) Exs- Exserviceman.
3. Important Instructions as Regards Age, Essential Qualification & Eligibility for SSC Southern Region:
1. Age limit and Essential Qualification must be fulfilled as on 01.06.2010 ( closing date ).
Note I : The post is not identified as suitable for PH ( OH / HH / VH candidates ).
Note II : No relaxation in the upper age-limit is available for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
Note III : Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation under OBC Category not covered under the Creamy Layer must ensure that they furnish the OBC Certificate duly signed by the competent Authority before or on the 01.06.2010 ( closing date ) in the format prescribed by the Commission in the Notice as Appendix III.
Any deviation of the OBC Certificate from the present prescribed format will not be accepted by the Commission and will lead such applications to be treated as belonging to General ( UR ) category in case such candidates are within the age limit for General ( UR ) category.
Otherwise, such applications shall be rejected. Representations from candidates for reconsideration of their category at subsequent stages of the recruitment will not be entertained. The Commission will however have the discretionary power to reduce / waive off any of the provisions in exceptional and deserving cases.
Note IV : The closing date for receipt of application will be treated as the date of reckoning for considering the OBC status of the candidate and also, for assuming that the candidate does not fall in the Creamy layer.
Note V : Ex Servicemen must possess the Essential Qualification as laid down in the notice. Otherwise, they need not apply.
Note VI : Reservation for the Ex Serviceman is not available for this post.
However, Ex serviceman candidates may claim age relaxation under Note XI of this para.
Note VII : An “Ex serviceman” means a person, who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union and
- Who retired from such service after earning his pension. ( This would cover a person who is released / retired at his own request but after having earned his pension ) or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service/circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service.
- Persons with disability attributable to military service.
- Gallantry award winners.
Note VIII : The Period of ‘Call up Service’ of an ex-serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces.
Note IX : No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of Ex Servicemen.
Note X : For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as ExS for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / service, the status of ExS and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date, ( i.e.31.05.2011 ) on completion of his assignment.
Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M.No. 36034/2/9l-Estt ( SCT ) dated 3.4.91. ( Appendix I and II ).
Note XI : ExS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Government, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age-limit by more than three years.
Note XII : As per D/o Personnel & Training’s OM No.36034/6/90 – Estt – SCT dated 2.4.92, such ExS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government, in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for ExS for securing another employment in a higher grade.
- Age concession in the case of Widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried shall be in accordance with the extant Rules / orders of the Government of India.
- Age Relaxation for Central Government Civilian Employees : The upper age limit is also relaxable upto 35 years ( 38 years OBC candidates ) to the Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less that 3 years of continuous service on regular basis ( and not on adhoc basis ) as on 01.06.2010. Such candidates are required to submit a certificate from the Head of Office or Department in which the candidate is working as per Appendix IV.
- Instructions to candidates employed in Central Government Service.
The candidates employed in Central Government Service and who are within the prescribed age limit may also apply. They will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Recruitment. Such candidates are required to submit a certificate from the Head of the Office or Department in which the candidate is working as per Appendix – V.
Such, employees may send their applications directly to the Commission after intimating to their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. However, in case, they decide to send a copy through proper channel, they must ensure that the application complete in all respects reaches Staff Selection Commission by the closing date.
Applications shall be rejected if received late and / or are not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.