SSC North Western Region Vacancies 2012
Staff Selection Commission,
( Government of India ),
North Western Region,
Website : sscnwr.org
Closing Date : 13.02.2012
1. Staff Selection Commission North Western Region invites applications for following SSC posts in various offices under Government of India falling within the jurisdiction of Staff Selection Commission ( North Western Region ), Chandigarh.
Cat No. : NWR – 1 : Fieldman
Pay Scale for Fieldman : 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 1900/- ( Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non Ministerial )
SSC Fieldman Vacancy : 04 ( UR-02, OBC-01, ST-01 ) ( Post is not identified suitable for PH so they need not apply )
Age : Not Exceeding 28 years, Relaxable 03 years for OBC candidates & 05 years for ST candidates ( Relaxable for Central Govt. Employees upto 35 years in case of General candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates and 40 years for ST candidates )
EQ : Matriculation or equivalent Examination passed from any recognized university or board.
DQ : Nil
I.P. : Shimla
All India Service Liability involved – Yes.
J.R : To collect Data from field. Laying out of inventory plots and collection of data regarding trees from forest and outside forest.
Abbreviations used :
UR: Unreserved, OBC: Other Backward Classes, SC:Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, Ex-S.: Ex-Serviceman, PH : Physically Handicapped, OH: Orthopedically Handicapped, HH: Hearing Handicapped, OL: One Leg, BL: Both Legs, OA: One Arm, OAL: One Arm and One Leg, VH: Visually handicapped, IPO: Indian Postal Order, CRFS: Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, Deg. : Degree, Dip.: Diploma, Equiv.: Equivalent, Profi-test: Proficiency Test, Recog.: Recognized, AISL: All India Service Liability, Univ.: University, Instt.: Institute, Insttn.: Institution, M/o: Ministry of, D/o: Department of, O/o: Office of, PC: Post Code, PS: Pay Scale, IP: Initial Posting, EQ: Essential Qualification, DQ: Desirable Qualification, JR: Job Requirement, CGCE :Central Government Civilian Employee.
2. SSC Fee Payable :
50/- ( Rupees fifty only ). No fee for SCs, STs, Female candidates, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen. However, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt. in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their re-employment are eligible for SSC age relaxation only prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for SSC North Western Region recruitment.. Fee concession is not admissible to sons & daughters or dependents of EXS. Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service are also not exempted from payment of fee.
Note : Mode of payment of SSC North Western Region Examination fee has been indicated in para-7 of these Instructions.
3. Preliminary Selection for Fieldman :
Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualification, etc. will not entitle candidates to be called for SSC North Western Region Interview. Shortlisting of candidates for Interview will be done on the basis of the marks secured in matriculation or equivalent or the percentage of marks in the screening test, if conducted. Therefore candidates are advised to fill the column no. 17 of SSC Application form only in respect of 10th Class. Actual percentage with two decimal digits should be indicated against percentage of 10th Class. No representation would be entertained if Wrong / less percentage is filled by candidate and Staff Selection Commission recruitment process may be completed accordingly.
Screening Test :
The Staff Selection Commission may, at its discretion, decide to hold a screening test for any of the categories where it is felt necessary, before SSC Interview / Proficiency test, keeping in view specific requirements for the post as per the provisions of RRs. Only such of the candidates who qualify in the screening test at the standard fixed by the Staff Selection Commission, at its discretion, would be eligible for being called for Staff Selection Commission North Western Region Interview / Proficiency test.
4. Application form for SSC Fieldman Recruitment 2012 :
Staff Selection Commission applications separately for different categories of posts must be submitted in the form published along with the SSC advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar of 14.01.2012. The applications for SSC North Western Region 2012 may be typed out in double space or Computer printed or written in hand neatly, but format should be the same as published. Candidates may use a photocopy of the form published in the Employment News but should not use Employment News / Rozgar Samachar cuttings as SSC Application forms.
Note : Applications for SSC North Western Region 2012 submitted on a format which is not exactly the same, as published in Staff Selection Commission advertisement, are liable to be rejected summarily. The applications should be addressed to the following address.
Deputy Regional Director ( NWR ),
Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3,
Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
Fees should be paid only by way of CRFS.
5. Important Instructions for SSC Recruitment 2012 :
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University / Institute / Board. Candidates whose marks in Essential Qualification are indicated by Grades etc. should enclose a certificate from the concerned Board / University indicating the equivalent marks / percentage.
- Closing date for the receipt of SSC North Western Region recruitment application 2012 is 13.02.2012.
- Age limits, Essential qualifications are to be reckoned as on 13.02.2012. SC / ST candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix III. Likewise OBC candidates must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-IV., No age relaxation is admissible to sons and daughters ( of an EXS ) by virtue of their father being an EXS.
- Upper age limit for SSC North Western Region is relaxable for retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel project authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of regular service rendered by them with the authority ( period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project authority ).
- All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 shall be eligible for relaxation in the SSC upper age limit by five years in support of which the proof of residence must be submitted along with the SSC North Western Region 2012 application form duly signed by :
- The District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
- Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of J & K to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.1989.
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees / Departmental candidates claiming Staff Selection Commission age relaxation must have rendered not less than three years continuous service ( on regular basis & not on adhoc basis ) and must submit prescribed certificate in the proforma given at Appendix-V.
- For Group ‘C’ posts, EXS fulfilling the conditions laid down by the Govt. from time to time shall be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed SSC age limit by more than three years ( 6 years in case of OBC and 8 years in case of SC / ST). For Group ‘B’ posts, ExS fulfilling the conditions laid by the Govt. from time to time shall be allowed age relaxation beyond the upper age limit for SSC by 5 years for General, 8 years for OBC and 10 years for SC / ST ExS candidates.
- As per D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/6/90-Estt-SCT dated 24/04/92, such EXS candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Govt. in Civil side after availing the benefit given to them as EXS for their re-employment are eligible for age relaxation for SSC prescribed for EXS for securing another employment in a higher grade but will not be eligible for the benefit for reservation for EXS & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for Staff Selection Commission recruitment.
- The period of ‘Call up Service’ of an EXS in the Armed forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed forces. For any serviceman ( of the three Armed Forces of the Union ) to be treated as EXS for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for SSC post / service, the status of EXS and / or should be in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would be released / discharged from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the SSC closing date ( i.e. 13.02.2012 ) on completion of his assignment. Necessary certificate / undertaking should be submitted by the Ex-Serviceman candidate in the form prescribed in D/o Personnel & Training’s O.M. No. 36034/2/91-Estt(SCT) dated 03/04/91. ( Appendix I and II ).
- SSC Upper age is relaxable only for posts / vacancies reserved for categories like SC / ST / OBC / EXS / PH. No such relaxation would be available to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies.
- For Group ‘C’ posts, Widows / Divorced Women / Women Judicially separated and who are not remarried belonging to Unreserved / General category are entitled to SSC age relaxation upto 35 years as on the closing date of receipt of Staff Selection Commission application. Similar women belonging to OBC and SC / ST category are entitled to further relaxation of 3 and 5 years, respectively.
6. Candidates are advised to pay the SSC Examination fee in the form of CRFS for which they are not to pay any commission to the post office. These stamps are available at all departmental Post Offices of the country. These SSC Recruitment Stamps may be pasted at the top left hand corner of the SSC application form in the space earmarked for the purpose. Recruitment Fee Stamps must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office ( including the post office of issue ) with the date stamp of post office in such a manner that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of the date and the post office of issue, at any subsequent stage. After getting the Staff Selection Commission Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the post office, the candidate may submit the SSC application to the North Western Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee paid by IPO, cash, Bank Draft or pay order, will not be taken into consideration.
7. More SSC vacancies in equivalent / comparable Posts pertaining to same or other Departments may also be filled through Staff Selection Commission advertisement. Further, vacancies for SSC mentioned above are subject to change without notice.
8. SC / ST candidates called for SSC interview will be paid T.A. as per Govt. orders ( if SSC vacancy is reserved for SC / ST as the case may be ).
9. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
The SSC North Western Region application, complete in all respects, should reach the following address by 13.02.2012.
Deputy Regional Director ( NWR ),
Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3,
Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9,
Chandigarh – 160 017.
In the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad, their closing date for receipt of SSC NWR Region application would be 20.02.2012. Application for SSC North Western Region 2012 shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all resects as provided in the rules.