SSC North Eastern Region NER applications 2012 are invited from suitable STs fulfilling all the eligibility criteria viz. – Age limit; Educational qualification; Category, as shown below for filling up of one post of Senior Technical Assistant ( Hydrogeology ), General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, in Ministry of Water Resources, Central Ground Water Board, Bhujal Bhawan, NH-IV, Faridabad – 121 001.
Pay Scale for Senior Technical Assistant : 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4600/- ( PB-2 ).
Senior Technical Assistant Vacancy : 1 ( ST ) ( since the post is identified not suitable for OH / HH / VH, such PH persons need not apply ).
Age : Not exceeding 30 years ( Relaxable for Government servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt. ).
1. Since the SSC post is reserved for ST, the maximum age limit will be 30+5=35 years & in the event of his / her being a Central Govt. Civilian Employees with regular 3 years continuous service, another 5 years age relaxation for SSC is admissible.
2. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of SSC NER region application 2012.
Senior Technical Assistant Essential Qualification : Masters degree in Geology or Hydrogeology or Applied Geology from a recognised University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualification for Senior Technical Assistant : Nil
Initial Posting : NER, Guwahati.
All India Service Liability : Yes.
Job Requirement for Senior Technical Assistant :
1. Monitoring the ground water regime in terms of quality and quantity in space and time alongwith technical assistance to states to tackle the drought situation.
2. To take up studies like conjunctive use and artificial recharge project.
3. To take up data input and their analysis for carrying out mathematical modeling generating various scenarios for different Hydro geological situations for various ground water regime problems.
4. To carry out remote sensing and GIS studies.
Period of Probation : 2 ( two ) years.
N.B. : Since the post is reserved for ST category, others need not apply.
Instructions to Candidates
1. Abbreviations Used : EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, ST: Scheduled Tribe; PH: Physically Handicapped; OH: Orthophedically Handicapped, HH: Hearing Handicapped, VH: Visually Handicapped, CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, AISL : All India Service Liability, IP : Initial Posting, , JR: Job-Requirement, POP: Period of Probation, i.e. that is.
2. Application Fee Payable for SSC : Nil
Closing Date for SSC NER Region Recruitment 2012 : 30 Days ( Till 5 PM ) from the date of publication of the SSC North Eastern Region advertisement in the employment news.