SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Recruitment 2012
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection for SSC Orissa 2012 recruitment to the post of Primary Investigator ( Post Code – 25 / PI ) in the Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Odisha, Bhubaneswar applications in the prescribed format are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 10 posts of Primary Investigator ( on contractual basis ) under Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Odisha, Bhubaneswar carrying consolidated pay of 5,200/-.
1. SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Online Application Form Details 2012
- Candidates have to apply Online SSC Odisha recruitment using the website of the Satff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘Online application’ in the home page of the website, the SSC Primary Investigator posts advertised for Online application and detailed instructions for submitting an application online, are displayed on the computer screen. The instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Orissa Staff Selection Commission Online application form. The SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Online application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the SSC Primary Investigator post.
- Blank SSC Primary Investigator Online application form specific for the particular Primary Investigator post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form, including the candidate’s recent passport size photograph which has to be uploaded, without leaving any item blank. The filled in Odisha SSC Online application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the Orissa SSC Primary Investigator Online application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Orissa SSC Online application form. This time the Odisha SSC Primary Investigator Online application form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Staff Selection Commission, duly attaching therewith
- The original treasury challan in proof of payment of SSC 2012 application fees,
- Photocopies of the certificates / documents in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, documentary claim for being considered as reserved category / special category. The Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requisite certificates / documents, and with the signature of the candidate at the indicated space on the form has to be submitted to the Staff Selection Commission by registered post, or in person at the appropriate drop box in the Staff Selection Commission’s office.
- Orissa SSC Primary Investigator Online applications received incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user id and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of SSC Orissa Recruitment Online application 2012
- The last date of Online submission of the Orissa SSC Primary Investigator application is 17.8.2012. The system will be disabled from 5.00 PM of the said date, after which the Orissa SSC Primary Investigator Online application form for this particular post will no more be generated at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) is 5.00 PM. of 24.8.2012.
3. Number of SSC Primary Investigator posts to be filled up and Reservations :
- As per information filed by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, the category-wise break-up of the total posts to be filled up by SSC Orissa 2012 recruitment is as follows :
Category No. of Posts to be Filled Up by Direct Recruitment No. of Posts Reserved for Women Candidates Total 10 1 SC 2 - ST 1 - SEBC 4 1 UR 3 -
- Reservation for special category : 1 post will be reserved for Ex-Servicemen; and 1 post will be reserved for persons with disability ( PWD ), [ Category of disabled suitable for the job are OA ( one arm affected ), OL ( one leg affected ), PD ( Partially deaf with suitable aid ), LV ( Low vision ), BL ( MNR ) ( Both legs affected but not arms, mobility not be restricted ) ].
- The number of vacant SSC Primary Investigator posts to be filled up on the basis of SSC Orissa Primary Investigator recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the State Government.
4. Eligibility for SSC Orissa Primary Investigator 2012
- SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Age : The minimum age for the SSC Primary Investigator post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years of age as on 01.01.2012. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women, by 10 years for persons with disabilities and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen. However only one type of age relaxation is permissible as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not latter than 1st January, 1991. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission.
- Educational Qualification for SSC Orissa Primary Investator : The candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree in Arts / Science having Mathematics / Statistic / Computer Application / Physics / Economics / Applied Economics / Agricultural Economics / Sociology / or a Degree in Commerce; and must have passed HSC or equivalent examination with Odia as one of the subjects or must have passed examination in Odia equivalent to M.E. standard.
5. SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Online Application Fee :
Candidates other than those belonging to SC / ST have to pay SSC Orissa Online application fee of 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only through treasury challan under the Head of Account “0051-P.S.C.-104-UPSC / SSC examination fees-0047-fees collected for conducting examination-02041-examination fees”. The treasury challan no. and date are to be filled in the online application and the original treasury challan has to be submitted with the Detailed Application Form alongwith duly filled in OMR application form.
6. Certificates / documents to be submitted along with Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) :
- Original treasury challan in support of deposit of 100/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards SSC Orissa Primary Investigator examination fee ( except SC / ST candidates ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category shall enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category shall enclose self attested photocopy of appropriate & valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC certificate & mark sheet or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 / Intermediate certificate & mark sheet.
- Self attested photocopy of degree certificate & mark sheet.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu there of a certificate of passing odia in M.E. standard issued by competent authority.
- A self attested copy of identity card and the documents indicating the period of service rendered in armed forces in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Self attested copy of identity card issued by competent authority in case of persons with disability.
- One unsigned recent colour photograph ( 3.5 X 4.5 cm size ) to be pasted in the space provided in the SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Online application form. Besides, another photograph of the same size duly attested by a Gazetted officer should be enclosed.
- An envelope of size 23 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp worth 5/- duly affixed thereon to be attached to the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ). The candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on this envelope with pincode for dispatch of admit card.
7. Place and Date of SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Written Examination :
The date / time / venue of examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates by issue of admission letter in due course.
8. SSC Orissa Primary Investigator Plan of Examination :
The subjects, marks and duration of main written examination shall be as follows.
- SSC Orissa Primary Investigator written test of 2 hours duration on general studies – 150 marks.
- Assessment of academic career up to degree level – 30 marks.
- Viva – Voce test – 20 marks.
Total – 200 marks.
- The SSC Orissa Primary Investigator written test will be in OMR response sheet. The question will be of objective type and will test the candidate’s general knowledge on subjects like General Science, current events, History and Geography of India / Odisha, Indian Polity & constitution, Socio-economic scenario of India, Issues in Environment and Human rights. Questions will also test the candidate’s knowledge in Arithmetic of HSC standard, quantitative aptitude and numerical skill, problems in logic and reasoning, English and Odia language skill, grammar and usage.
9. Admit Card for SSC Orissa Primary Investigator 2012 :
SCS Orissa Primary Investigator admit cards will be issued to each candidate by post about three weeks before the date of the examination; carrying the photograph and signature of the candidate and signature of the secretary of the Staff Selection Commission. This will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination. Each candidate can download his / her admit card fourteen days before the date of the SSC Orissa examination by going to the website of the Staff Selection Commission, and clicking at sub-menu ‘download admit card for Primary Investigator’.
10. SSC Viva – Voce Test & Career Assessment :
The assessments of academic career up to degree level will carry 30 marks. The viva voce or personal interview will carry 20 marks. Basing on the performance in the written test a short list of candidates, upto a maximum of three times the number of vacancies in each category, subject to securing a minimum uniform cut off mark as may be fixed by the Staff Selection Commission will be prepared for career assessment and viva-voce test. Viva-Voce will test the candidate’s mental faculties, alertness, sense of values, proficiency in own subject of study and suitability for the job applied for and general awareness.
Note : T.A. will be payable to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. At the time of the test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
11. SSC Primary Investigator 2012 Select List :
The select list shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in the written examination, viva voce test & career assessment taken together.
12. SSC Primary Investigator Results 2012 :
The results will be published in due course in the Staff Selection Commission’s website. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular SSC examination.