Odisha SSC Recruitment 2015 for Inspector of Supplies
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
The Preliminary examination for the post of Inspector of Supplies, Gram Panchayat Extension Officer & Progress Assistant ( Advertisement No. 4025/OSSC dt. 27.08.2015 ) will be held on 13.12.2015 ( Sunday ). Candidates are directed to be in touch with the website of the commission www.ossc.gov.in for further information regarding defective list of applications, date of compliance of the defective applications, downloading admit card for the examination etc. No admit card will be sent through post.
The last date of submission of online application form for the post of Inspector of Supplies, Gram Panchayat Extension Officer & Progress Assistant 2015 is extended till 03.10.2015 ( up to 11:59 P.M. )
Selection of candidates for combined recruitment to the post of Inspector of Supplies ( post code – 35/SUI ) under Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department, Gram Panchayat Extension Officer ( Post Code – 19/GPEO ) & Progress Assistant ( Post code – 18/PA ) under Panchayat Raj Department on contractual basis.
- Online application form will be available from 29.08.2015 till 03.10.2015 by 11:59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the written examinations shall should their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- The candidates having Bachelor Degree in any Discipline from recognised university are eligible for the post.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
- Candidates have to give their option for the posts in order of preference.
SSC Orissa recruitment online applications 2015 are invited for selection of candidates for combined recruitment to 45 numbers of posts for Inspector of Supplies under Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department, 59 posts for Gram Panchayat Extension Officer & 92 posts for Progress Assistant under Panchayat Raj Department on consolidated remuneration of 9,300/- + Grade Pay of 4,200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
1. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2015
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC examination roll number, name of the board & year of passing and whether annual or supplementary. The applicant should furnish the correct information including the roll number as mentioned in the HSC / Matriculation certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form including option for the posts in order of preference. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in HSC, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photograph are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take two print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidates for viva voce test the candidate has to submit the same in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the certificates.
- The applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC rules or other matters.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the User ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of SSC Orissa Application 2015 :
- The last date of online submission of the Orissa SSC recruitment application 2015 in response to this advertisement is 11:59 P.M. of 03.10.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11:59 PM of the said date, after which the application form for SSC this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. Vacancy in Orissa SSC Recruitment 2015 :
a. Number of Posts to be filled up and Reservations : As per requisition received from Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department and Panchayat Raj Department the category wise break up of the total no of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Total||31 ( W - 10 )||35 ( W - 12 )||05 ( W - 02 )||125 ( W - 41 )||196 ( W - 65 )|
|Sl.No.||Name of the Posts||Number of Vacancy|
|SC ( Out of Which Women )||ST ( Out of Which Women )||SEBC ( Out of Which Women )||UR ( Out of Which Women )||Total ( Out of Which Women )|
|01||Inspector of Supplies||07 ( W - 02 )||10 ( W - 03 )||05 ( W - 02 )||23 ( W - 08 )||45 ( W - 15 )|
|02||Gram Panchayat Extension Officer||11 ( W - 04 )||08 ( W - 03 )||Nil||40 ( W - 13 )||59 ( W - 20 )|
|03||Progress Assistant||13 ( W - 04 )||17 ( W - 06 )||Nil||62 ( W - 20 )||92 ( W - 30 )|
SC – Schedule Caste, ST – Schedule Tribe, SEBC – Socially Educationally Backward Classes, UR – Un-Reserved.
Vacancy for Special category candidates under Inspector of Supplies are as follows :
PWD – 01, Ex Serviceman – 01, Sports Person – 01.
PWD candidates of following functional classification are eligible for the post of Inspector of Supplies.
OA ( One arm affected ), OL ( One leg affected ), HI ( Hearing impaired ) with suitable aid, LV ( Low vision ), BL ( Both leg affected ) ( Mobility and be restricted ).
Vacancy for Special category candidates under Gram Panchayat Extension Officer are as follows :
PWD – 02 ( Male ), Ex Serviceman – 01, Sports Person – 01.
PWD candidates of following functional classification are eligible for the post of Gram Panchayat Extension Officer.
Blind ( Low vision ) – 01, Hearing Impaired – 01.
Vacancy for Special category candidates under Progress Assistant are as follows :
PWD – 03 ( Male – 2, Female – 1 ), Ex Serviceman – 02, Sports Person – 01.
PWD candidates of following functional classification are eligible for the post of Progress Assistant.
Blind ( Low vision ) – 01, Hearing Impaired – 02.
b. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300 + G.P. 4200/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014, The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service condition shall be regulated as per relevant recruitment rules.
5. Eligibility for OSSC Recruitment 2015 :
- Age Limit for OSSC Recruitment 2015 : The minimum age for the OSSC post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC & Women candidates. 10 years for PWD candidates & total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex servicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidate not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not latter than 1st January, 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. Once an ex-serviceman has joined the Govt. job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. cases.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for inservice contractual employees engaged by the Govt. or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt. offices or the State Govt. of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent certificate issued by the recognised board / council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
6. Educational Qualification for OSSC Recruitment Posts 2015 :
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized University.
- Desirable qualification – Computer Knowledge.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. General Eligibility of the Candidate :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle school examination with Odia as a language subject; or
- Passed matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or passed a test in odia in middle english school standard conducted by the school & mass education department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Recruitment Application Fee 2015 :
All UR & SEBC candidates other than SC / ST / PWD have to pay an examination fee of 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ). The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the treasury portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through treasury challan showing payment in the government treasury.
1. In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
She / He will click on the option of e-payment and choose the option other deposit.
The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
She / he will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a challan reference ID will be generated.
2. For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through debit card. On successful payment, an e-challan will be generated from the treasury portal.
3. For over the bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated bank provided in the treasury portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of bank branches for making offline payment is available at the treasury portal ).
On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the bank.
The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-examination fees.”
The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
4. The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-examinations fees”. In this case the candidate has to mentioned the treasury challan no. and date in the online application.
Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through offline mode is liable for rejection of the application.
An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9. Plan of OSSC Examination 2015 :
The plan of Odisha SSC examination was decided as follow :
- Preliminary written exam ( Qualifying in nature ) – 100 marks.
- Main written exam – 300 marks
- Viva voce test – 30 marks
A. OSSC Preliminary Examination 2015 : The preliminary examination will be in a single sitting on the subject “General Studies” with multiple choice objective type questions for 100 marks covering the fields of General Science, current events, History & Geography of India & Odisha, literature & culture, socio-economic development, indian polity, quantitative aptitude, logical ability & reasoning, computer application, comprehension in english and odia language. Preliminary examination is qualifying in nature only. Candidates about twelve times of total vacancies in each category will be selected for the main written examination. The duration of the examination will be 1 & 1/2 hours.
B. OSSC Main Written Examination 2015 : The subjects, marks and duration of main written examination shall be as follows.
- General English & Odia Language – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours ( OMR system ).
- General Studies – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours ( OMR system ).
- Mathematics & Computer proficiencies – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours ( OMR system ).
The brief syllabus for the examination are as follows.
General English & Odia Language : The questions of General English & Odia Language will be of HSC standard and will comprise of comprehension of given passage, vocabulary & usage & grammer.
General Studies : The General Studies paper will comprise of questions on Indian History & History of Odisha, Geography of the world and of India, Indian Polity, Environmental studies, Human rights, socio economic development, art and culture, general science. The questions will be of graduation standard.
Mathematics & Computer Application : Mathematics – Arithmetic ( Fractions, Decimals, Percentage, Average, simple and compound interest, rates and taxes, profit and loss, mixture, time and work and time and distance, ratio & proportion ), statistics, probability, trigonometry, mensuration, algebra, logical ability, reasoning etc of the high school standard.
Computer Application : The question will cover computer fundamentals, M.S ( Windows ), M.S ( Word ), M.S ( Excel ), M.S ( Access ), M.S ( Power point ), Information Technology & Internet etc.
10. Option : Candidates applying for more than one post may fill up his / her option for posts at the appropriate column in the online application form in order of preference. But he / she has to finally confirm the option for the posts at the time of certificate verification on the date of appearing the viva-voce test.
Th option so exercised shall be final. However, while allotting the selected candidates to different posts, the candidates eligibility for the said post, his / her position in the combined merit list and category wise availability of vacancies will be taken into consideration. Each selected candidate will be allotted to only one post. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final as per the existing rule of the Commission.
11. Viva-Voce Test : The viva voce mark may be of 30 marks. Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates numbering up to 3 times the number of vacancies in the respective categories may be called for viva-voce test.
12. OSSC Recruitment Admission Letter 2015 :
The Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission Letter of the admitted candidates on its website, www.ossc.gov.in. The candidates have to visit the website of the Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Commission’s website. The candidates are advised to download their respective admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
No admission letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the via voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para 1 ( C ), failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
13. Select List :
The final select list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the main written examination and viva voce test taken together category wise.