Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sunday, the 22.07.2012, an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Junior Grade of Indian Information Service, a Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted post, in Pay Band-2 ( 9300-34800 ) plus Grade Pay of 4200, all over the country.
If the number of candidates does not justify a SSC Junior Grade written examination, the Staff Selection Commission may at its discretion dispense with the SSC Indian Information Service examination and shortlist candidates on the basis of percent of marks secured in the qualifying Degree / Diploma.
2. Vacancies / Reservation for SSC 2012
- The tentative vacancies position in SSC is as under :
UR OBC SC ST OH HH VH Total 70 36 19 09 02 02 01 134
- The SSC Junior Grade vacancies 2012 are language based. Candidate has the option to appear for the examination / Interview for post(s) earmarked for more than one language if he has studied the languages upto secondary school level. So, he / she should specify clearly the language(s) for which he / she wishes to be considered by putting the language wise code in the SSC application form. Break up of SSC vacancies alongwith language code are as follows :
Sl.No. Language Vacancies Language Code 1. English 29 A 2. Hindi 41 B 3. Urdu 16 C 4. Punjabi 04 D 5. Kashmiri 01 E 6. Bengali 06 F 7. Oriya 03 G 8. Assamese 03 H 9. Manipuri 03 I 10. Nepali 01 J 11. Marathi 07 K 12. Gujarati 03 L 13. Sindhi 01 M 14. Tamil 04 N 15. Kannada 02 O 16. Malyalam 05 P 17. Telugu 05 Q
- Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / and Minority candidates belonging to OBC categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders subject to note below :
Note – I : The Staff Selection Commission posts have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of ( OA ) One Arm affected and ( OL ) One Leg affected in the case of orthopedically handicapped ( OH ) and ( PD ) Partially Deaf and ( D ) Deaf in case of Hearing Handicapped ( HH ) and Low vision in the case of Visually handicapped ( VH ).
Note – 2 : Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more will only be eligible for reservation under respective categories ( OH / HH / VH ).(i) The SSC posts carry All India Service Liability ( AISL )
- Staff Selection Commission Vacancies 2012 are located in different media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting throughout the country and the candidates selected will have to serve anywhere in the country and shall be transferable to different media units of the Ministry.
- The number of vacancies in SSC is tentative and subject to variation.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.