SSC Orissa Senior Laboratory Assistant Recruitment 2012
Barrack No. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the SSC post of Senior Laboratory Assistant ( post code- 60/SLA ) in the Directorate of Mines, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012 applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 9 posts of Senior Laboratory Assistant under Directorate of Mines, Odisha, Bhubaneswar in the Pay band – II of 9,300/- 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4,200/-.
1. Online Application for SSC Orissa Senior Laboratory Assistant Jobs :
- Candidates have to apply Orissa SSC online using the website of the Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the above website, the SSC posts advertised for online application for SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012 and detailed instructions are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the SSC Online Application Form. The Application Form for SSC 2012 can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post.
- ( Blank Application Form specific for the particular SSC post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form, including uploading the candidate’s recent passport size photograph, No item shall be left blank. The filled in SSC 2012 Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the SSC application 2012. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in SSC Orissa application form. This time the Application form for Senior Laboratory Assistant is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the SSC Orissa application.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the SSC application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Staff Selection Commission, duly attaching therewith
- The original Treasury Challan in proof of payment of SSC Orissa application fees.
- photocopies of the certificates / documents in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, and documentary claim for being considered as reserved category / special category. The Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requisite certificates / documents, and with the signature of the candidate at the indicated space on the Form has to be submitted to the Staff Selection Commission by registered post, or in person at the appropriate drop box in the SSC Commission’s office.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her SSC application 2012 at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last date for receipt of SSC Orissa applications 2012
- The last date for online submission of application for Orissa SSC Recruitment is 21.08.2012. The system will be disabled from 5 PM of the said date after which the Staff Selection Commission 2012 application form for this particular post will not be generated at the candidate’s end. The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) in the SSC Commission’s office is 5 PM of dt.28.08.2012.
- Applications for SSC 2012 received incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
3. Vacancy in SSC Orissa 2012
- As per requisition filed by the Directorate of Mines, the category-wise position of vacant posts is given below :
Category No. of posts Vacancies reserved for women Total 9 1 ST 2 - SC 2 - SEBC 2 1 UR 3 -
- Reservation for Special category One post will be reserved for Ex-serviceman. Selection of this candidate would be set off against one of the above respective categories to which the candidate belongs. There is no reservation for person with disabilities and Sports persons.
- The number of vacant SSC posts to be filled up on the basis of SSC Orissa recruitment 2012 is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the State Government.
4. Eligibility for Senior Laboratory Assistant in SSC 2012 :
- Age :The minimum age for the Senior Laboratory Assistant post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years of age as on 01-01-2012. The upper age limit for SSC Senior Laboratory Assistant is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women categories, by 10 years for candidates being persons with disability and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen. However, only one type of age relaxation for SSC is permissible as per Rules. To be eligible, a candidate not enjoying any relaxation of SSC upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not later than 1st January 1991.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / council will only be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission.
- Educational Qualification for Senior Laboratory Assistant : The candidates must have passed Bachelor of Science with Chemistry honours and must have passed a language test in Odia equivalent to the middle school standard, or passed HSC or equivalent examination with Odia as one of the subjects.
5. Senior Laboratory Assistant Application Fee :
Candidates other than SC / ST are required to deposit 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only through treasury challan under the head of account” 0051 -PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-examination fees-0047-fees collected for conducting examination-02041-examination fees”. The treasury challan No. and date are to be filled in the SSC Orissa 2012 online application, and the original treasury challan has to be submitted with the detailed Orissa SSC Senior Laboratory Assistant application form.
6. Certificates / documents to be submitted along with the detailed Orissa SSC application form ( DAF ) :
- Original Treasury challan in support of deposit of 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards Examination Fee ( except SC / ST candidate ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category shall enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates of SEBC category should enclose self attested photocopy of valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC or equivalent certificate & mark sheet in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 / Intermediate certificate & mark sheet.
- Self attested photocopy of Degree certificate and mark sheet.
- Self attested copy of Identity card issued by competent authority in case of persons with disability.
- A Self attested copy of Identity card and the documents indicating the period of service rendered in armed forces in case of Ex-servicemen.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard issued by competent authority.
- One unsigned recent colour photograph ( 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm size ) to be pasted in the space provided in the SSC Orissa 2012 application form. Besides, another photograph of the same size duly attested by a Gazetted officer should be enclosed.
- An envelope of size 23cm X 12cm with postage stamp worth 5/- duly affixed thereon ; the candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on this envelope with Pin code for despatch of Admit card.
7. Place and Date of Written Examination for SSC Orissa 2012 :
The date / time / venue of the written examination for Senior Laboratory Assistant will be intimated to the eligible candidates by issue of admission letters in due course.
8. Plan of Examination for Senior Laboratory Assistant :
There will be a written examination for Senior Laboratory Assistant which will comprise of one composite paper covering questions from 3 different streams arranged into sections A,B,C. Each section will carry 50 questions, and all questions have to be answered. All questions will be objective type with multiple choice of answers. Questions have to be answered on OMR answer sheet to be provided along with the question paper, by blackening the correct circle with black ball point pen. The section A will comprise of questions on history and geography of India, Indian polity and current socio economic scenario, general science, environment issues, human rights issues, art and culture, current affairs, arithmetic of matriculation standard, basic computer application skill, numerical skill, and quantitative aptitude.
The section B will comprise of question to test the English and Odia language skill including comprehension of words, phrases and idioms, vocabulary, grammar and usage. The section C will comprise of questions on Chemistry of B.Sc ( Hons. ) standard. The time allowed will be two hours. The total marks will be 150 @ one mark for each question.
9. Admit Card for SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012
The Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission Certificates for the convenience of the admitted candidates ( or, the reasons / grounds for rejection of Orissa SSC application in respect of rejected applications ) on its website, www.odishassc.in. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission certificates and take print outs thereof about two weeks in advance of the SSC examination. The admitted candidate will have to produce the print out of their Orissa SSC admission certificate at the allotted venue for appearing in the SSC Orissa examination.
In case the photograph is not visible or available on the admission certificate downloaded from the Staff Selection Commission’s website, candidates are advised to carry identical photographs i.e one for each sitting / session of the SSC examination along with proof of identity such as identity card or voter Identity card or pass port or Driving license along with printout of the admission certificate at the venue of the examination. No paper admission certificate will carry intimation about the date time and venue of the SSC examination. The admission certificate will bear the photo & signature of the candidate and signature of the Secretary of the Staff Selection Commission.
10. Viva-voce test – 20 marks :
The number of candidates up to maximum three times the number of SSC posts in each category will be called to appear at the viva-voce test, subject to securing the minimum uniform cut off mark as may be fixed by the Staff Selectopn Commission. The viva-voce test will test the candidate’s attitude to Govt. service with reference to the post for which he / she is a candidate, general aptitude, problem solving faculties, sharpness and alertness, general awareness of the current political, economic, social , environmental, human rights and cultural issues.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing at the viva-voce test. At the time of the test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
11. Career Assessment – 10 marks
Career assessment will be done for the candidates called to appear at the viva voce test.
11.1 Orissa SSC Select list 2012
The select list shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in the main written examination, career assessment and viva-voce test taken together.
12. Results for SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012 :
The Orissa SSC 2012 results will be published in due course in the Staff Selection Commission’s website. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the SSC examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular SSC examination.