SSC North Western Region Recruitment Jobs 2012
Staff Selection Commission,
( Goverment of India ),
North Western Region,
Website : sscnwr.org
Closing Date for applying SSC NWR Recruitment 2012 : 27.08.2012
1. SSC North Western Region Recruitment Online applications are invited for following post under Government of India falling within the jurisdiction of Staff Selection Commission ( North Western Region ), Chandigarh.
Cat No. : NWR – 1 : Senior Technical Assistant ( Hydrogeology ) in Central Ground Water Board Faridabad.
Senior Technical Assistant Pay Scale : PB – 2, 9300 – 34800/- + GP 4600/- Group B ( Non – Gazetted ) Non ministerial.
Vacancy in Senior Technical Assistant : 01 ( UR-01 ).
Age : Not exceeding 30 years ( Relaxable for Central Govt. employees upto 35 years in case of general candidates ).
Essential Qualification for Senior Technical Assistant : Master’s degree in Geology or Hydrogeology or applied Geology from a recognized university or equivalent.
Senior Technical Assistant Desirable Qualification : Nil.
Initial Posting : NWHR Jammu with All India Service Liabilities ( AISL ) job requirements :
- Monitoring the ground water regime in terms of quality and quality in space and time along with technical assistance to states to tackle the drought situations.
- The official belongings to this discipline is required to take up studies like conjunctive use and artificial recharge project.
- The data input and their analysis would also be taken up by these officials for carrying out mathematical modeling generating various scenarios for different hydro geological situations for various ground water regime problems.
- The official would also be needed for carrying out remote sensing and GIS studies.
2. Staff Selection Commission Fee Payable : 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ). No fee for SCs, STs, Female candidates, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen. However, such Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt. in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as Ex-Servicemen for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation only prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for Ex-Servicemen & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for SSC North Western Region recruitment. Fee concession is not admissible to sons & daughters or dependents of EX-Servicemen. Service clerks in the last year of their colour service are also not exempted from payment of fee.
Note : Mode of payment of SSC examination fee has been indicated in para 7 of these instructions.
3. Preliminary Selection for Senior Technical Assistant :
Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualification, etc. will not entitle candidates to be called for SSC North Western Region interview. Shortlisting of candidates for SSC North Western Region interview will be done on the basis of the marks M.Sc. in respective field or the percentage of marks in the screening test, if conducted. Therefore candidates are advised to fill the column no. 17 of SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online application form very carefully. Actual percentage with two decimal digits should be indicated in column of percentage. No representation would be entertained if wrong / less percentage is filled by candidate and recruitment process may be completed accordingly.
Screening Test Senior Technical Assistant : The Staff Selection Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a screening test where it is felt necessary, before interview / proficiency test, keeping in view specific requirements for the SSC North Western Region post as per the provisions of RRs. Only such of the candidates who qualify in the screening test at the standard fixed by the Staff Selection Commission, at its discretion, would be eligible for being called for interview / proficiency test.
4. Online Application form for Senior Technical Assistant : Online Applications for SSC North Western Region must be submitted in the form published along with the SSC advertisement 2012 in the employment news / Rozgar Samachar of 28.07.2012. The SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online applications may be typed out in double space or computer printed or written in hand neatly, but format should be the same as published. Candidates may use a photocopy of the form published in the employment news but should not use employment news / Rozgar Samachar cuttings as SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online application forms.
Note : SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online applications submitted on a format which is not exactly the same, as published in SSC North Western Region advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily. The SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online applications should be addressed to the following :
Deputy Regional Director ( NWR ),
Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3,
Kendriya Sadan, Sector – 9,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
Fees should be paid only by way of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps ( CRFS ).
5. Important Instructions for SSC Senior Technical Assistant :
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized university / institute / board. Candidates whose marks in essential qualification are indicated by grades etc. Should enclose a certificate from the concerned board / university indicating the equivalent marks / percentage.
- Closing date for the receipt of SSC North Western Region Online application is 27.08.2012.
- Age limits, Essential qualifications are to be reckoned as on 27.08.12 SC / ST candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at appendix III. Like-wise OBC candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at appendix IV., No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters ( of an EXS ) by virtue of their father being an EX-Servicemen.
- Upper age limit for SSC is relaxable for retrenched employees of chukha hydel project authority in bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the authority ( period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the chukha hydel project authority ).
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by five years in support of which the proof of residence must be submitted along with the SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online application form duly signed by :
- The District magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
- Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of J & K to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.1989.
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees / Departmental candidates claiming age relaxation must have rendered not less than three years continuous service ( on regular basis & not on ad-hoc basis ) and must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at appendix V.
- For Group ‘C’ posts, EX-Servicemen fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Govt. from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years ( 6 years in case of OBC and 8 years in case of SC / ST ). For Group ‘B’ posts, Ex-Servicemen fulfilling the conditions laid by the Govt. from time to time shall be allowed age relaxation beyond the upper age limit by 5 years for General, 8 years for OBC and 10 years for SC / ST Ex-Service candidates.
- As per D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/6/90-Estt-SCT dated 24/04/92, such EX-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt. in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EX-Servicemen for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation prescribed for EX-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EX-Servicemen & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for SSC North Western Region recruitment.
- The period of ‘Call up Service’ of an EX-Servicemen in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces. For any serviceman ( of the three Armed Forces of the Union ) to be treated as EX-Servicemen for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for post / service, the status of EX-Servicemen and / or should be in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date ( i.e. 27.08.2012 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/2/91-Estt( SCT ) dated 03/04/91. ( appendix I and II ).
- SSC Upper age is relaxable only for posts / vacancies reserved for categories like SC / ST / OBC / EXS / Physically Handicapped. No such relaxation would be available to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies.
- For Group ‘C’ posts, Widows / Divorced women / Women judicially separated and who are not remarried belonging to Unreserved / General category are entitled to age relaxation upto 35 years as on the closing date of receipt of SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online application. Similar women belonging to OBC and SC / ST category are entitled to further relaxation of 3 and 5 years, respectively.
6. Candidates are advised to pay the SSC North Western Region examination fee in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps ( CRFS ) for which they are not to pay any commission to the post office. These stamps are available at all departmental post offices of the country. These Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the SSC Senior Technical Assistant Online application form in the space earmarked for the purpose. Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office ( including the post office of issue ) with the date stamp of post office in such a manner that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of the date and the post office of issue, at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the post office, the candidate may submit the Online application to the North Western Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee paid by IPO, cash, Bank draft or pay order, will not be taken into consideration.
7. More vacancies in equivalent / comparable posts pertaining to same or other departments may also be filled through SSC advertisement. Further, vacancies mentioned above are subject to change without notice.
8. SC / ST candidates called for SSC North Western Region interview will be paid T.A. as per Govt. orders ( if vacancy is reserved for SC / ST as the case may be ).
9. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.