SSC Southern Region Recruitment for Field Assistant
SSC Southern Region Applications are invited for the post of Field Assistant, in the Office of the all India Soil and Land Use Survey, Hyderabad
Category No.SR – 1: Field Assistant
Classification: Group-C Technical (Non Ministerial)
Vacancy: UR – 1 (one) and OBC-1 (one)
Scale of Pay: Pay Band (PB 2) of Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-
Initial Place of Posting: Hyderabad
Age Limits for SSC Southern Region Recruitment 2010 : Between 18 to 25 years. Upper Age Limit is relaxable upto 1. 28 Years for OBC Candidates Relaxable upto 40 years in respect of Departmental candidates (General Category) & other Central Government employees with 3 years’ continuous service.
Fee: Rs.50/- No Fee for SC / ST / EX-S / Female candidates
Essential Qualification: Degree of Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) from a recognized University. Important note on Educational Qualifications; Degree / Diploma etc. obtained by candidates from open Universities Distance Education will not be accepted unless the same is accompanied with a certificate to the effect, that the course is recognized by Distance Educational Council in terms of Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification no. 44 published in Gazette of India dated 08.04.1995 for the relevant period when the candidate has acquired the relevant qualification.
Desirable Qualification: NIL
- To Assist the Soil Surveyor in the field to carry out soil survey and preparation of survey report and to remain in the field for a minimum period of 200 days every year.
- To assist Field Officer/Assistant Field Officer to carry out soil survey and mapping, procurement of base maps, collection of agricultural, meterological and socio-economic data.
- Age & EQ must be fulfilled as on 01.06.2010 (closing date).
- Upper age relaxation is not available for SC/ST candidates applying against UR posts.
- These 2 posts are not reserved for Ex-S. However, age relaxation is available for Ex-serviceman candidates as per extant rules. For any Serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-S for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired at the relevant time of submitting his application for post/service, the status ofEx-Sand/ or in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competenf authority that he would be released/ discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date i.e. (31.05.2011) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training O.M.No.36034/2/91-Estt(SCT) dated 3.4.91 (Appendix I and II).
- No age-relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of Ex-S.
- The posts are not suitable for PH ( OH/HH/VH) candidates.
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.89 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age- limit by five years in support of which the proof of residence may be submitted along with the application, to that effect.
- Upper age limit is relaxable upto the age of 35 Years in the case of widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried.
- Age relaxation is admissible to Government servants. The upper age limit is admissible only to Civilian Central Government servants and not to Armed Forces Personnel. Upper age limit is relaxable upto 40 years for other Central Government Employees and Departmental candidates who have rendered not less than three years of continuous service and they will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Recruitment. Such candidates seeking’ age relaxation (in upper age-limit) are required to submit a certificate from the Office where they are employed as per Appendix – IV.
3. SSC Fee Payable & Mode of Payment: Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty only) in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps which are available in all Post Offices. Any other mode of payment viz., money order, cheque, DD & Postal order will not be accepted.
- All Female candidates
- SC/ST Candidates.
- Ex-Servicemen who have not already secured employment under the Central Government, in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their re-employment
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
4. Mode of Selection for SSC Southern Region 2010 : Usually, the selection to the posts will be made on the basis of Interview. However, if necessary, the Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a Proficiency/Screening Test. Wherever, a Proficiency/Screening Test is prescribed, only such candidates who obtain a certain minimum marks in the Proficiency/ Screening Test will be called for the Interview/Personality Test.
Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualifications, etc. will not entitle candidates to be called for the Interview. The Commission may make a preliminary shortlisting of candidates with reference to the number of posts, on the basis of their educational qualifications, academic records, percentage of marks, etc., and the candidates so shortlisted will be required to undergo an interview.
The Interview/ Personality Test is structured in such a manner that the candidates’ interests, Knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc., are probed.
5. SSC Southern Region Application Form 2010: The applications duly filled ((Please refer to “Guidelines for filling in the Application Form” given separately.) should be addressed to the Southern Regional Office of the Commission on or before 01.06.2010 (Closing date) at the following address :
The Regional Director,
Staff Selection Commission,
2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building,
Chennai – 600 217.
(In the case of residents residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad the closing date shall be 08.06.2010).
Applications received after the specified time of Closing Date will not be entertained under any Circumstances. The Commission will not be responsible for postal delay.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 01.06.2010 (5.00 p.m.)