SSC Western Region Recruitment 2017 Selection Procedures / Examination Scheme
Selection Procedures for SSC Western Region Recruitment 2017 :
- The Government has dispensed with Interviews for Junior Level Posts. Accordingly, recruitment to Selection Posts will be made through Written Examination in Computer Based Mode consisting of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Computer Based Examination based on the percentage of marks in Essential Qualifications as indicated by them in their application. Candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:50, i.e. 50 candidates for every vacancy, subject to availability of sufficient number of eligible candidates. Candidates will be shortlisted by applying suitable cut off in the percentage of marks, in multiples of five. The number of candidates shortlisted may be slightly more or less due to the criteria of applying cut off in multiples of five.
- For the purpose of shortlisting of candidates for Computer Based Examination, the Commission will follow the yardstick adopted by the University/Institution and take into account the percentage of marks as indicated in the Final Year Marks Statement. The Commission will not take the responsibility of working out the percentage of marks by adding up the marks secured by the candidates in different subjects/each year of Graduation and instead take into account the percentage of marks / CGPA as indicated in the Final Year Marks Statement.
- Where the Merit of the candidate is indicated in the Final Year Marks Statement in CGPA without indicating the corresponding percentage of marks, the Commission will follow the criteria indicated by the University / Institution in the Certificate, if any, for arriving at the corresponding percentage. In all other cases, the Commission will apply the conversion formula of CGPA (as indicated in the Final Year Marks Statement)
- The criteria followed by the Commission in shortlisting candidates will be final. No appeal or representation will be entertained against such Shortlisting criteria.
- The information furnished by the candidates in their applications will be verified by the Commission with reference to their original documents after the Computer Based Mode Examination. During verification of documents, if it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in the application is wrong, his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith. No appeal or representation against such rejection of candidature will be entertained. The candidates should ensure that they have furnished correct information in the application form.
12. Scheme of SSC Western Region Examination 2017 :
There will be Computer Based Mode of Examinations consisting of Objective / Multiple Choice Questions, separately for posts with minimum Educational Qualification of Matriculation, Higher Secondary and Graduation and above levels.
The details of subjects for Questions, marks and number of Questions subject-wise :
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Total Duration / Timing|
|General Intelligence||25 questions||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25 questions||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25 questions||50|
|General Awareness||25 questions||50|
For VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and OH with deformity in writing hand) – 80 Minutes
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission’s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys corresponding to their Test Form and submit representations, if any within three (3) days after the uploading of the Answer Key, through online modality only, on payment of 100/- per answer. Any representation regarding Answer Key received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Key will be scrutinized and the decision of Staff Selection Commission in this regard will be final.
- Skill Tests like Typing / Data Entry / Computer Proficiency Test, etc., where prescribed in the Essential Qualification, will be conducted, which will be of a qualifying nature.
- Final Merit List will be drawn on the basis of performance in Computer Based Mode Examination.
- Resolution of Tie Cases : In case two or more candidates secure same marks in the Computer Based Mode Examination, the tie will be resolved by the following procedure :
- On the basis of date of birth with the older candidate being placed higher in merit.
- Alphabetical Order of first names of the candidate.
Important Note : Computer Based Examination for Selection Posts will beheld only in selected Cities / Centres and the Commission reserves the right to call candidates to any of the identified Centres for the Examination. Staff Selection Commission’s decision regarding allotment of Examination Centre shall be final and no request / appeal will be entertained for change of Centre.