1. The Staff Selection Commission will hold the Upper Division Grade Special Limited Departmental Competitive Examination on 15.07.2012 at Delhi, Allahabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Chandigarh and Raipur in accordance with the enclosed rules framed and notified in the Gazette of India by the Department of Personnel and Training vide notification dated 11.05.1971 for making additions to the Select List year 2003 of Upper Division Grade of Central Secretariat Clerical Service.
The Centres and the date of the SSC examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of Staff Selection Commission. Candidates admitted to the SSC CDC examination 2012 will be informed about the Time Table, Place and Date of Examination through Admission Certificates in due course.
2. There will be around 500 vacancies for inclusion in the select list year 2003 for the Upper Division Grade of the Central Secretariat Clerical Service. The number of SSC vacancies is indicative and may undergo change any time before the declaration of result.
Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes candidates and Physically Handicapped ( Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Handicapped and Visually Handicapped only ) candidates will be as per the vacancy position in SSC reported to the Staff Selection Commission by Department of Personnel and Training.
3. Candidates seeking admission to the SSC 2012 examination must apply to the Regional Director ( NR ), Staff Selection Commission, Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 504 through their cadre authorities. Applications must be submitted in the prescribed form published in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar dated 07-04-2012. The candidates may use the format of the SSC Upper Division Grade application form published in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar in original or typed neatly in double space in A-4 size paper or by downloading the same from the website of the Staff Selection Commission i.e. http://ssc.nic.in.
4. The complete SSC 2012 application form through the cadre authorities must reach the following address Regional Director ( NR ), Staff Selection Commission, Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 504, on or before 04.05.2012 ( 5.00 P.M. ) and from candidates residing abroad and from Andaman Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep by 11.05.2012 accompanied by necessary documents in accordance with the Instructions to candidates contained in the Annexure. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Note – I : Cadre Authorities of the Applicant concerned must send / forward the application form to the Staff Selection Commission before the closing date / last date.
Note – II : Applications for SSC submitted on any format, different from the format published in Staff Selection Commission advertisement, shall be rejected summarily without any further correspondence.
5. All communications in respect of SSC applications should be addressed to the following address and should contain the following particulars :
Regional Director ( NR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex,
New Delhi – 110 504
- Name of Examination.
- Month and Year of Examination.
- Roll Number or Date of Birth if roll number not communicated to candidate.
- Name of candidate ( In Full and in Block Letters ).
- Postal address as given in application.
Communications not giving these particulars will not be attended to . In all correspondence with the Staff Selection Commission concerning SSC UDC 2012 examination, candidates should invariably super scribe their envelopes and correspondence with the words and figures, “Special Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2012″.
Instructions to Candidates
1. The candidate must carefully go through the Notice, the Rules, the Application Form for SSC and other papers related to the Staff Selection Commission examination, to see his / her eligibility before filling in the SSC UDC Exam 2012 application form. The conditions prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The candidate must select, from among the centres given in paragraph 1 of the notice, the centre at which he / she wishes to appear for the SSC examination and indicate the same in his / her application. No request for change in the centre will be entertained. The Staff Selection Commission may direct the candidate to appear in any other centre, at its option.
2. The SSC application form must be filled in candidate’s own handwriting. Candidates must submit his / her application for Staff Selection Commission to the Head of his / her Department / Office concerned well in time, who should complete the endorsement at the end of SSC 2012 application form and forward it to the following address Regional Director ( NR ), Staff Selection Commission, Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 504 so as to reach the same by the last date prescribed in the Notice.
3. Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars which may be false or suppress any material information in filling in the Staff Selection Commission application form.
4. (I) A candidate must send the following documents with his / her application :
- Certified true copy of the first page of the service Book attested by the Head of Department or Office in which the candidate is employed at the time of making the SSC Exam 2012 application should show the name of the candidate in full, his / her father’s name ( Husband’s name in the case of a married women ) Government servant, nationality, name of the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes in the case of candidates belonging to such caste or tribe, date of birth by the Christian Era ( both in figures and words ), educational qualification and specimen signature of the candidate.
- Certified true copy of the particulars of service since 01.07.1998 attested by the Head of Department or Office in which he / she is working at the time of making the application for SSC Exam 2012 should show the posts held along-with scale of pay and the capacity i.e. substantive, officiating, permanent or temporary in which the post is held.
Note : The Staff Selection Commission may, if it considers necessary, call for the Service Book or other documentary evidence.
- Only attested photocopies ( self attested by the candidate / duly attested by Gazetted Officer ) should be submitted in support of claim for relaxation of age etc. and no document should be submitted in original.
5. Candidates are warned that if an application for SSC Exam 2012 is incomplete or wrongly filled in or is not accompanied with any one of the documents mentioned under paragraph 4 above the application is liable to be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
In case of specified valid reasons the document (s) not submitted with the SSC application without a reasonable explanation for its absence should be sent soon after the submission of the application for SSC 2012 and in any case they must reach the office of the Staff Selection Commission within 7 days from the closing date of the receipt of SSC application failing which, the application is liable to be rejected.
Candidates are warned that they should in no case correct or alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in the documents submitted by them, nor should they submit tampered documents. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between two or more such documents, an explanation regarding the discrepancy may be submitted separately.
6. (i) A candidate disabled while in the Defence Services claiming age concession under Rule 4 (iii ) (a) (ii) of the Rules appended should produce an attested copy of a certificate in the form prescribed below from the Director General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence, to show that he / she was disabled while in the Defence Services, in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
The candidate may download the Notice & Application Form from the Staff Selection Commission’s web site : http://ssc.nic.in.
The rules for the SSC examinations are as below :
- The rules for Special Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for inclusion in the Select List year 2003 for the Central Secretariat Clerical Service, to be held by the Staff Selection Commission in 2012 are published for general information.
- The actual number of persons to be selected for inclusion in the select list will be determined later as given in para-2 of the Notice issued by the Staff Selection Commission, Reservations shall be made for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes after taking into account the vacancy position reported to the Staff Selection Commission by the indenting cadre.
“A Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe means any of the Castes / Tribes specified in the orders issued under Article 341-342 of the Constitution from time to time”. The Reservation shall also be made for the Physically Handicapped ( Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Handicapped and Visually Handicapped ) candidates.
- The UDC 2012 examination will be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission in the manner prescribed in the Appendix to this Rules. The Staff Selection Commission in its discretion, may change the date on which and the place at which the examination will be held.