22. A. Age Relaxation for SSC NER Recruitment 2015 :
- The upper age-limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years to candidates of Jammu and Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989 ( Any person intending to avail of the aforesaid relaxation shall submit the certificate from either District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority so designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 );
- The upper age-limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years to candidates of PH – OH in respect of posts advertised vide cat.No.1-B and 2-B;
- The upper age limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 3 years to candidates of OBCs against the post reserved for them in Cat.No.1-B;
- Similarly, the upper Age-limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years to candidates of SCs against the post reserved for them in Cat.No.2-B.
Note – I : No age relaxation would be available in respect of SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies under advertised.
Note – II : Other Backward Class ( OBC ) for the purpose of Age Relaxation and Reservation will mean “Persons of OBC category not belonging to the Creamy Layer” as defined in Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. ( SCT ), dated 08.09.1993 and modified thereafter.
Note – III : Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation under OBC category not covered under the Creamy Layer must ensure that they furnish the OBC certificate duly signed by the competent authority before or by the closing date ( 20.04.2015 ) in the format prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission in the notice as appendix – IV & IV-(A). Any deviation of the OBC Certificate from the prescribed format will not be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission and will lead such applications to be treated under General ( UR ) category, if they are otherwise eligible age-wise. Representations from candidates for reconsideration of their category at subsequent stages of the recruitment will not be entertained. The Staff Selection Commission will however have the discretionary power to reduce / waive off any of the provisions in exceptional and deserving cases.
Note – IV : The closing date for receipt of applications will be treated as the date for OBC status of the candidate and also for assuring that the candidate does not fall in the creamy layer. Candidates claiming OBC status may note that certificate on Creamy Layer Status should have been obtained within three years before the closing date i.e., 20.04.2015.
The Staff Selection Commission has decided to accept OBC certificate, in the prescribed format, issued after the closing date but before the last tier of the examination i.e., Interview / Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test / Document Verification, as the case may be, as valid proof of belonging to non-creamy layer of OBC.
22. B. Age Relaxation for Central Government Civilian Employees :
- For all the advertised posts vide Cat.No.1-B, 2-B and 3-B, the upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years as per Govt orders in force to the Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on ad-hoc basis ) as on closing date;
- In respect of OBCs and SCs, for whom reserved vacancy exist vide Cat.No.1-B and 3-B, and who is / are Central Government Civilian Employees, the upper age limit relaxable will be 30 + 3 years and 30+5 years respectively subject to render of not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on ad-hoc basis ).
Note 1 : The Central Government Civilian Employees should have rendered not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on Ad-hoc basis ) as on the closing date ( 20.04.2015 ) and should remain in Central Government service holding civil post in various Department / Offices of Government of India till the candidate receives offer of Appointment from the Office / Department where the candidate gets finally recommended for appointment.
Note 2 : Central Govt. Civilian Employees claiming the benefit of age-relaxation as Central Govt. employee would be required to submit a Certificate ( as per Appendix – V ) from their office indicating length of service at the time of applying for the post to enable the Staff Selection Commission to decide their eligibility. They may send their applications directly to the Staff Selection Commission after intimating their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. However, in case they decide to send Applications through proper channel, they must ensure that the application is complete in all respects and should reach Staff Selection Commission by the closing date ( i.e. 20.04.2015 ).
22. C. Age Concession for Ex-S :
- For Group ‘B’ Posts : The upper age limit shall be relaxed by the length of military service increased by three years in the case of Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers.
- For Group ‘C’ Posts : 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Explanation :An Ex-Serviceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union and :
- Who retired from such service after earning of his / her pension. This would also include persons who are retired / retire at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specified period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service,
- Persons with disability attributable to military service, and
- Gallantry award winners.
- Ex-servicemen who have already joined government job in civil side after availing the benefit given to them as Ex-S for their reemployment are eligible only for age concession. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex-serviceman & would have to pay the requisite fee of 50/- for this recruitment.
- The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-S in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for the purpose of age relaxation.
- For any servicemen of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of age relaxation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post, the status of Ex-Serviceman and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces and that he would be discharged / released within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date ( i.e., 20.04.2015 ) on completion of his assignment. The format of certificates / undertaking to be submitted by the candidates claiming the benefits / concessions as Ex-serviceman, are given in Appendix I & II.Note : Age concession is not admissible to the sons, daughters and dependents of Ex-Servicemen.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed shall in no case be relaxed.
22. D. Important Requirement of PH Certificate
- A disability certificate shall be issued by a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central and the State Government. The State Government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least 3 members, out of which, at least, one member shall be a specialist from the relevant field.
- The certificate would be valid for a period of 5 years for those whose disability is temporary. For those who acquired permanent disability, the validity can be shown as ‘permanent’.
- According to the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1996 notified on 31.12.1996 by the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-Section (1) and (2) of Section 73 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 ( 1 of 1996 ), authorities to give disability Certificate will be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central and the State Government. The State government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotors / hearing and speech disability, mental retardation and leprosy cured, as the case may be.