SSC North Western Region Recruitment for Sepoy 2011
Staff Selection Commission NW Region invites application for following SSC posts in various offices under Government of India falling within the jurisdiction of Staff Selection Commission ( North Western Region ), Chandigarh. Closing date for SSC North Western Region Recruitment is 26.12.2011. SSC Website : sscnwr.org.
Cat No. : NWR-1 : Sepoy in Narcotics Control Bureau.
1. Pay Scale for Sepoy Recruitment : 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 1800/- ( Group ‘C’ Non – Gazetted, Non – Ministerial ).
2. Sepoy Vacancy : A total of 12 vacancies ( UR – 07, OBC – 02, SC – 02, ST – 01 ) ( Post is not identified suitable for PH so they need not apply ) for Jammu, HP, Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Delhi, UP and – Uttarakhand.
3. Sepoy Age Limits : 18 – 23 years as on 01.08.2011. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 31.07.1993.
Note I : The upper age limit is relaxable for SC / ST / OBC, EX – Serviceman and their categories of persons in accordance with the Government orders on the subject.
4. Category Codes : Category codes and age relaxation for SSC NW Region available to different category of eligible candidates for claiming age relaxation as on the date of reckoning :
|Code No.||Category||Age Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|10||EX - Serviceman ( Unreserved )||3 years after deduction of the Military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|11.||Ex - Serviceman ( OBC )||06 years ( 03 + 03 years) after deduction of the Military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|12.||Ex - Servicemen ( SC / ST )||08 years ( 3 years + 5 years ) after deduction of the Military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|21||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 ( Unreserved )||05 Years|
|22||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st Jan 1980 to 31 Dec. 1989. ( OBC )||8 years|
|23||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State - of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st Jan 1980 to 31 Dec. 1989. ( SC / ST )||10 years|
|30||Departmental Candidates ( Unreserved ) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Upto 40 years of age|
|31||Departmental Candidates ( OBC ) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Upto 43 years|
|32||Departmental Candidates ( SC / ST ) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.||Upto 45 years|
|33||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots and communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat ( Unreserved )||5 years|
|34||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots and communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat ( OBC )||8 years|
|35||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots and .communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat ( SC / ST )||10 years|
Note – I : Ex-Serviceman who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group C & D posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to Ex-Servicemen for their re – employment are not eligible for fee concession or for claiming, benefits of reservation under Ex-Servicemen category. However, they are eligible for SSC age relaxation.
Note – II : The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of age relaxation for Staff Selection Commission.
Note – III : For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex – Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his SSC application for the Post / Service, the status of Ex-Serviceman and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the Closing Date for SSC North Western Region ( 26.12.2011 ).
Note – IV : Break between Army Service and re-employment should not exceed 2 years i.e. maximum Two years will be admissible between date of discharge and the last date of submission of SSC North Western Region application 2011.
Explanation 1 : An ExServiceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- who retired from such service after earning his / her pension. This would also include persons who are retired / retire at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
- who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service,
- Persons with Disability attributable to Military service, and
- Gallantry award winners.
Explanation 2 : The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service, would come under the category of Ex-Serviceman may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions availaole to Ex-Servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified term of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Explanation 3 :
Children means :
- son ( including adopted son ) or
- daughter ( including adopted daughter )
Dependent family member means :
- spouse or
- children or
- brother or sister in the case of unmarried victim who was wholly dependent on that victim at the time of his getting killed in the riots would be eligible.In order to be eligible for upper age relaxation in the category 33/34/35 , the applicant should produce a certificate to that effect from the concerned District Collector / District Magistrate where in the victim was killed.
5. Essential Qualification for Sepoy : Should have passed the Matriculation Examination or its equivalent from recognized Board / University.
6. Sepoy Desirable Qualifications : Nil.