Closing Date for SSC NER Recruitment 2013 : 08.04.2013
SSC North Eastern Region 2013 applications are invited for the following post :
Category No. NER ( B ) 01 : Two ( 01 – UR, 01 – OBC ) posts of Professional Assistant ( Hydromet ) now redesignated as Scientific Assistant ( General Central Service Group ‘B’ Non – Gazetted, Non – Ministerial ) in Office of the Chief Engineer, Brahmaputra & Barak Basin Organisation, Central Water Commission, Ministry of Water Resources, Shillong.
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Pay Scale : PB – 2 : 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay 4200/-.
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Vacancy : 2 ( UR – 1, OBC – 1 ).
Age Limit for SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 : 18 – 27 years ( Relaxable for Departmental candidates upto 40 years ).
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Essential Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or Geo-Physics or Geology or Meteorology or Hydro-meteorology from a recognised university or equivalent.
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Desirable Qualification : Nil.
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Initial Posting : North Eastern Region.
All Indian Service Liability : Yes.
SSC NER Scientific Assistant 2013 Job Requirement :
- Checking of rainfall data copied by the computer.
- Checking of all other computations and work done by the computers.
- Drawing of theiseon polygon net work required for weighted rainfall calculation.
- Selection of heavy rainfall spells for design storm studies.
- Analysis of self recording rainfall data and preparation of frequency tables.
- Preliminary drawing of isohyets.
- Maintenance of files and rainfall records.
Period of Probation : 2 ( two ) years.
NB : Though the vacancies are not earmarked for PH with HH but such candidates with not less than 40% impairment are eligible.
Instructions to Candidates
1. Abbreviations Used : EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, UR : Unreserved, SC : Schedule Caste, ST : Schedule Tribe, OBC : Other Backward Classes, PH : Physically Handicapped, HH : Hearing Handicapped, CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, AISL : All India Service Liability, IP : Initial Posting, JR : Job-Requirement, POP : Period of Probation, i.e. that is.
2. SSC NER Recruitment 2013 Fee Payable : 50/- ( Rupees fifty ) only. No fee for Women candidate / Schedule Castes / Schedule Tribes / PH.
Note : Mode of payment of examination fee has been indicated in para 7 of important instructions.