SSC North Eastern Region Recruitment 2016 for Laboratory Assistant
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post shown against the given Category No. to be submitted, along with complete certificates / documents, in the format given in this advertisement.
Name of the Post & Department : Laboratory Assistant in National Centre of Organic Farming under the Govt. of India, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Vacancy 2016 : 02 Unreserved [The post is identified as suitable for OH (OA, OL) & HH (Partially deaf)]
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Scale of Pay 2016 : 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1900/- (General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial)
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Age Limit 2016 : Not Exceeding 25 years. [(a)Relaxable for Government servants upto 40 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government. (b) Upto to 35 years to OH (OA, OL) & HH (PD) and if Govt. servant, upto 50 years].
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Essential Qualification 2016 :
- Intermediate or Senior Secondary or 12th pass with science or agriculture subjects from a recognised Board or University.
- Three years experience in laboratory work in any laboratory registered under Fertiliser Control Order (FCO), 1985 or laboratory recognised by any Government institution.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Desirable Qualification 2016 : Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Biology or Agriculture or Diploma in Agriculture.
Place of Initial Posting : Regional Centre of Organic Farming, Imphal (Manipur).
Whether All India Service Liability : Yes
Brief description of the job requirements and nature of duties of the post : To assist in quality testing of Bio fertilisers, Organic Manures, Vermiculture & different organic inputs in laboratory, Isolation and authentication of different strains of effective microorganisms related with organic farming through primary sample preparation, equipment maintenance and upkeep and making different solution & dilutions. To help in preparation of technical literature on organic farming etc. through in-house printing, binding & other related help or assistance.
Period of Probation : Two years
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant 2016 Important Instructions / Guidelines to Candidates : Applicants are advised to go through all parameters under different Paras and Sub-paras of this Notice and satisfy themselves about their suitability on age-limit and Essential Qualification for the post(s), before applying.
Status of Rejections, Short-listing, other data and Call Letters will be uploaded on Website – www.sscner.org.in Applicants should visit website frequently for latest updates.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant 2016 Examination Fee & Mode of Payment : 50/- (Rupees fifty only). No fee for Woman candidates, Physically Handicapped, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Ex-S. However, no fee concession would be admissible to Ex-S who would otherwise be considered as general candidate. Such candidates are required to pay the requisite fee. Fee concession is not admissible to sons, daughters, and dependents of Ex-S. Service clerks in the last year of their colour service are not exempted from payment of fee.
Fees50/- only may be paid either through CRFS or Online :
CRFS (Central Recruitment Fee Stamp) available in major Post offices to be affixed in relevant portion of the application form and duly cancelled by concerned postal office where from procured.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Online Fee Payment 2016 : The candidates will register themselves on the Commission‟s Portal http://ssconline.nic.in by entering the following details :
- Advertisement No.
- Post Category No.
- Name of the candidate
- Father/husband‟s name
- Date of birth
The system will generate a Registration ID which may be noted down or take a print out of the same. Requisite fee amount may be paid through SBI net banking/Credit/Debit Cards by clicking the option “Make Payment”. Thereafter, the Registration ID no. is to be indicated in the space provided for affixing CRFS on the second page of your application form which must be submitted together with supporting documents complete in all respects as mentioned in the Notice so as to reach the Regional office, Guwahati latest by 5 PM of 31st May, 2016 positively.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fees paid by cash, Bank Draft or Pay Order, IPO will not be accepted.
Mode of SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Recruitment 2016 : The Government of India has decided to dispense with interview for all Group ‘C’ and Group ‘B’ non-gazetted posts with effect from 1st January, 2016.The Commission, in conformity with the advice of Department of Personnel & Training, Department of Legal Affairs and various User Departments, devised alternative method for recruitment to Selection Posts.
- In pursuance to above, recruitment for the notified post of Laboratory Assistant would be made through OMR / Computer Based Objective Type Multiple Choice written Examinations comprising of 200 marks with 200 questions carrying one marks each as indicated below :
- General Intelligence – 50 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 Questions
- English Language – 50 Questions
- General Awareness – 50 Questions
Candidates are advised to prepare for the written examination as per the pattern shown above with due reference to the Essential Qualification relevant for the specific post(s) he / she is eligible and as accepted.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for written examination in the ratio of 1:25 for each vacancy subject to availability of sufficient number of eligible candidates.
- Wherever prescribed in the Essential Qualification there will also be Skill tests like Typing / Data Entry / Computer Proficiency test etc. which will be of a qualifying nature.
- Final Merit List will be drawn on the basis of performance in the Written Examination.
- In case of two or more candidates securing same marks in the written examination, the tie will be resolved by the following procedure :-
- On the basis of Date of Birth with the older candidate being placed higher in merit.
- Alphabetical order of first names of the candidates (subject to persistent tie in (a)).
Note : No TA / DA is admissible to any candidates called for the written examination. In other words, Commission is not liable to reimburse TA / DA to any candidates appearing the written examination.
Issue of Call letters for the written examination to shortlisted candidates : Call letters for the written examination will be uploaded on SSC / NER’s website sscner.org.in and will not be sent by post. Candidates are, therefore, advised to frequently check the given website (www.sscner.org.in) for latest development and for downloading of their Call letters pertaining to this advertisement.
How to Apply for SSC NER Laboratory Assistant 2016 : Application must be submitted in the prescribed format as shown in the Notice. It may also be downloaded from the Regional Office‟s website http://www.sscner.org.in. The Application complete in all respects should be sent / submitted to reach the under mentioned address latest by 31st May, 2016 (till 5:00 PM) :
The Regional Director
Staff Selection Commission (NER)
Housefed Complex, Near Last Gate
Dispur, Beltola Basistha Road
Application Liable for Reject : Applications not conforming to the format as published in the Notice, incompletely filled form, application without fee, incomplete supporting certificates / documents, multiple application for same post(s) and application received after closing date, etc. will summarily be rejected.
Submission of Certificates in Support of Essential Qualifications : For posts where an experience in a particular field / discipline for a specified period has been indicated as an Essential Qualification, in such cases the candidates would submit a certificate in support of their claim of experience in that field / discipline issued by concerned competent Authority. Otherwise, the application will summarily stand as rejected.
- If all the essential document / certificate corresponding to the advertised post(s) for which applied is / are not furnish by the candidates along with the application, their candidature is liable to be rejected summarily at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only attested copies of certificates and mark sheets are required to be sent. Candidates at his/her own interest may self attest certificates and mark sheets or obtained attestation of a gazetted Officer and submit the same along with the application. The Original Certificates / Marksheets must not be sent with the application.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Closing Date 2016 : Completed application forms should be received latest by 31st May, 2016 ( till 5.00 P.M. ).
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Age Relaxation 2016 : The Upper age limit as prescribed in respect of each Category will be relaxable :-
- For Government servants up to 40 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government.
- Up to a maximum of 10 years if the candidate is a physically handicapped person. For Central Govt. servants who are physically handicapped ( OH-OA, OL; HH-PD ), the maximum age relaxation of 10 years permissible for such category of physically handicapped candidates shall be in addition to the age relaxation provided in terms of (i) above;
- Up to a maximum of 5 years to candidates of Jammu and Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989 ( Any person intending to avail of the aforesaid relaxation shall submit the certificate from either District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority so designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989);
Note : Since the post advertised pertains to Unreserved vacancies, the normal benefit of age relaxation in respect of reserved categories like SC / ST / OBC is not applicable except the age relaxation that is admissible to a Central Govt. servant and to a PH[OH-OA/OL & HH-PD]. However, they can apply and compete for the post(s) subject to fulfilling all the eligibility criteria as required for candidates of the unreserved category.
SSC NER Laboratory Assistant Age Concession for Ex-S 2016 :
- For Group ‘B’ Posts : The upper age limit shall be relaxed by the length of military service increased by three years in the case of Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers.
- For Group ‘C’ Posts : 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the Closing date.
Explanation : An Ex-Serviceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union and :-
- Who retired from such service after earning of his / her pension. This would also include persons who are retired / retire at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment, or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specified period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :-
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service,
- Persons with disability attributable to military service, and
- Gallantry award winners.
- Ex-servicemen who have already joined government job in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as Ex-S for their reemployment are eligible only for age concession. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex-serviceman & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for this recruitment.
- The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-S in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for the purpose of age relaxation.
- For any servicemen of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post, the status of Ex-Serviceman and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces and that he would be discharged / released within the stipulated period of one year from the Closing Date( i.e., 31st May, 2016 ) on completion of his assignment. The format of certificates / undertaking to be submitted by the candidates claiming the benefits / concessions as Exserviceman
Note : Age concession is not admissible to the sons, daughters and dependents of ex-servicemen.
Age Relaxation for Central Government Civilian Employees : The Upper age limit up to 40 years is relaxable as per Govt orders in force to the Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on ad-hoc basis) as on closing date.
Note-1 : The Central Government Civilian Employees should have rendered not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on Ad-hoc basis) as on the closing date and should remain in Central Government service holding civil post in various Department / Offices of Government of India till the candidate receives offer of Appointment from the Office / Department where the candidate gets finally recommended for appointment.
Note-2 : Central Govt. Civilian Employees claiming the benefit of age-relaxation as Central Govt. employee would be required to submit a Certificate from their office indicating length of service at the time of applying for the post to enable the Commission to decide their eligibility. They may send their applications directly to the Commission after intimating their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. However, in case they decide to send Applications through proper channel, they must ensure that the application is complete in all respects and should reach Staff Selection Commission by the closing date. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed shall in no case be relaxed.
Important Requirement of PH Certificate :
- A disability certificate shall be issued by a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central/State Government. The State Government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least 3 members, out of which, at least, one member shall be a Specialist from the relevant field.
- The certificate would be valid for a period of 5 years for those whose disability is temporary. For those who acquired permanent disability, the validity can be shown as ‘permanent’,
- According to the Persons with Disabilities [( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1996 notified on 31.12.1996 by the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-Section (1) and (2) of Section 73 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996)], authorities to give disability Certificate will be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central / State Government. The State government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotors/hearing and speech disability, mental retardation and leprosy cured, as the case may be.
Note : The requisite PH certificate must be submitted along with the application.
Vacancies Advertised are Subject to Variation. The Commission reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at a later stage in the event of unavoidable circumstance that may evolve whatsoever and on administrative ground.
Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
Job requirements of the post is / are mentioned under the advertised categorised post(s) to facilitate the candidates to understand the main functions to be performed after appointment to the posts.
All candidates in Govt. Service whether in a permanent or in temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees, or those serving under Public enterprises, will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the post. These candidates may send their applications directly to the Commission after intimating to their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. However, in case, they decide to send a copy through proper channel, they must ensure that the application, complete in all respects, reaches the Staff Selection Commission by the closing date. Applications shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all respects, as provided in the rules.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidate applying to appear at the Proficiency Test / Screening Test / Interview, their applications shall be rejected / candidature shall be cancelled.
No person ( a ) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living; or ( b ) who having a spouse, living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to service. Provided that Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
A candidate must be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient discharge of his duties as an officer of the service. A candidate who after such medical examination as may be prescribed by the competent authority, is found not satisfying these requirements, will not be appointed.
Any dispute in regard to this recruitment will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over the place of the Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission ( NER ), Guwahati, only. Candidates should note that in the event of furnishing / submitting false information / documents etc. resulting to misguiding the Commission which came to light or found at any stage of the recruitment, his / her candidature will summarily stands cancelled and is liable to be debarred forthwith from appearing any future examinations conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Periods of the debarment may range from a minimum of 3 years to a maximum of 10 years.
Candidates must submit separate applications and pay the fee separately for each category of post in case they wish to apply for more than one category of posts. Candidates should also note that one envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
After Scrutiny of the applications, the Commission publishes a list of ineligible candidates in the website of SSC ( NER ) – http://www.sscner.org.in Candidates in their own interest are advised to go through the website periodically and check the status of their candidature. If anyone in the ineligible list feels that he / she is eligible for the post, he / she may represent within the stipulated time limit given in the website along with documentary proof in support of his/her claim of eligibility, failing which no further representations / requests will be entertained.
The application, complete in all respects, should reach the Regional Director ( address given below ) latest by 31st May, 2016 Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained.
Address for Sending Application :
The Regional Director,
Staff Selection Commission( NER ),
West End Building,
Beltola Basistha Road,
Dispur, Guwahati – 781 006 (Assam).
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed in bold letters as “Application for the Post of_____ ( write the Name of the Post applied for ) Advertised Vide Category No._____( write post category as given in the notice ) OF ADVT. NO.1/2016-NER.