SSC North Western Region Vacancies 2011
Staff Selection Commission North Western Region applications are invited for following posts in various offices under Government of India falling within the jurisdiction of Staff Selection Commission ( North Western Region ), Chandigarh.
Cat No. : NWR – 1 : Deputy Ranger
Pay Scale for Deputy Ranger : 5200 – 20200/- with G.P. 2400/- ( Group ‘ C \ Non – Gazetted, Non – Ministerial )
SSC Vacancy : 05 ( UR – 02, OBC – 1, SC – 01, ST – 01 ) ( Post is not identified suitable for PH )
Not Exceeding 28 years, Relaxable 03 years for OBC candidates & 05 years for SC / ST candidates ( Relaxable for Central ‘ Govt. Employees upto 35 years in case of General candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates and 40 years for SC / ST candidates )
Essential Qualification for Deputy Ranger :
- 12th Standard or its equivalent or trained Forester or trained Forest Guard from the regional Forestry School.
- Should have at least 02 years experience in Forest Survey / working plan organization / Forest Resources Survey work in State Forest Department.
Desirable Qualification for Deputy Ranger : Nil
Initial Posting : Shimla
All India Service Liability involved – Yes
J.R. : To collect Data from field, to lead the Crew, Survey of Inventory work of TOF ( U ) and TOF ( R ) & FDA Work.
Abbreviations Used :
UR: Unreserved, OBC : Other Backward Classes, SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, Ex – S. : Ex – Serviceman, PH : Physically Handicapped, OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped, HH : Hearing Handicapped, OL : One Leg, BL: Both Legs, OA : One Arm, OAL : One Arm and One Leg, VH : Visually Handicapped, IPO : Indian Postal Order, CRFS: Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, Deg. : Degree, Dip. : Diploma, Equiv. : Equivalent, Profi – test: Proficiency Test, Recog.: Recognized, AISL: All India Service Liability, Univ. : University, Instt. : Institute, Insttn. : Institution, M / o : Ministry of, D / o : Department of, O / o : Office of, PC : Post Code, PS: Pay Scale, IP: Initial Posting, EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, JR : Job Requirement, CGCE : Central Government Civilian Employee.
2. SSC Fee Payable :
50/- ( Rupees fifty only ). No fee for SCs, STs, Female candidates, Physically Handicapped and Ex – Servicemen. However, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt, in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation for SSC only prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for this recruitment. Fee concession is not admissible to sons & daughters or dependents of EXS. Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service are also not exempted from payment of fee.
Important Note for SSC Deputy Ranger :
Mode of payment of SSC Examination fee has been indicated in para-7 of these Instructions.
3. SSC Preliminary Selection :
Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualification, etc. will not entitle candidates to be called for the SSC North Western Region Interview. Staff Selection Commission may make a preliminary short listing of candidates on the basis of their educational qualifications, academic record, percentage of marks etc, and the candidates thus short listed will be required to undergo an Interview for SSC North Western Region ( along with proficiency test, wherever required ).
The Staff Selection Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a proficiency-test in appropriate subject for any of the categories of posts where it is felt necessary, before the candidates are called for SSC Interview. The proficiency – test would be in the relevant subject which will be intimated to the candidates in due course of time.
The Staff Selection Commission may, at its discretion, waive holding of Proficiency Test in those categories of SSC posts where a Proficiency test has been prescribed,
SSC Screening Test :
The Staff Selection Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a screening test for any of the categories where it is felt necessary, before SSC Interview / Proficiency test, keeping in view specific requirements for the Deputy Ranger post as per the provisions of RRs. Only such of the candidates who qualify in the screening test at the standard fixed by the Staff Selection Commission, at its discretion, would be eligible for being called for SSC Interview / Proficiency Test.
4. Application form for SSC North Wesern Region 2011 :
Staff Selection Commission NWR applications separately for different categories of posts must be submitted in “the form published along with the SSC advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar of 22.18.2011. The applications for SSC may be typed out in double space or Computer printed or written in hand neatly, but format should be the same as published. Candidates may use a photocopy of the form published in the Employment News but should not use Employment News / Rozgar Samachar cuttings as application forms for SSC.
SSC North Western Region applications submitted on a format which is not exactly the same, as published in SSC Advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily. The SSC North Western Region applications should be addressed to the following address.
Deputy Regional Director ( NWR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
SSC Fees should be paid only by way of CRFS.
Closing Date : 21.11.2011.
Important Instructions for SSC :
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University / Institute / Board. Candidates whose marks in Essential Qualification are indicated by Grades etc. should enclose a certificate from the concerned Board / University indicating the equivalent marks / percentage.
- Closing date for the receipt of SSC North Western Region application is 21.11.2011.
- Age limits, Essential qualifications are to be reckoned as on 21.11.2011. SC / ST candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix III. Like – wise OBC candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix – IV. PH candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-VI of SSC advertisement. No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters ( of an EXS ) by virtue of their father being an EXS.
- Upper age limit for SSC is relaxable for retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel Project authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the authority ( period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project authority ).
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit for SSC by five years in support of which the proof of residence must be submitted along with the application form duly signed by :
- The District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
- Any other authority designed in this behaif by the Govt. of J & K to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.1989.
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees / Departmental candidates claiming age relaxation must have rendered not less than three years continuous service ( on regular basis & not on ad hoc basis ) and must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix – V.
- For Group ‘ C posts, EXS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age-limit by more than three years ( 6 years in case of OBC and 8 years in case of SC / ST ). For Group ‘ B ‘ posts, EXS fulfilling the conditions laid by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed age relaxation beyond the upper age limit by 5 years for General, 8 years for OBC and 10 years for SC / ST EXS candidates.
- As per D / o Personnel & Training ‘ s O.M. No. 36034 / 6 / 90 – Estt – ( SCT ) dated 24 / 04 / 92, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govtrin Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for SSC recruitment.
- The period of ‘Call up Service’ of an EXS in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces. For any serviceman ( of the three Armed Forces of the Union ) to be treated as EXS for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for SSC post / service, the status of EXS and / or should be in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date ( i.e. 21.11.2011 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate/undertaking should be submitted by the Ex – Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D / o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034 / 2 / 91 – Estt ( SCT ) dated 03 / 04 / 91.
- SSC Upper age is relaxable only for posts / vacancies reserved for categories like SC / ST / OBC / EXS / PH. No such relaxation would be available to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies.
- For Group ‘ C posts, Widows / Divorced Women / Women Judicially separated and who are not remarried belonging to Unreserved / General category are entitled to age relaxation for SSC Deputy Ranger upto 35 years as on the closing date of receipt of SSC application. Similar women belonging to OBC and SC / ST category are entitled to further relaxation of 3 and 5 years, respectively.
7. Candidates are advised to pay the SSC Examination fee in the form of CRFS for which they are not to pay any commission to the post office. These stamps are available at all departmental Post Offices of the country. These Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the SSC North Western Region 2011 application form in the space earmarked for the purpose. SSC Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office ( including the post office of issue ) available at all departmental Post Offices of the country. These SSC Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the application form for SSC North Western Region in the space earmarked for the purpose.
SSC Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office ( including the post office of issue ) with the date stamp of post office in such a manner that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of the date and the post office of issue, at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the post office, the candidate may submit the SSC application to the North Western Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee paid by IPO, cash, Bank Draft or pay order, will not be taken into consideration.
More SSC vacancies in equivalent / comparable Posts pertaining to same or other Departments may also be filled through Staff Selection Commission NWR advertisement. Further, vacancies mentioned above are subject to change without notice.
SC / ST candidates called for SSC NWR interview will be paid T.A. as per Govt. orders ( if vacancy is reserved for SC / ST as the case may be ).
No T.A. will be paid for proficiency-test / screening test if it is held on a day other than that of SSC Interview.
Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
The SSC North Western Region application, complete in all respects, should reach the following address by 21.11.2011.
Deputy Regional Director ( NWR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
Sector – 9,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
In the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub – Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad, their closing date for receipt of application would be 28.11.2011.
Application for SSC North Western Region 2011 shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.