1. SSC Applications are invited for three posts of Botanical Assistant Grade II in Botanical Survey of India, Southern Circle, Department of Environment, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Coimbatore.
Category No. SR – 1 : Botanical Assistant Grade II
Classification : Group – C ( Non – Gazetted, Non – Ministerial )
No of Vacancies : UR – 3 ( Three ) ( OH / HH / VH candidates are not suitable for the post ).
Scale of Pay : 9300 – 34800 + ( Grade Pay – 4200/- )
Initial Place of Posting : Coimbatore / Yercaud ( Salem Dist ) TamilNadu but likely to be posted anywhere in India including Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Age Limit : 25 years.
Upper Age Limit is relaxable upto : Relaxable upto 35 years in case of Government servants in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.
Essential Qualification : Second Class B.Sc. ( Hons. ) or B.Sc. with Botany with not less than 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification :
- Experience in arranging-Botanical exhibits of a museum / Experience in field collection of exhibits.
- Aptitude in Systematic Botany.
Job Responsibilities : To assist in Scientific research and prepare notes after consultation of literature. Identification and cataloguing of flora and. studying them in the various aspects in the field as well as in the herbarium and laboratory.
2. Important Instructions as Regards Age, Essential Qualification & Eligibility :
Age limit and Essential Qualification must be fulfilled as on 27.11.2009 ( closing date )
Note I : The post is not identified as suitable for PH ( OH / HH / VH Candidates ). Hence, they need not apply.
Note II : No relaxation in the upper age-limit is available for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
Note III : Ex servicemen must possess the Essential Qualification as laid down in the notice. Otherwise, they need not apply.
Note IV : Reservation for the Ex-servicemen is not available for this post. However, Ex Serviceman candidates may claim age relaxation under para 3 Note ( ix ) of the notice.
Note V : An “Ex – serviceman” means a person, who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union and
- Who retired from such service after earning his pension. ( This would cover a person who is released / retired at his own request but after having earned his pension ) or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension : or
- Who has been released otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service
- Persons with disability attributable to military service
- Gallantry award winners
Note VI : The Period of ‘Call up Service of an ‘ex – serviceman’ in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces.
Note VII : No age – relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of ExS.
Note VIII : For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as ExS for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / service, the status of ExS and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date, ( i.e. ) 26.11.2010 on completion of his assignment.
Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex – Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M.No. 36034/2/91 – Estt ( SCT ) dated 3.4.91.
Note IX : ExS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Government, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age – limit by more than three years.
Note X : As per D/o Personnel & Training’s OM No.36034/6/90 – Estt – SCT dated 24.4:92, such ExS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt, in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for ExS for securing another employment in a higher grade.
Age concession in the case of Widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried shall be in accordance with the instructions of the Government of India.
Age Relaxation For Central Government Civilian Employees :
The upper age limit is also relaxable upto 35 years to the Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years of continuous service on regular basis ( and not on adhoc basis ) as on 27.11.2009 Such candidates are required to submit a certificate from the Head of office or Department in which the candidate is working.