Staff Selection Commission ( North Eastern Region ),
Ministry of Water Resources,
Central Ground Water Board,
Bhujal Bhawan, NH-IV,
Faridabad – 121 001.
SSC North Eastern Region invites applications from suitable OBCs and who have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria as shown below for filling up of one SSC post of Senior Scientific Assistant-III, General Central Service, Group ‘ B ‘, ( Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial ).
Category No : NER ( B ) – 01
SSC Pay Scale : 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4600/-
Vacancy in SSC : 1 ( OBC ) ( since the post is identified not suitable for OH / HH / VH, such PH persons need not apply ).
Age : Not exceeding 30 years ( Relaxable for Government servants upto five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt. )
Important Note for SSC NER Region Recruitment 2012 :
- Since the SSC NER post is reserved for OBCs, the maximum age limit will be 30 + 3 =33 years & – in the event of his / her being a Central Govt. Civilian Employees with regular 3 years continuous service, another 5 years age relaxation is admissible.
- The crucial date for determining the age limit for SSC shall be the closing date for receipt of Staff Selection Commission application.
- The OBC certificate submitted along with the duly filled in SSC 2012 Online application form must be as per the prescribed format given in the notice. That, the OBC certificate issued by the competent Authority and copy thereof submitted by the concerned candidate must not be more than three years old as on the closing date for receipt of the Staff Selection Commission 2012 application.
E.Q. : Master’s degree in Geophysics or Applied Geophysics from a recognised University or equivalent.
D.Q. : Two years experience of Geophysical investigations related to ground water exploration.
I.P. : NER, Guwahati.
A.I.S.L. : Yes.
- To assist in all types of Geophysics activities as may be allotted.
- He has to conduct and assist the work of Geophysical investigation and commute the data and maintaining the equipment taken in the field.
- Assistance to SSC Senior Officers as and when required besides he has to process the data and assist in preparation of maps and plates and in tabulation. He has to take up routine checking of equipment.
P.O.P : 2 ( two ) years.
N.B : Since the Staff Selection Commission post is reserved for OBC category, others need not apply.
Instructions to candidates for SSC NER Recruitment 2012 :
1. Abbreviations Used :
- EQ : Essential Qualification
- DQ : Desirable Qualification
- OBC : Other Backward Classes
- PH : Physically Handicapped
- OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped
- HH : Hearing Handicapped
- VH : Visually Handicapped
- CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps
- AISL : All India Service Liability
- IP : Initial Posting
- JR : Job-Requirement
- POP : Period of Probation
- i.e. : that is.
2. Fee Payable : 50/- ( Rupees fifty ) only : No fee for women candidates.
Note : Mode of payment of SSC NER examination fee has been indicated in Para 7 of important instructions.
Closing Date : 30 Days ( Till 5 P.M ) from the date of publication of the advertisement in the employment news.