6. Important Instructions :
- Usually the selection to the posts will be made on the basis of an Interview. However, ‘ where it is felt necessary a proficiency test may also be held prior to Interview. Syllabus of Proficiency-test will be mentioned in the call letters sent to the candidates for appearing in the Proficiency-test. Wherever, a proficiency-test is prescribed, only such candidates who obtain a certain minimum marks in the proficiency-test will be called for Interview.
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications must have been obtained from a recognised University / Institute / Board.
- Closing date for the receipt of application is 23.06.2008.
- Age limits and Essential qualifications are to be reckoned as on 23.06.2008. Upper Age-limit is relaxable by 5 year for SCs / STs, 3 year for OBCs, 10 years for PH persons, and for other specific categories like EXS as per orders in force. SC / ST candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix III. Like-wise OBC candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-IV., before or by the closing date 23.06.2008. No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters ( of an EXS ) by virtue of their father being an EXS. OH / HH candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-VI.
- Upper age-limit is relaxable for retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel project authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the authority ( period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project authority ).
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu& Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age-limit by five years in support of which the proof of residence must be submitted along with the application form duly signed by :
- The District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
- Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt, of J&K to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.1989.
- Upper age-limit is relaxable upto the age of 40 years ( 43 years for OBCs and 45 years for SCs / STs ), as on 23.06.2008 for Departmental candidates who have rendered not less than three years continuous service ( on regular basis & not on ad-hoc basis ) provided they are working in posts which are in the same line, allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that service rendered in the Department will be useful for efficient discharge of the duties in the other categories of posts in accordance with the D/O Personnel & Training’s O.M. Nos. 4/4/74-Estt( D ) dated 20.7.76, 35014/4/79-Estt( D ) dated 24.10.85, 15024/3/87( D ) dated 7.10.87 and 15012/1/88-Estt ( D ) dated 20.5.88. Such candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-V.
- EXS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age-limit by more than three years.
- As per D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/6/90-Estt-SCT dated 24/04/92, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt, in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their reemployment are eligible for age-relaxation prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for this recruitment.
- The period of ‘Call up Service’ of an EXS in the Armed forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed forces. For any serviceman ( of the three Armed Forces of the Union ) to be treated as EXS for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of. submitting his application for post / service, the status of EXS and / or should be in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date ( i.e. 23.06.2008 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate/undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/2/91-Estt ( SCT )dated 03/04/91. ( Appendix I and II ).
- Upper age is relaxable only for posts/vacancies reserved for categories like SC / ST / OBC / EXS / PH. No such relaxation would be available for SC / ST / OBC / EXS / PH candidates applying for UR posts/vacancies.
7. Candidates are advised to pay the Examination fee in the form of CRFS for which they are not to pay any commission to the post office. These stamps are available at all departmental Post Offices of the country. These Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose. Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office ( including the post office of issue ) with the date stamp of post office in such a manner that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of the date and the post office of issue, at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the post office, the candidate may submit the application to the Central Regional Office of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee paid by IPO, cash, Bank Draft or pay order, will Not be taken into consideration.
8. More vacancies in equivalent / comparable Posts may also be filled through this advertisement. Further, vacancies mentioned above are subject to change without notice.
9. SC / ST candidates called for interview will be paid T.A. as per Govt, orders. No. T.A. will be paid for proficiency-test / screening test, if it is held on a day other than that of Interview.
10. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
11.The job requirements of the posts are indicated below each category to facilitate the candidates to understand the main functions to be performed after appointment to the post.
12.Candidates must submit separate applications and pay the fee separately for each category of post in case they wish to apply for more than one category. Candidates should also note that one envelope should contain application ( s ) of one candidate only.
13. Submission of certificate ( s ) in support of
Essential Qualifications :
- Post ( s ) requiring proficiency in the relevant language as an essential qualification means that the candidate must have studied in that language / dialect upto matric level and in case the relevant language / dialect is not taught as a subject in Matric, the said language / dialect must be the mother-tongue of the candidate or he / she should have the ‘working knowledge’ which shall be determined by the Staff Selection Commission.
- For posts where an experience in a particular field / discipline for a specified period has been indicated as an essential qualification, in such cases the candidates should submit a certificate in support of their claim of experience in that field / discipline.
- If the above documents / certificates are not furnished by the candidates along-with their applications, their candidature is liable to be rejected summarily at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only attested / self-attested copies of certificates & mark-sheets are required to be sent. Original Certificates / Marksheets must not be sent with the application. All copies should be legible.
14. All candidates in Govt. Service whether in a permanent or in temporary capacity or as work-charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees, or those serving under Public Enterprises, will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the post. These candidates may send their applications directly to the Commission after intimating their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. They must ensure that the application complete in all respects reaches Staff Selection Commission by the closing date. Applications shall be rejected if received late and / or are not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidate to appear at the examination, their applications shall be rejected / candidature shall be cancelled.
15. Any dispute in regard to this recruitment will be subject to Allahabad courts / Tribunals’ jurisdiction.
16. The application, complete in all respects, should reach the Regional Director, Staff Selection Commission ( CR ), 8 A-B, Beli Road, Allahabad by 23.06.2008. In the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad, their closing date for receipt of application would be 30,06.2008. Application shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all resects as provided in the rules.