SSC Orissa Recruitment 2016 for Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Advertisement for the post of Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector
( Post Code – 22/JMVI )
Website : www.ossc.gov.in
|OSSC Junior MVI Online application form will be available from 06.01.2016 till 05.02.2016 by 11:59 P.M.
Last Date of Receipt of OSSC Junior MVI DAF is 15.02.2016
As per requisition of the Transport Commissioner vide L.N. 18476/TC dated 30.12.2015 applications are invited for 12 posts of Junior M.V.I. ( Post Code-22/JMVI ) initially on contractual basis as per G.A. Dept. Notification No. 1147/GA dated 17.01.2014 in the Pay Band II of 9,300/- to 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4200/- from eligible candidates having requisite qualification for the post. ( Clause – 4 of OSSC advertisement ).
1. How to Apply for OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Jobs 2016 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the Odisha SSC website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions along with the instructions in Odisha SSC advertisement are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Junior MVI application form 2016. The OSSC Junior MVI application form 2016 can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & Year of passing and whether Annual or Supplementary.
The applicant should furnish the correct information including the roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application. It is liability of the candidate to ensure that he / she is eligible for the post as per advertisement.
- After validating the required information the blank application form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form without leaving any item blank. The candidates has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in OSSC Junior MVI Application Form 2016 can submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. The applications not having the clear image of the photograph & signature of the applicant will be rejected. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the SSC application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in OSSC Junior MVI Application Form 2016. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, is the ‘index number’ of the Staff Selection Commission Orissa application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take two copies of the OSSC application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy with duly ink signed at the appropriate place along with original copy of the Treasury challan / e-challan ( except for SC / ST candidates ) with signature and seal of the concerned Bank, where the payment has been made offline or conventional mode along with required certificates and documents ( refer to clause 6 below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission, superscribing on the top of the envelop as “Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector” by regd. post / speed post in the following address :
To The Secretary Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
The last date of receipt of DAF in OSSC Junior MVI, through Speed Post / Regd. Post is 15.02.2016. No DAF will be accepted after 15.02.2016 by 5 P.M.
The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user id’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to download the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Admission of all candidates in the Preliminary ( if any ) and Main written examination for OSSC Junior MVI is provisional subject to verification of original certificate(s) / document(s) etc at the time of via-voce test. The self signed Xerox copies of the certificates submitted by the applicants in the DAF with reference to educational qualification, pass in Odia, caste, Driving License, working experience etc as per the minimum criteria fixed will be verified so as to decide the eligibility of the applicant to appear the OSSC Junior MVI Main written examination 2016. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate if found to have submitted false information in the online application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user id and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of SSC Orissa Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Applications 2016 :
- The last date for online submission of OSSC Junior MVI application 2016 in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 05.02.2016. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for particular Junior Motor Vehicle post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) ( i.e. the OSSC copy of the Application form duly ink signed at appropriate place, Treasury Challan if any and other documents ( refer to clause-6 ), together called the DAF ) in the Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of 15.02.2016 through Speed post / Registered post only. No application will be entertained in the Staff Selection Commission’s office after the date and time stipulated above. No Application form will be received by hand / in the drop box in the office of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The online applications without DAF within stipulated time period will be rejected.
3. Number of OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector posts to be filled up and reservations :
- The break-up of OSSC Junior MVI Vacancy 2016 for this recruitment is as follows :
Category Total Women SC 01 - ST 03 Out of which Women - 01 SEBC 02 - UR 06 Out of which Women - 02 Total 12
- There is no reservation for Ex-serviceman & Sports person. One post is reserved for PwD category in the category of HI as per G.A. Department Resolution No. 34450/Gen dated 03.12.2013.
- The numbers of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of OSSC Junior MVI recruitment process 2016 are subject to changed at any time. This will be duly notified in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
4. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Eligibility 2016 : The candidates must ensure that he / she is eligible for the post as per advertisement.
4. a. Age Limit for OSSC Junior MVI 2016
- Age Limit for OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector 2016 : The candidate must have completed 18 years of age, and must not have crossed the age of 32 years, as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit for OSSC Junior MVI is relaxable (a) by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC Categories and for all Women candidates, and (b) by 10 years for PwD category candidates, (c) the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen. However, a candidate can avail only one type of age relaxation as per Rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of SSC upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1997.
- However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt. or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt. offices or the State Govt. of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – C, D posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 01.01.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation and submit their required documents as mentioned in Para 1(e) above in case of selection in written examination.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent School leaving Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission in regard to proof of age of the applicant.
4. b. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Minimum Educational Qualification 2016 : The candidate in order to be eligible for appearing in the said examination for the SSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector post must have passed
- The High school certificate examination or equivalent examination from a recognised institution / board.
- The Diploma Course in Automobile Engineering or the Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering ( 3 years course ) awarded by the State Council of Technical Education & Training or equivalent course either of the above disciplines recognised by the Central / State Government.
- The candidates having higher qualification i.e. Graduate Engineers in Automobile or Mechanical Engineering from University / Institutes recognised by the Central / State Government are also eligible to apply.
4. c. Desirable Qualification and / or Experience if any : As provided under rule – 6(1)(c) of Orissa Sub ordinate Transport Engineering Service Rules, 1996, The applicant must have the following eligibility for appearing in the OSSC Junior MVI examination 2016.
- The candidate must have a driving license authorising him to drive Motor Transport Vehicle. Must posses driving license to drive Motor Cycle with gear. As per Commerce & Transport Department Notification No. 7429 dated 28.10.2013, candidates not possession a valid driving license for transport vehicle, shall undergo driving training of Transport Vehicle in a recognised Heavy Motor Vehicle driving Training school during the probation period. Possession of a valid driving license for Transport Vehicle will be a prerequisite for completion of probation period and confirmation in the service. Failure to possess a driving license to transport vehicle before completion of probation period shall make the candidate liable for termination from service.
- The candidate must have the working experience of at least one year in a reputed automobile workshop engaged in repair of light motor vehicles, heavy goods vehicles and heavy passenger vehicles fitted with petrol and diesel engine. Certificate to this effect shall be furnished by the applicant from the reputed Automobile Work shop in the following format.
- The candidate must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language subject or have passed the High school Certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subjects or have passed a test in Odia of M.E. School standard conducted by Education Department. The candidate must submit requisite certificates with DAF for (i) to (iii) above.
4. d. General Eligibility Criteria : A candidate in order to be eligible for the post / appearing at the competitive examination must be a
- citizen of India,
- be of good character,
- be of sound health, good physique, and active habits
- be free from organic defects and bodily infirmity and
- must not have more than one spouse living.
5. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Application Fee 2016 : All SEBC & UR candidates other than ( ST / SC / PwD candidates ) have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The OSSC Junior MVI Exam fees 2016 can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the treasury portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
- She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
- The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
- She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
- For OSSC Junior MVI Online Fee Payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the treasury portal.
- For over the bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
- On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
- The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”.
- The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
- Non indication of correct and valid treasury chalan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode will liable for rejection of the application.
- SC / ST / PwD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
6. Certificates / Documents to be submitted alongwith the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) :
- Original Treasury challan in support of deposit of l00/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards Examination Fee ( except SC / ST candidate ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category shall enclose attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category shall enclose self attested photocopy of recent valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority within 6 months for the purpose of service.
- Self Attested photocopy of HSC certificate & mark sheet or equivalent certificate & mark sheet in support of declaration of age, issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self Attested photocopy of pass certificate & mark sheet of the Diploma Course in Automobile Engineering ( 3 years course ) or the Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering ( 3 years course ) awarded by the State Council of Technical Education ( 3 years course ) or such other course declared equivalent to either of the above disciplines by the Central government or by the State Govt.
- Self attested photo copies of Pass Certificate & mark sheet of Degree in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering Engineering from University / Institution recognised by the Central / State Government.
- Self attested photo copies of driving license, working experience certificate in the prescribed format, pass in odia language cerificate as specified for the post at para – 4 (c).
- Self attested copy of Discharge certificate, identity card and the document indicating the period of service rendered in defence forces in case of Ex-servicemen candidates. In case of Defence Service Personnel who have less than six months of service as on the date of application may also apply of the post enclosing the “No objection certificate indicating the date of retirement” issued by the designated authority. But such candidate must submit the Discharge Certificate at the time of Viva-voce Test other wise their candidature for the post shall be rejected.
7. Place and Date of OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Written Examination 2016 :
The date / time / venue of the OSSC Junior MVI written examination 2016 will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course which will be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website from a date to be notified later. The list of admitted & rejected candidates shall be displayed in the said website simultaneously from that date. The candidates are advised to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at regular interval & also keep track with the publication of different notices by OSSC Commission in different local dailies to know about the programme of the examination.
8. Plan of OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Examination 2016 :
There shall be a OSSC Junior MVI written examination 2016 followed by viva-voce test.
I. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Written Examination 2016
The OSSC Junior MVI written Examination 2016 would comprise of three papers having all objective type questions with multiple choice of answers. ( OMR Sheet ).
Paper – I : Language proficiency ( both Odia & English ) and General Knowledge : 50 marks – 1 hour.
Paper – II : Vehicle maintenance, pollution standards, Motor vehicle laws and road safety rules : 50 marks – 1 hour.
Paper – III : Automobile Engineering – 100 marks – 2 hour.
Total Written Marks : 200 Marks.
II. Viva voce Test : 25 Marks
Total : 225 Marks
The Paper – I would be a composite paper comprising of questions to test the English and Odia language proficiency and General knowledge of the candidate. There would be 20 nos. of question on English and Odia Language ( 10 each ) carrying 20 marks and 30 nos. of questions on General Knowledge carrying 30 Marks. ( Total 50 Marks ). The maximum time allowed for this composite paper would be 1 hour. All questions will be compulsory and will be objective type with multiple choice of answers.
The questions on English & Odia Language proficiency will include vocabulary and usage, common errors, grammar, etc. The questions on GK will cover history and geography of India with special reference to Odisha, Indian polity and socio-economic scenario, environmental issues, general science, mathematics of matriculation standard and etc.
The questions in Papers – II would be on maintenance of vehicles, pollution standards, motor vehicle laws and road safety rules, First Aid, Fire hazard and other matters with which one is required to be acquainted in order to be eligible to get the heavy vehicle driving license. There will be 50 questions with maximum marks 50 and Time allowed for this paper would be 1 hour. All questions will be compulsory and will be objective type with multiple choice of answers.
The questions in paper – III would be on Automobile Engineering of Diploma standard prescribed by the State Council of Technical Education and vocational Training, Odisha for three years Diploma course. There will be 100 questions in this paper with maximum 100 marks and time allowed for this paper would be 2 hours. All questions will be compulsory and will be objective type with multiple choice of answers. For all these papers the answer sheet will be in OMR format, where the correct answers are to be marked by darkening the appropriate circle with black / blue ball point pen.
9. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Admission Letter 2016 :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the OSSC Junior MVI Admission letter 2016 of the admitted candidates on its website “www.odishassc.in“. The candidate has to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the SSC Orissa application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. The eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded.
This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of OSSC Junior MVI examination 2016. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out thereof and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing in the examination. The OSSC Junior MVI admission letter 2016 will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Staff Selection Commission. No admission letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
10. OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Viva-Voce Test 2016 :
The viva voce or personal interview will carry 25 marks. Based on the performance in the OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector written examination, candidates numbering up to 3 times the number of vacancies in the respective categories are to be called for appearing at the Viva-voce Test.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the Viva-Voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the viva-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at clause 6 above, failing which he / she shall be debarred.
11. Select List for OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector :
The OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Select List 2016 shall be prepared category wise on the basis of the sum total marks secured by the candidates in the written examination, viva-voce test taken together in order of merit as per vacancy advertised / re-advertised.
12. Results for OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam 2016 :
The OSSC Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector Results 2016 will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.