Staff Selection Commission Southern Region – Application Form
Applications are invited for the post of Technical Assistant ( Group ‘C’ Post ) in the Regional Office for Health and Family Welfare, ( Tamil Nadu and Puducherry ), Chennai.
Name of the Post : Technical Assistant.
Classification : Group – C ( Non Technical ).
Vacancy : 1 ( one ) – SC. PH ( OH / HH / VH candidates are not suitable for the post ).
Scale of Pay : 4500 – 125 – 7000.
Initial Place of Posting : Chennai.
Age Limits : 21 – 30 years no age relaxation is admissible for Departmental candidates and other Central Government Employees. Upper age limit is relaxable upto 35 years for SC candidates.
Essential Qualification : 1. Masters Degree in Mathematics or Statistics ( OR ) Graduate in Mathematics or Statistics with 3 years experience in handling Statistical material in a recognized organization.
Desirable Qualification : Knowledge of collecting, maintaining, analyzing data pertaining to Family Planning.
Job Responsibilities : To assist the Head of the Department / Officers in tour for monitoring all Health Programs in the District. Compilation of Statistical Data obtained in all National Health Programs. Sample verification of the Family Welfare Programs in the District.
2. Abbreviations Used :
EQ : Essential Qualification; DQ : Desirable Qualification; IP : Initial place of Posting; JR : Job Requirements; Profi-test : Proficiency Test;
3. Important Instructions As Regards Age, Essential Qualification & Eligibility :
- Age limit and Essential Qualification must be fulfilled as on 11.04.2008 ( closing date )
Note I :
1. PH ( OH / HH / VH candidates are not suitable for this Recruitment ). Reservation for OH / HH / VH candidates is not available for this Recruitment.
2. Reservation for the Ex-Serviceman is not available for this post. However, SC, Ex-serviceman candidates may claim age relaxation under para 3 ( iv ) ( v ) & ( vi ) of the Notice.
- Upper age-limit is relaxable to retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel Project Authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the Authority ( Period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project Authority ).
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.89 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age-limit by five years in support of which the proof of residence may be submitted along with the application with a certificate from:
( a ) The District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided; or
( b ) Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt, of J&K to the effect that he / she had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.89.
- ExS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age-limit by more than three years.
- An “Ex-serviceman” means a person, who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union and
( a ) Who retired from such service after earning his / her pension. ( This would cover a person who is released / retired at his own request but after having earned his pension ) or.
( b ) who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his / her control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
( c ) who has been released otherwise than on his / her own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
( d ) who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :
( a ) Pension holders for continuous embodied service;
( b ) Persons with disability attributable to military service,.
( c ) Gallantry award winners.
Note I : The period of ‘Call up Service’ of an ex-serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces.
Note II : No age-relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters of ExS.
Note III : For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as ExS for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / services, the status of ExS and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date, ( i.e. 11.04.2008 ) on completion of his assignment.
Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M.No. 36034/2/91-Estt( SCT ) dated 3.4.91. ( Appendix I and II ).
- As per D/o Personnel & Training’s OM No.36034/6/90-Estt-SCT dated 24.4.92, such ExS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt, in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as ExS for their re-employment are eligible fo age-relaxation prescribed for ExS for securing another employment in a higher grade.
- No age relaxation is admissible to Departmental Candidates / other Central Government Employees.
- Upper age limit is permissible upto the age of 40 years ( for SC candidates only ) in the case of widows, divorced women and women who are judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried.
4. Proficiency / Screening Test : Usually, the selection to the posts will be made on the basis of Skill Test / Interview. However, if necessary, the Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a Proficiency / Screening Test. Whereever, a Proficiency / Screening Test is prescribed, only such candidates who obtain a certain minimum marks in the proficiency Screening Test will be called for the Interview / Personality Test.
“The Interview / Personality Test is structured in such a manner that the candidates’ interests, knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc. are probed, among other things, through academic qualifications, extra-curricular activities, general awareness / knowledge of the subject studied ( 10th onwards ), Communicative Skill and Personality etc.”