1. Sepoy Jobs in Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission invites applications from the eligible candidates for the SSC posts of Sepoy in the Narcotics Control Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs :
|Name of Post :||Sepoy|
|Category Number :||SR-1|
|Name of Organisation :||Narcotics Control Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Classification :||Group C Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial|
|Scale of pay :||5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/-|
|No. of vacancies :||16 ( UR-9, OBC- 4, SC- 2, ST-1 ) Not identified suitable for Persons with Disability. PH candidates need not apply.|
|Initial place of posting :||Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar.|
|Age Limit :||18 to 23 years as on 1st August 2011 ( 1.8.2011 )|
|Relaxable upto :||5 years for SC / ST 3 years for OBC 40 years for Departmental candidates|
|Candidates should fulfill the following qualifications :|
|Essential Qualification :||Should have passed the Matriculation Examination or its equivalent as on closing date.|
|Physical Standards :||For Male||For Female|
|Height :||170 cms||157 cms|
|Chest :||Unexpanded : 80 cms|
Expanded : Minimum expansion 5 cms
|No minimum requirement|
|Weight :||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards|
|Medical Standards :||Eye sight||
SSC Physical Efficiency Test ( PET )
Male Candidates :
- Five kilometres race to be completed within 24 minutes.
- 11 feet long jump ( 3 chances to be given ).
- 3 1/2 % feet high jump ( 3 chances to be given ).
Female candidates :
- 1.6 kilometres race to be completed within 8.3 minutes.
- 9 feet long jump ( 3 chances to be given ).
- 3 feet high jump ( 3 chances to be given ).
SSC Relaxation :
- Minimum height for men belonging to hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States shall be 165 cms.
- For female, the minimum height shall be 155 cms.
- The minimum height for Tribes / Adivasis ( Scheduled Tribes ) shall be 162.5 cms for Male candidates and 150 cms for Female’ candidates.
- Relaxation in chest is applicable only to Tribals ( STs ) and hill people. The minimum chest for this category of candidates is as under :
- Men belonging to hill areas specified as above : 78 – 83 cms.
- Scheduled Tribes of all States / UTs : 76-81 cms.
SSC Sepoy Job Description :
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in enforcement of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in collection and development of Intelligence.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer during investigation, search, seizure and arrest of drug traffickers having national and international ramifications.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in identification and destruction of illicit opium and cannabis cultivation.
- To be deployed on surveillance duties over drug traffickers during the day and night.
- To be deployed for serving the summons.
- To perform guard duty for safe custody of the accused.
- Any other duty assigned to him by his superior officers.
2. SSC Age and relaxation in upper age limit
Should be between 18 and 23 years as on 1.8.2011. Candidates should have been born not earlier than 2.8.1988 and not later than 1.8.1993.
SC / ST/ OBC Candidates :
- SC / ST candidates should submit their certificate in the format prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission as given in Appendix – III to claim age relaxation as mentioned against each post.
- Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation under OBC category not covered under the Creamy Layer must ensure that they enclose a certificate issued within three (3) years before the closing date in the format prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission as given in Appendix-IV.
- Any deviation in the OBC certificate from the present format will not be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission and will lead such applications to be treated as belonging to General ( UR ) category in case such candidates are within the SSC age limit for General ( UR ) category. Otherwise, such applications for SSC 2011 will be rejected.
- Closing date for receipt of SSC 2011 application will be treated as the date of reckoning for considering the OBC status of the candidate and also for assuming that the candidate does not fall in the Creamy Layer.
The Ex-Servicemen candidates should have been discharged or are likely to be discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date ( i.e. 02.01.2012 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form annexed as Appendix -I and Appendix-II.
No relaxation in upper age limit for SSC 2011 is admissible for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
- No SSC age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of Ex-Servicemen.
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the Staff Selection Commission upper age limit by 5 years in support of which the proof of residence may be submitted along with the SSC application to that effect.
- SSC Upper age limit is relaxable upto the age of 3 5 years in the case of widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are pot remarried.
- The Departmental candidates seeking SSC age relaxation in upper age limit should submit a certificate from the Office where they are employed as per Appendix-V.
3. SSC Fee Payable & Mode of Payment
50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps which are available in all Post Offices. Other modes of payment, viz. cash, money order, Cheque, DD and Postal Orders will not be accepted. Fee exemption :
- Female candidates, SC / ST candidates.
- Ex-Servicemen who are not already in employment under Central Govt in civil side after availing the benefit as Ex-S for such re-employment Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
4. Mode of Selection for Sepoy Jobs
Staff Selection Commission Recruitment process will consist of height bar, Prescribed Race, Physical Standards Test ( PST ) and Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ). Shortlisting of candidates for PST / PET will be done on the basis of the marks in matriculation or equivalent or the percentage of marks in the Screening Test, if conducted, which will also serve for ranking of the candidates qualifying in PST / PET and Medical Examination.
5. Application for SSC Sepoy Recruitments
The SSC applications 2011 duly filled in should be submitted in the prescribed form to the Southern Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission 2011 on or before 02.01.2012 ( closing date ) at the following address :
The Regional Director ( SR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
EVK Sampath Building,
Chennai – 600 217.
In the case of residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tnpura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamber District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date shall be 09.01.2012 ( 5.00 P.M ).
Applications for SSC received after the specified time of closing date will not be entertained under any circumstances. The Staff Selection Commission will not be responsible for postal delay. Please refer to Guidelines for filling in the SSC 2011 application Form before sending the application to the Staff Selection Commission.
General instructions for filling up application form for selection of Sepoy posts.
- It may be noted that the Staff Selection Commission uses Common Application Form for all its recruitments. Please go through the notice for the Recruitment for SSC 2011 and also these instructions carefully before applying for any of the Staff Selection Commission posts mentioned in the Notice. You must satisfy yourself that you are eligible for the SSC post for which you are applying.
- Use only blue / black pen for filling up the SSC Application Form 2011.
- Instructions have been given for most items in the SSC 2011 application itself which should be gone through carefully before filling up the boxes. For items for which instructions are not available or require further clarification, further instructions given below may be gone through carefully.
- Column 10 may be filled up carefully. Ex-Servicemen candidates are also required to fill up columns 10 and 10.1. j.
- Column No. 12.1- The category code for filling up this column is available in the Staff Selection Commission’s website : http://ssc.nic.in.
- Column No. 12.2 – Age as on closing date for receipt of applications for Staff Selection Commission 2011 should be indicated.
- Col. No. 13 relating to preference of SSC posts may be left blank.
- Column 27 Educational Qualification : The list of Educational Qualification and subjects mentioned in Appendix VIII is not exhaustive. Candidates who possess any educational qualification or studied any subject other than those mentioned in the list at Appendix – VIII may use ‘Others’ for qualifications and / or subject code.
- Candidates should read carefully the Essential Qualification required for the SSC post for which they are applying and ensure that they fulfill the same. Documents in support of Essential Qualifications should invariably be furnished along with the SSC 2011 application, failing which the applications for Staff Selection Commission 2011 will be summarily rejected.
- Column No. 19 : Write your complete communication address; including your Name in English in capital letters or in Hindi with blue / black ball pen. Do not forget to write 6 digit Pin in the boxes.
- Column 20 : Paste your recent photograph of size 4cm x 5 cm. Do not staple and do not get the photo attested. Please note that your SSC application form 2011 without photograph shall be rejected summarily.
- Column Nos. 21 and 22 : Please do ‘sign in running hand. Unsigned SSC 2011 applications will be rejected. Signature in capital letters of English shall not be accepted and your SSC application shall be summarily rejected. Variations in the signature will render the Online application for Staff Selection Commission 2011 liable to be rejected.