SSC Southern Region Recruitment of Junior Zoological Assistant – Southern Region 2010 Age Relaxation
Staff Selection Commission Southern Region invited applications for the post of Junior Zoological Assistant in the office of the Marine Biological Station, Zoological Survey of India, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Chennai.
Category No. SR – 1 : Junior Zoological Assistant
Classification : Group – ‘C’ ( Non – Gazetted. Non – Technical. Non – Ministerial )
No.of SSC Vacancies : UR – 1 ( One )
Scale of Pay : 5200 – 20200 and Grade Pay 2800/- in Pay Band
Initial Place of Posting : Chennai with all India Service Liability
Fee : 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) No Fee for SC / ST / EX – S and Female candidates.
SSC Age Limit : Below 25 years
Upper Age Limit is relaxable upto :
- Relaxable upto 35 years for Government servants in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.
- Essential Qualification : Bachelor’s degree in Science of a recognized University with Zoology as one of the subjects.
Desirable Qualification :
- Experience of collecting and preservation of Zoological Specimens.
- Knowledge of Zoological Laboratory technique e.g., preparation of slides, cutting micro tome Section etc.
Job Responsibilities :
- Maintenance of Collections.
- Assistance in Field Surveys and Research Work.
- Care and Sorting of collections.
- Labelling of Collections.
- Collection and preservation of Zoological Specimens in the field.
- Any other work assigned.
2. Abbreviations Used :
- EQ : Essential Qualification
- DQ : Desirable Qualification
- IP : Initial place of Posting
- JR : Job Responsibilities
- Profi – test : Proficiency Test
- UR : Unreserved
- SC : Scheduled Caste
- ST : Scheduled Tribe
- OBC : Other Backward Class
- PH : Physically Handicapped
- OH : Orthopaedicallly Handicapped
- HH : Hearing Handicapped
- VH : Visually Handicapped
- Exs : Ex – serviceman
3. Important Instructions as Regards age, Essential Qualification & Eligibility :
i ) Age limit and Essential Qualification must be fulfilled as on 08.01.2010 ( closing date )
Note I :
The post is not identified as suitable for PH ( OH / HH / VH candidates ). Hence, they need not apply.
Note II :
No relaxation in the upper age-limit is available for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
Note III :
Ex Servicemen must possess the Essential Qualification as laid down in the notice. Otherwise, they need not apply.
Note IV :
Reservation for the Ex Serviceman is not available for this post. However, Ex serviceman candidates may claim age relaxation under Note IX of this para.
Note V :
An “Ex serviceman” means a person, who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union and
- Who retired from such service after earning his pension. ( This would cover a person who is released / retired at his own request but after having earned his pension ) or
- Who has-been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military. service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely:-
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service
- Persons with disability attributable to military service
- Gallantry award winners.
Note VI :
The Period of ‘Call up Service’ of an ex serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces.
Note VII :
No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of Ex Servicemen.
Note VIII :
For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as ExS for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / service, the status of ExS and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date, ( i.e. 07.01.2011 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted.
Note IX :
ExS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Government from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years.
Note X :
As per D/o Personnel & Training’s OM No.36034/6/90 – Estt – SCT dated 2.4.92, such ExS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for ExS for securing another employment in a higher grade.
( ii ) Age concession in the case of Widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated form their husbands and who are not remarried shall be in accordance with the extant Rules /orders of the Government of India.