Application Form for Staff Selection Commission NWR Recruitment 2011
SSC North Western Region Applications 2011 separately for different categories of SSC posts must be submitted in the form published along with the SSC advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar of 09.04.2011. The SSC NWR applications may be typed out in double space or Computer printed or written in hand neatly, but format should be the same as published.
Candidates may use a photocopy of the form published in the Employment News but should not use Employment News / Rozgar Samachar cuttings as SSC NWR Application forms.
SSC NWR 2011 Recruitment Applications submitted on a format which is not exactly the same, as published in this Advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily.
The SSC North Western Region applications should be addressed to the following address. Fees should be paid only by way of CRFS.
Deputy Regional Director (NWR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No.3, Kendriya Sadan,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
i. Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission North Western Region and no subsequent request for its change will be considered.
ii. If the above documents are not submitted along with the Staff Selection Commission NWR application, the application will be rejected summarily at any stage of the recruitment process and no request for revival will be considered.
iii. Incomplete or unsigned SSC NWR applications or signed in capital letters in English, or applications without photograph, will be rejected summarily.
iv. A candidate should submit only one SSC North Western Region application against a particular category of the Advt. Multiple SSC NWR applications submitted by same candidate against a same category will be rejected. However, separate SSC North Western Region applications may be submitted for different categories of SSC posts.
v. Copies of all attested certificates should be clear and legible. SSC North Western Region Applications without legible copies of certificates will be rejected summarily.
vi. The details in the SSC NWR application form should be hand-written by the candidate himself.
vii. All signatures done on the SSC North Western Region Application Form and also on other documents must be in running script (not in Block letters), in the same language and in same manner otherwise SSC NWR application will be rejected.
6. Important Instructions for SSC NWR :
i. Certificates in support of educational qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University / Institute / Board. Candidates whose marks in Essential Qualification are indicated by Grades etc should enclose a certificate from the concerned Board / University indicating the equivalent marks / percentage.
ii. Closing date for the receipt of SSC NWR application is 06.05.2011.
iii. Age limits, Essential qualifications and Category status are to be reckoned as on 06.05.2011. SC / ST candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix III. Like-wise OBC candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-IV., issued within 3 years of closing date, i.e. 06.05.2011.
PH candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-VI of SSC advertisement. No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters (of an EXS) by virtue of their father being an EXS.
iv. Upper age-limit for SSC is relaxable for retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel project authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the authority (period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project authority).
v. All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu& Kashmir during the period 01.01,1980 to 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age-limit for SSC North Western Region by five years in support of which the proof of residence must be submitted along with the SSC NWR application form duly signed by
a. The District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
b. Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt, of J & K to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.1989.
vi. Central Govt. Civilian Employees / Departmental candidates claiming SSC age relaxation must have rendered not less than, three years continuous service (on regular basis & not on ad-hoc basis) and must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix- V.
vii. For Group ‘C posts, EXS fulfilling the.conditions laid down by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit for SSC by more than three years (6 years in case of OBC and 8 years in case of SC / ST).
For Group ‘B’ posts, EXS fulfilling the conditions laid by the Govt, from time to time shall be allowed age relaxation for SSC NWR beyond the upper age limit by 5 years for General, 8 years for OBC and 10 years for SC / ST EXS candidates.
viii. As per D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/6/90-Estt-SCT dated 24/04/ 92, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt, in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation for SSC prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite SSC Application fee of 50/- for SSC NWR recruitment.
ix. The period of Call up Service of an EXS in the Armed forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed forces. For any serviceman (of the three Armed Forces of the Union) to be treated as EXS for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for SSC post / service, the status of EXS and / or should be in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be release & discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date (i.e. 06.05.2011) on completion of his assignment.
Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/2/91-Estt(SCT) dated 03/04/91. (Appendix I and II).
x. Upper age for SSC is relaxable only for posts / vacancies reserved for categories like SC / ST / OBC / EXS / PH. No such relaxation would be available to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies.
xi. For Group ‘C posts, Widows / Divorced Women / Women Judicially separated and who are not remarried belonging to Unreserved / General category are entitled to age relaxation upto 35 years as on the closing date of receipt of application. Similar women belonging to OBC and SC / ST category are entitled to further relaxation of 3 and 5 years, respectively.
7. Candidates are advised to pay the SSC NWR Examination fee in the form of CRFS for which , they are not to pay any Staff Selection Commission to the post office. These stamps are available at all departmental Post Offices of the country. These SSC Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose.
SSC NWR Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any SSC post office (including the post office of issue) with the date stamp of post office in such a manner that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of the date and the post office of issue, at any subsequent stage.
After getting the SSC Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the post office, the candidate may submit the application to the North Western Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
i) SSC Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
ii) SSC Fee paid by IPO, cash, Bank Draft or pay order, will Not be taken info consideration.
8. More SSC NWR vacancies in equivalent / comparable Posts pertaining to same or other Departments may also be filled through this advertisement. Further, SSC North Western Region vacancies mentioned above are subject to change without notice.
9. SC / ST candidates called for interview will be paid T.A. as per Govt, orders (if SSC vacancy is reserved for SC / ST as the case may be). No T.A. will be paid for proficiency test / screening test if it is held on a day other than that of SSC Interview.
10. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
11. The job requirements of the posts are indicated below each category to facilitate the candidates to understand the main functions to be performed after appointment to the SSC post.
12. Candidates must submit separate SSC applications and pay the fee separately for each category of post in case they wish to apply for more than one category. Candidates should also note that one envelope should contain application(s) of one candidate only.
13. Submission of certificate (s) in support of Essential Qualifications :
i. SSC North Western Region Post(s) requiring proficiency in the relevant language as an essential qualification means that the candidate must have studied in that language / dialect upto matric level and in case the relevant language / dialect is not taught as a subject in Matric, the said language / dialect must be the mother-tongue of the candidate or he / she should have the ‘working knowledge’ which shall be determined by the Staff Selection Commission.
ii. For SSC posts where an experience in a particular field / discipline for a specified period has been indicated as an essential qualification, in such cases the candidates should submit a certificate in support of then claim of experience in that field / discipline.
i. If the above documents / certificates are not furnished by the candidates along-with their SSC NWR applications, their candidature is liable to be rejected summarily at any stage of the SSC recruitment process.
ii. Only attested / self-attested copies of certificates & mark-sheets are required to be sent. Original Certificates / Marks must not be sent with the application All copies should be legible.
14. All candidates in Govt. Service whether in a permanent or in temporary capacity or as Work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees, or those serving under Public Enterprises, will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the post. These candidates may send their SSC NWR applications directly to the Staff Selection Commission after intimating their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel.
They must ensure that the SSC NWR application complete in all respects reaches Staff Selection Commission by the closing date. SSC North Western Region Applications shall be rejected if received late and / or are not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Staff Selection Commission withholding permission to the candidate to appear at the examination, their SSC NWR applications shall be rejected / candidature shall be cancelled.
15. Any dispute in regard to SSC NWR recruitment will be subject to Chandigarh courts / Tribunals jurisdiction.
16. No persons
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living; or
(b) who having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to service. Provided that Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
17. A candidate must be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient discharge of his duties as an Officer of the service. A candidate who after such medical examination as may be prescribed by the competent authority, is found not satisfying these requirements, will not be appointed.
18. Candidates should satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the SSC post(s) they are applying as per the requirement mentioned in the SSC advertisement. If at any stage it is detected that they are not eligible, their candidature will be rejected. Staff Selection Commission does not undertake scrutiny of SSC NWR applications at the initial stages and mere fact that they have been called for SSC interview / screening test does not preclude the Staff Selection Commission from canceling their candidature if they are found not eligible for the SSC post.
19. The Staff Selection Commission NWR application, complete in all respects, should reach the following address by 06.05.2011.
Deputy Regional Director (NWR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No.3, Kendriya Sadan,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
In the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep. and for candidates residing abroad, their closing date for receipt of application would be 13.05.2011. Application shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all respects as provided in the rules.