SSC Recruitment of Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Exam 2011 Application Form
The SSC Assam Rifles application 2011 must be submitted only in the prescribed format Online or on paper. Format of the SSC Rifleman paper application is at Annexure I and Instructions for filling up paper application and Online SSC Assam Rifles application are at Annexure II and III respectively.
13. Admission to the recruitment :
All candidates who apply in response to SSC Assam Rifles advertisement by the closing date and who are prima facie eligible will be assigned Roll numbers, which will be communicated to them at the time of calling them for PST / PET, within two weeks from the closing date unless their candidature is cancelled due to any reason like submission of multiple applications etc.
A candidate must write his Roll number along with his name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any communication to the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
Admission Certificates (ACs) for the respective stage of Examination i.e. PST / PET, Written Examination and Medical Examination indicating the time table and also venues of Examination to eligible and qualified candidates will be issued about two weeks before the date of such tests / examination. The facility of downloading of ACs from the Website of the concerned Regional Office will also be available simultaneously.
If any candidate does not receive admission certificate for any stage of the SSC Rifleman examination or is unable to download the AC from the website of the north eastern regional office of the commission at Guwahati atleast one week before the date of the stage of the examination, he must immediately contact the regional office of the commission with proof of having submitted his application. (In case of SSC Assam Rifles Applications submitted under Certificate of Posting, the Date-Stamp of the Post-Office concerned should be clearly legible).
In the case of Online SSC Rifles application, registration ID should be available with the candidate. Failure to do so will deprive him of any claim for consideration. Detailed Programme of PST / PET and Medical Examination will be available on the website of the concerned Regional Office, alongwith Roll Number block of candidates for each day, at least two weeks before PST / PET or Medical Examination. Similarly, details of centres / sub-centres will also be available on the Regional websites at least two weeks before the SSC Rifleman written examination. Candidates are advised to visit the concerned Regional Office’s website periodically for obtaining the information, though call letters will be sent by post.
The Tentative Schedule for Recruitment is :
PST / PET : March to April, 2011
Written Examination : 1st May, 2011( FN)
Medical Examination : June-July, 2011
Declaration of Result : 31st July, 2011
14. Commission’s Decision Final
The decision of the Commission in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the SSC Rifleman applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s) and interviews, allotment of examination centres , selection and allotment will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
15. Courts Jurisdiction
Any dispute in regard to this recruitment will be subject to courts / tribunals having jurisdiction over the City / Town in which the concerned Regional / Sub-Regional Office of the SSC is situated and where the candidate has submitted his application.
16. For SSC Rifleman Application form 2011, instructions for filling up the application form and for Online payment / submission of application, candidates are advised to refer to Annexure- I, Annexure-II and III respectively.
Important instructions to candidates
1. Commission will make recruitment to 880 posts of Rifleman (General Duty) Male in the Assam Rifles (AR). Matriculation or 10th class pass is the minimum educational qualification. The recruitment will comprise of Height Bar, Prescribed Race, Physical Standards Test (PST), Physical Endurance Test (PET), Written Examination and Medical Examination.
Constabulary forms the major component of the Assam Rifles. The working of the Assam Rifles mainly depends upon the effectiveness of the personnel at this level. Therefore, it is important that only the candidates having the right aptitude, capability and fitness in all respects apply for the posts.
2 In view of the anticipated large number of applicants, scrutiny of the eligibility and other aspects will not be undertaken before the PST / PET and Written Examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. Candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying.
Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the medical Examination. When scrutiny is undertaken after the SSC Assam Rifles Written Examination, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final.
3. Before applying, candidates in their own interest are advised to go through the detailed instructions contained in this notice carefully. This notice is also available on the website of the commission (http://ssc.nic.in) and on SSC (NER)’s website viz. www.sscner.org.in
A. All the candidates must submit the SSC Rifleman application to the North Eastern Regional Office of the Commission at Guwahati irrespective of the Centre for Written Examination chosen by them. SSC Rifleman Applications received in other Regional Offices will be summarily rejected.
B. Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications in respect of filling / submitting applications :
(i) SSC (NR) – 01164715222, 01165570666
(ii) SSC (CR) – 08765214571, 08765214572
(iii) SSC (SR) – 09445195946, 04428251139
(iv) SSC (WR) – 07738422704, 07738422705
(v) SSC (ER) – 09477461228, 09477461229
(vi) SSC (MPR) – 09407921504, 09407921505
(vii) SSC (KKR)- 09483862010, 09483862020
(viii) SSC (NWR)- 08699111498, 08699103985
(ix) SSC (NER)- 09864217001, 09435711335
4. Candidates seeking reservation benefits as SC / ST / OBC / Ex-Servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by Government of India in support of their claim at the time of application, though the copies of the certificates will be sought only after the SSC Rifleman Written Examination.
5. Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for SSC Assam Rifles examination.
6.Fee : Fifty Only ( 50.00) payable through CRF Stamp or SBI Challan or online payment through account with the State Bank of India. Fee is exempted for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
7. Closing Date : 04.03.2011. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad 11.03.2011.
SSC Rifleman Applications received late will not be entertained.
8. Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be rejected outright without any notice to such candidates.
9. Mobiles and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres.
10. Candidates desirous of submitting Online applications may do so. Such candidates should retain their registration number assigned to them Online for correspondence with the commission. They are not required to submit print outs of their application to the commission.