Closing Date for SSC North Eastern Region 2014 Recruitment : 06.01.2014 ( 5 PM ).
Staff Selection Commission North Eastern Region 2014 applications are invited for the following post :
Category No. NER ( B ) – 01
One post of Assistant Librarian re-designated as Library Information Assistant, General Central Service Group ‘B’ Non – Gazetted in North Eastern Council Secretariat, Govt. of India, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Nongrim Hills, Shillong.
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Pay Scale : PB – 2 : 9300 – 34800 + Grade pay 4200/-.
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Vacancy : 1 ( Unreserved ).
Note 1 : The post is identified not suitable for being manned by persons with Disabilities ( PH : OH / HH / VH ) and such categories need not apply.
Note 2 : OBCs, SCs & STs possessing the EQ and within the age limit are eligible to apply and compete for the Unreserved vacancy. No age relaxation is applicable as the vacant post is not earmarked for any reserved category.
Age Limit for SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 : 18 – 25 years as on the closing date ( Relaxable for Government servants upto 35 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government. ).
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Essential Qualification : Graduate of a recognised university with Degree or Diploma in Library Science from a recognised Institute.
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Desirable Qualification : One years experience in library work.
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Initial Posting : NEC Secretariat, Shillong.
A.I.S.L. : No, the incumbent shall be posted in the NEC Secretariat, Shillong.
SSC NER Assistant Librarian 2014 Job Requirement :
- Accessioning of new arrivals of books / journals.
- Technical works such as classification of books / journals / publications, etc.
- Dealing of files relating to Library matters.
- Maintenance of register for issue and return of books.
- Maintenance of records for purchase of new books / journals, etc.
- Disposing off of old newspapers / magazines, etc.
- Subject wise arrangement and shelving of books.
- Computerization of Library books, etc.
- Maintenance of records for selling of NEC publications, etc.
- Maintenance of records for sale proceeds of photo-copying of library books / journals, etc.
- Services to the reader.
- To assist the Librarian and performing other duties as and when assigned relating to maintenance of library.
Period of Probation : 2 ( two ) years.
Instructions to Candidates :
1. Abbreviations Used : EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, UR : Unreserved, SC : Schedule Caste; ST : Schedule Tribe, OBC : Other Backward Classes; PH : Physically Handicapped; CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, AISL : All India Service Liability, IP : Initial Posting, JR : Job-Requirement, POP : Period of Probation, OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped; HH : Hearing Handicapped; VH : Visually Handicapped; i.e. that is ExS : Ex-Servicemen.
2. SSC NER 2014 Fee Payable : 50/- ( Rupees fifty ) only : No fee for Women candidate, Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes.
Note : Fees to be paid in the form of CRFS only. Detail Mode of Payment of examination fee has been indicated in Para 7 of important instructions.