SSC Orissa Supplies Inspector Recruitment 2012
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Inspector of Supplies in the Department of Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare, Govt. of Odisha. ( Post Code-35/SUI )
SSC Orissa recruitment applications 2012 are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 156 posts of Inspector of Supplies under Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare Department, Government of Odisha in the Pay band – II of 9,300/- 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4,200/-.
1. Application for Orissa SSC 2012 may be submitted either (i) by post / in person in the OMR Application Form ( offline ), or (ii) in the online mode.
- For applying in the SSC offline mode, the application form for Supplies Inspector ( which is an OMR Form along with a window envelope and an acknowledgement card kept inside a covering envelope ) may be collected at any district headquarters in the office of the Additional District Magistrate, at the Office of the ADM, Bhubaneswar / Rourkela and at Sub-Collector’s Office Berhampur / Jeypore. The intending applicant has to deposit the original Treasury challan showing payment of 30/- ( Rupees thirty only ) under the Head of Account at indicated at para-5 at any of the said offices to obtain an application Form for Inspector of Supplies. The requisite certificates / documents have to be tagged on to the Form while submitting the same.
- In the alternative, application may be submitted ‘online’ by using the Staff Selection Commission’s website http://www.odishassc.in for which the steps are outlined below.
- By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the above website, the SSC posts advertised for Orissa SSC online application 2012 and detailed Instructions are displayed on the computer screen. The Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the SSC Online Application Form.
- The SSC Orissa 2012 Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post.
- Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form, including uploading the candidate’s recent passport size photograph, No item shall be left blank.
- The filled in Orissa Staff Selection Commission 2012 Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the SSC 2012 application.
- The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Orissa SSC Application Form. This time the Orissa SSC 2012 Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the SSC 2012 application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Staff Selection Commission, duly attaching therewith (i) the original Treasury Challan in proof of payment of SSC application fees, ii) photocopies of the certificates / documents in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, documentary claim for being considered as reserved category/ special category.
- The Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requisite certificates / documents, and with the Ink-signed signature of the candidate at the indicated space on the Form has to be submitted to the Staff Selection Commission by registered post, or in person at the appropriate drop box in the SSC Commission’s office.
Online Application for SSC Inspector of Supplies Recruitment 2012 :
2. Last date for receipt of SSC Orissa 2012 application :
- The last date of online submission of the Orissa SSC recruitment application 2012 is 23.08.2012. The system will be disabled from 5.00 PM of the said date, after which the application form for SSC this particular post will no more be generated at the candidate’s end. The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) is 5.00 PM. of 30.08.2012.
- The last date of receipt of offline application ( OMR Form ) by the Staff Selection Commission , which is submitted by post / in person is 5PM of 30.08.2012.
- Orissa SSC applications 2012 received incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
3. Vacancy in Orissa SSC 2012 :
- As per requisition filed by Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare Department vide their letters bearing no 4778/260-2011 dt. 15.03.2012, 8960 dt. 25.05.2012 and 10934 dt 07.07.2012 the break up of vacant posts into different reservation categories for the purpose of SSC Inspector of Supplies recruitment is as follows.
Category No. of posts vacancies reserved for women Total 156 52 SC 26 9 ST 44 14 SEBC 48 16 UR 38 13
- Reservation for special categories :
- 5 posts will be reserved for Ex-servicemen.
- 5 posts will be reserved for persons with disability, out of which 2 posts will be reserved for women. Category of disabled suitable for the job Inspector of Supplies are OA (one arm affected), OL ( one leg affected ), PD ( Partially deaf ) with suitable aid, LV ( Low vision ), BL ( MNR ) ( Both legs affected but not arms, mobility not be restricted ).
- 2 posts will be reserved for sportsperson, out of which one will be reserved for women.
- The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of Inspector of Supplies recruitment and the break up of the number into different categories, are liable to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the State Government.
4. Eligibility for Inspector of Supplies 2012 :
- Age : The minimum age for the Inspector of Supplies post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years of age as on 01.01.2012. The Inspector of Supplies upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women categories, by 10 years for candidates being Persons with disabilities, and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex servicemen. However only one type of age relaxation for SSC is permissible as per Rules. To be eligible a candidate not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit for Inspector of Supplies must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not latter than 1st January, 1991 Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / council only will be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission.
- Educational Qualification for Supplies Inspector :
- Bachelor’s degree or graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
- The candidate must have passed a language test in Odia equivalent to the Middle School Standard, or passed HSC or equivalent examination with Odia as one of the subjects.
5. Inspector of Supplies Application Fee :
Candidates other than SC / ST are required to deposit 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only through Treasury Challan under Head of Account “0051-P.S.C.-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examination fees”. The treasury challan No. and date are to be filled in the online application for SSC Orissa SSC 2012 and the original treasury challan has to be submitted with the detailed application form.The candidates applying offline are required to submit the original treasury challan alongwith duly filled in OMR application form..
6. Certificates / documents to be submitted alongwith the OMR application form / Detailed application form ( DAF ) :
- Original Treasury challan in support of deposit of 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards Examination Fee ( except SC / ST ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category should enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates of SEBC category should enclose self attested photocopy of valid caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC or equivalent certificate & mark sheet in support of declaration of age, issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 / Intermediate certificate & marksheet.
- Self attested photocopy of Degree certificate & mark sheet.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in odia of M.E. standard issued by competent authority.
- A Self attested copy of identity card and the documents indicating the period of service rendered in armed forces in case of Ex-service men.
- Self attested copy of identity card issued by Competent authority in case of persons with disability.
- Self attested copy of Identity card issued by Director Sports & Youth Service in case of sportsperson.
- One unsigned recent colour photograph ( 3.5 X 4.5 Cm size ) to be pasted in the space provided in the application form. Besides, another photograph of the same size duly attested by a Gazetted officer should be enclosed.
- Postage stamp worth 6/- to be affixed on the A.D. Card and 5/-on the envelope supplied with the OMR application form. The candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on A.D.Card with PIN code.
- An envelope of size 23cm x 12cm with postage stamp worth 5/- duly affixed thereon; the candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on this envelope with PIN code for despatch of Admit Card.
7. Place and Date of Written Examination for Supplies Inspector :
The date / time / venue of examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates by issue of admission letter in due course.
8. Supplies Inspector Plan of Examination :
The selection process would consist of the following stages.
- Preliminary written exam ( Qualifying in nature ) – 100 marks.
- Main written exam – 200 marks
- Viva voce test – 30 marks
- Career assessment – 20 marks
- Preliminary Examination : There may be a preliminary examination in a single sitting of 2 hours duration on the subject “General Awareness” with multiple choice objective type questions covering the fields of General Science, current events, History & Geography of India with special reference to Odisha, art, literature & culture, political & economic scenario of the country, basic features of Indian Constitution. The Preliminary examination for Inspector of Supplies may be dispensed with if the number of candidates is less than five thousand. The answer papers will be in OMR form. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. Candidates numbering upto 20 times the vacant posts in respective categories subject to securing at least the cut -off mark as may be fixed by the Staff Selection Commission may be called to appear in the main examination. Preliminary examination is qualifying in nature only.
- Main Written Examination : The subjects, marks and duration of main written examination shall be as follows.
- Paper – I – General English – 50 marks – 1 hour
- Paper – II – Odia Language – 50 marks – 1 hour
- Paper – III – General Studies – 100 marks – 2 hours
The questions in General English & Odia Language paper will be of HSC standard and will comprise of comprehension of given passage, precis writing, letter / application / report writing ,essay writing , translation from English to Odia / Odia to English, vocabulary, usage & grammar.
The General Studies paper will comprise of questions on Indian History, Geography of the world and of India with special reference to Geography of Odisha, Indian Polity and current economic scenario, environmental conservation, Human rights issues, art, literature and culture, General Science, Arithmetic and numerical ability, quantitative aptitude, logic and reasoning. This paper will be entirely of objective type questions. The answer papers will be in OMR form.The questions will be of Graduation standard. The candidates numbering upto three times the number of vacancies in each category in order of their ranks in the combined and categorywise merit lists will be called to appear at the viva-voce test, subject to scoring marks above the cut off percentage as may be fixed by the Staff Selection Commission.
- Viva-Voce Test – 30 Marks : The viva voce will test the candidate’s attitude to Govt. service with reference to the post for which he / she is an aspirant , general aptitude, problem solving faculties, sharpness and alertness, general awareness of the current political, economic, social, environmental, human rights and cultural issues.Note : T.A. will be payable to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce test. Just prior to taking the test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
- Career Assessment – 20 MarksFor Matriculation or equivalent examination 6 marks, +2 examination 6 marks, Graduation examination 8 marks. Full marks for 1st division, 60% marks for 2nd division, 30% marks for 3rd division will be awarded.
10. Admission certificate :
The Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission Certificates for the convenience of the admitted candidates ( or, the reasons / grounds for rejection of application for SSC Orissa 2012 in respect of rejected applications ) on its website, www.odishassc. in. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission certificates and take print outs thereof about two weeks in advance of the SSC examination. The admitted candidate will have to produce the print out of their Admission certificate at the allotted venue for appearing in the Orissa SSC examination.
In case the photograph is not visible or available on the admission certificate downloaded form the Staff Selection Commission’s website, candidates are advised to carry identical photographs @ one for each sitting / session of the examination along with proof of identity such as Voter Identity card or Passport or Driving License along with printout of the admission certificate at the venue of the SSC examination. No paper admission certificate will be issued for SSC Inspector of Supplies examination. The admission certificate will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination. The admission certificate will bear the photo & signature of the candidate and signature of the secretary of the Staff Selection Commission.
11. Select List :
The select list shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in the SSC Inspector of Supplies main written examination, viva voce test & career assessment taken together.
12. Result of Inspector of Supplies Orissa 2012 :
The results will be published in due course in the Orissa Staff Selection Commission’s website. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed inside the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned item to the examination centre / venue, as arrangement for safe keeping cannot be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.