SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Recruitment 2012
Barrack No. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the SSC Inspector of Textiles post ( post code – 66 / IT ) in the Directorate of Textiles, Odisha, Bhubaneswar. SSC Orissa applications in prescribed format are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 12 SSC posts of Inspector of Textiles in the Directorate of Textiles, Odisha, Bhubaneswar carrying pay in the pay band – I of 9,300/ – 34,800/- with Grade pay of 4,200/-.
1. Online Application Form for SSC Orissa Inspector of Textiles :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the SSC posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online, are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Online application form. The SSC Inspector of Textiles Online application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the SSC post.
- Blank SSC Orissa Online application form specific for the particular Textile Inspector post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form, including the candidate’s recent passport size photograph which has to be uploaded, without leaving any item blank. The filled in SSC Orissa Online application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user id and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Online application form. This time the SSC Orissa Online application form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the SSC Orissa application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Staff Selection Commission, duly attaching therewith
- The original treasury challan in proof of payment of application fees,
- Photocopies of the certificates / documents in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, and documentary claim for being considered as reserved category / special category. The Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requisite certificates / documents, and with the signature of the candidate at the indicated space on the form has to be submitted to the Staff Selection Commission by registered post, or in person at the appropriate drop box in the Staff Selection Commission’s office.
- SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Online applications received incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user id and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Online applications :
- The last date for online submission of SSC Textile Inspector Online application in response to SSC advertisement is 5 PM of date 21.08.2012. The system will be disabled from 5 PM of the said date after which the SSC Orissa Online application form for particular Inspector of Textile post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) ( refer to para 1.c. above ) in the Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of date 28.08.2012.
3. Number of SSC Orissa Textile Inspector posts to be filled up and Reservations :
- As per information filed by the concerned department, the category-wise break-up of the total no. of SSC posts to be filled up by SSC Orissa Textile Inspector recruitment is as follows :
Category No. of SSC Orissa Posts
Approved to be Filled Up
No of Posts Reserved for Female Candidates
Total 12 3 SC 1 - ST 5 1 SEBC 4 1 UR 2 1
- There is no reservation for any special category, namely PWD, Sports person and Ex-Servicemen.
- The number of vacant SSC posts to be filled up on the basis of SSC Orissa Textile Inspector recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the State Government.
4. Eligibility for SSC Orissa Inspector of Textiles :
- Age Limit for SSC Textile Inspector Jobs : The minimum age for the SSC Textile Inspector post is 20 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01-01-2012. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women candidates, by 10 years in case of persons with disability and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not later than 1st January 1992.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / council will only be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission.
5. SSC Textile Inspector Educational Qualification :
The candidates must have passed Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline and must have passed HSC or equivalent examination with O’Dea as one of the subjects or must have passed examination in odia equivalent to M.E. standard.
6. Online Application Fee for SSC Orissa Textile Inspector :
Candidates other than those belonging to SC / ST have to pay SSC Online application fee of 100/- only through treasury challan under the head of account “0051-PSC -104 -UPSC / SSC examination fees-0047-fees collected for conducting examination-02041-examination fees”. The treasury challan no. and date are to be filled in the SSC online application, and the original treasury challan has to be submitted with the detailed application form.
7. Certificates / Documents to be Submitted along with the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) :
- Original treasury challan in support of deposit of l00/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards examination fee ( except SC / ST candidate ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category shall enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates of SEBC category should enclose self attested photocopy of valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC or equivalent certificate & mark sheet in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 / Intermediate certificate & mark sheet.
- Self attested photocopy of degree certificate and mark sheet.
- Self attested copy of identity card issued by competent authority in case of persons with disability.
- A Self attested copy of identity card and the documents indicating the period of service rendered in armed forces in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard issued by competent authority.
- One unsigned recent colour photograph ( 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size ) to be pasted in the space provided in the SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Online application form. Besides, another photograph of the same size duly attested by a Gazetted officer should be enclosed.
- An envelope of size 23 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp worth 51 duly affixed thereon; the candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on this envelope with pincode for despatch of SSC Orissa Textile Inspector admit card.
8. Place and Date of SSC Orissa Textile Inspector Written Examination :
The date / time / venue of the written examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates by issue of admission letters in due course.
9. Plan of SSC Orissa Inspector of Textiles Examination :
- The examination will comprise of two papers & all questions will be of multiple choice objective type.
- Language paper : 100 marks. ( The language paper will consist ( 1 & 1/2 hrs duration ) of two sections; one section comprising of 50 questions on odia language and the other section comprising 50 questions on English language, of matriculation standard )
- General Studies : 100 marks. ( G.S paper will be a paper will comprise ( 1 & 1/2 hrs duration ) of 100 questions .The questions will be of objective type with multiple choice of answers, and will cover history and geography of India with special reference to Odisha, Indian polity, socio-economic / scenario, general science, reasoning and logic. The paper will also have a few questions to test elementary knowledge of accounting. Micro enterprise promotion, self Help Group, Co-operative movement, Tussar and handloom weavers in Odisha and computer literacy. )
- Career assessment : 10 marks.
- Viva-Voce Test : 20 marks.
Total : 230 marks
10. Admit Card / Call Letter for SSC Orissa Inspector of Textile 2012 :
SSC Textile Inspector admit cards / call letters will be uploaded to the Staff Selection Commission’s website fourteen days ahead of the date of the examination / Viva-voce test, as the case may be carrying the photograph and signature of the candidate and signature of the secretary of the Staff Selection Commission. This will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination / viva voce test. Each candidate can download his / her admit card / call letter fourteen days before the date of the examination / viva voce test by going to the website of the Staff Selection Commission, and clicking at sub menu ‘download admit card’ for Inspector of Textiles. The date(s) of the examination / viva voce test will be advertised in newspapers for information of the candidates.
11. Viva-voce test :
The Viva-voce or personal interview will carry 20 marks. Candidates of different categories numbering maximum three times the number of vacant posts in the respective categories on the basis of performance in the main examination, subject to securing a minimum uniform cut off mark as may be fixed by the Staff Selection Commission will be called for viva-voce test. Career assessment will be done among the candidates just prior to the viva-voce test.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the viva-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para 7 above, failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
12. Select List 2012 for SSC Orissa Textile Inspector :
The select list shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in the main written examination, career assessment and viva-voce test taken together.
13. SSC Orissa Inspector of Textiles Results 2012 :
The results will be published in due course in the Staff Selection Commission’s website. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular SSC examination.