SSC North Eastern Region Recruitment for Junior Hindi Translator
Applications are invited for the following SSC NER posts :
Cat.No.NER (C)-01 :
Three post of SSC Junior Hindi Translator (Group ‘C Non-Gazetted, Non Ministerial, Non Technical) in Ministry of Defence, O/o the Controller of Defence Accounts, Guwahati.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Pay Scale : 9300-34800 with G.P.4200/-.
SSC Vacancy : 3 (UR-2, SC-1) (The posts are identified not suitable for PH persons).
Age : Not exceeding 28 years (Relaxable for Government servants upto 40 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government) as on the closing date.
1. Masters degree of a recognized University in Hindi / English with English / Hindi as a compulsory / elective subject at degree level. Or
2. Masters degree of a recognized University in any subject with Hindi & English as a compulsory / elective subject at degree level. Or
3. Masters degree in Hindi & English or any other subject with Hindi / English medium with English / Hindi as a compulsory / elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level. Or
4. Masters degree of a recognized University in any subject with Hindi / English medium and English / Hindi as a compulsory / elective subject at degree level. Or
5. A Bachelors degree with Hindi & English as a compulsory / elective subject or either of the two as a medium of examination and other as a compulsory / elective subject Plus recognized diploma / certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice-versa or two years experience of translation work from Hindi to English & vice-versa in Central / State Government Offices including Government of India Undertakings. Or
1. Sanskrit as one of the subject in the degree or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of any modern Indian Language other than Hindi.
LP. : Guwahati.
AISL : Yes.
J.R. : Translation from Hindi to English and English to Hindi.
P.O.P.: 2 (two) years.
Instructions to SSC NER Recruitment Candidates :
1. Abbreviations Used :
EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, GP : Grade Pay, UR : Unreserved, SC : Schedule Caste, EXS : Ex-Servicemen, CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps
AISL : All India Service – Liability, IP : Initial Posting, JR : Job – Requirement, POP : Period of Probation, i.e. : that is.
2. SSC NER Examination Fee Payable :
50/-(Rupees fifty) only :
No fee for women candidate, SC / ST and EXS. However, no fee concession would be admissible to EXS who would otherwise be considered as general candidate in terms of para 6 (B) (v) of important instructions and those Service Clerks in the last year of their service.
Such candidates would be required to pay the requisite fee. Fee concession is also not admissible to sons, daughters and dependents of EXS.
Note : Mode of payment of SSC North Eastern Region examination fee has been indicated in Para 7 of important instructions.
3. Mode of SSC NER Selection in SSC Recruitment 2010 :
Candidates fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualifications will be shortlisted based on their educational qualifications, academic records, percentage of marks etc. or through a screening test at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
Candidates, thus, selected may be required to undergo a written proficiency test / skill test wherever applicable / required or considered necessary by the Commission at its discretion. The Staff Selection Commission holds discretion to fix different qualifying standard for different categories in the proficiency test wherever applicable.
Candidates qualified on the basis of merit of proficiency test if any held, would be required to appear at the SSC NER interview.
Final select list would be prepared in order of merit as disclosed by the aggregate marks (marks of Proficiency – Test / skill test wherever applicable and interview) finally awarded to each candidate taking into account the number of SSC NER vacancies advertised and in that order so many candidates as are found suitable by the Staff Selection Commission would be recommended.
Provided further that SC candidates who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standard alongwith candidates belonging to other communities will not be adjusted against the reserved share of Staff Selection Commission NER vacancies.
The reserved SSC NER vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs which will thus comprise SC candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment even by relaxed standards.