SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment in Indian Meteorological Department 2017
Staff Selection Commission will conduct a open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department, Group „B‟ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post, in the Level 6 of the Pay Matrix (Pay Band2 (<img src=”/wp-content/uploads/rupee.gif” alt=”Rupee” width=”8″ height=”11″ /> 9300-34800) plus Grade Pay <img src=”/wp-content/uploads/rupee.gif” alt=”Rupee” width=”8″ height=”11″ /> 4200 in pre-revised scale), from 20.11.2017 to 27.11.2017 in computer based mode all over the country.
2. SSC Vacancies / Reservation
- Total Vacancies : 1102.
- The number of vacancies is tentative and subject to variation.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Government Orders.
- The SSC posts have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm affected (OA) or One Leg affected (OL).
- The posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1 st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.