SSC Orissa Inspector Recruitment 2012
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for the SSC Orissa 2012 recruitment to the post of Inspector Weights & Measures ( Legal Metrology ) Department of Food Supply and Consumer Welfare, Government of Odisha. Applications for SSC Orissa recruitment 2012 are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Inspector, Weights and Measures ( Legal Metrology ) under the Food Supply and Consumer Welfare Deptt., Govt. of Odisha, Bhubaneswar carrying pay in the pay band – I of 5200 – 20,200/- with Grade Pay of 2800/- per month.
1. SSC Orissa Online Application Form Details 2012
- Candidates have to apply Online SSC Orissa recruitment using the website of the Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the SSC posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any Orissa SSC 2012 application online, are displayed on the computer screen. The Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding further. The Orissa Staff Selection Commission Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the SSC post.
- Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the SSC Form, including the candidate’s recent passport size photograph which has to be uploaded, without leaving any item blank. The filled in SSC Orissa Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Orissa SSC Application Form. This time the Application Form for SSC is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the Staff Selection Commission application.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the SSC application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Staff Selection Commission, duly attaching therewith
- The original Treasury Challan in proof of payment of SSC 2012 application fees
- Photocopies of the certificates / documents in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, documentary claim for being considered as reserved category / special category. The SSC Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requisite certificates / documents, and with the signature of the candidate at the indicated space on the Form has to be submitted to the Staff Selection Commission by registered post, or in person at the appropriate drop box in the SSC Commission’s office.
- Applications for SSC 2012 received incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last date for receipt of SSC Orissa Recruitment Application 2012
- The last date for SSC Orissa 2012 online submission of application in response to Orissa SSC advertisement is 21.08.2012.The system will be disabled from 5 P.M of the said date after which the SSC 2012 application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of Detailed Application Form for SSC ( refer to para 1.c. above ) in the Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of 28.08.2012.
3. Number of SSC Posts to be filled up and Reservations
- As per information filed by the concerned department vide their letter No 5278/LM dated 23.03.2012 letter No. 8843/LM dated 22.05.2012 and letter No l0883 / LM dt 6.7.2012 the category wise brake-up of the posts to be filled up is as follows :
Category No. of vacancies Vacancies reserved for women S.C 1 Nil S .T 3 1 S.E.B.C 3 1 UR 3 1 Total 10 3
- One SSC post will be reserved for persons with disability ( PWD ) of O.A. ( One arm affected ) / O.L ( MNR ) ( one leg affected, but mobility not restricted ) / P. D. ( Partially deaf, Deafness fitted with suitable aid ).
- The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of SSC Orissa 2012 recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the State Govt.
4. Eligibility for SSC Inspector Post 2012 :
- Age :The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2012. The upper age limit for SSC is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women candidates, by 10 years in case of Ex-Servicemen. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of SSC age relaxation as per rule.There is no relaxation of SSC upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1980 and not later than 1st January, 1991.Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / council will only be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission.
- Educational Qualification for Food Supply Inspector : The candidate must be a graduate in science with Physics or a graduate in Engineering from a recognised University or Diploma in Engineering with three years professional experience.
5. Application Fee for SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012
Candidates other than those belonging to SC / ST have to pay application fee of 100/- only through treasury challan under the head of account ’0051 -PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-examination fees-0047-fees collected for conducting examination fees”. The treasury challan No. and date are to be filled in the SSC Orissa online application, and the original treasury challan has to be submitted with the detailed application form for SSC.
6. Plan of SSC Examination for Inspector Post :
There would be a main written examination which would consist of one composite paper covering questions to test the proficiency in
- English and Odia languages ( usage, vocabulary and grammar ), (ii) General Studies ( General Knowledge including current social economic and cultural issues, General Science, Indian geography history and polity ), and questions on reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude, and
- Physics of B.Sc. standard and Engineering subject of Diploma standard. There would be 50 questions from each of the above subject categories, and all questions will be compulsory. Each question will carry one mark. The composite paper will have maximum 150 marks and will be of two hours duration. The paper will carry all objective type questions with multiple choice of answers. The answer papers will be OMR sheets in which correct answer choices against each question have to be filled in by the candidate in black or blue ball point pen.
7. Certificates / documents to be submitted alongwith the detailed application form ( DAF) :
- Original Treasury challan in support of deposit of l00/- ( Rupees one hundred ) only towards Examination Fee ( except SC / ST candidate ).
- Candidates of SC / ST category shall enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category shall enclose self attested photocopy of appropriate & valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC certificate& mark sheet or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 / Intermediate certificate & mark sheet.
- Self attested photocopy of Degree certificate & mark sheet.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing Odia of M.E. standard issued by competent authority.
- One unsigned recent colour photograph ( 3.5 Cm X 4.5 Cm size ) to be pasted in the space provided in the SSC 2012 application form. Besides, another photograph of the same size duly attested by a Gazetted officer should be enclosed.(i) Postage stamp worth 5/- affixed thereon with ( an envelope of size 23cm X 12cm ) is to be attached to the SSC 2012 application. The candidate is required to write his / her complete mailing address on this envelope with pin code for despatch of Admit Card.
8. Place and Date of SSC Written Examination
The date / time / venue of the written examination for SSC will be intimated to the eligible candidates by issue of admission letters in due course.
9. SSC Orissa Admit Card 2012 :
Admit Cards for SSC Orissa Recruitment 2012 will be issued to each candidate by post about three weeks before the date of the SSC examination; carrying the photograph and signature of the candidate and signature of the Secretary of the Staff Selection Commission. This will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the SSC examination. Each candidate can download his / her admit card fourteen days before the date of the SSC examination by going to the website of the Staff Selection Commission, and clicking at the sub-menu ‘download admit card for Inspector Weights and Measures ( Legal Metrology )’.
10. SSC Viva-voce Test :
The viva voce or personal interview for SSC will carry 20 marks. Candidates of different categories numbering maximum 3 times the number of SSC posts in the respective categories, on the basis of performance in the Main examination , subject to securing a minimum uniform cut off mark as may be fixed by the Staff Selection Commission will be called for viva-voce test.
T.A will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the viva-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para-7 above, failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva-voce test.
11. Select List
The select list shall be prepared, category wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in the main written examination, and viva- voce test taken together.
12. Result :
The SSC results will be published in due course in the Staff Selection Commission’s website. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the SSC examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination for SSC.