SSC MPR Recruitment 2014 Selection for Junior Chemist, Junior Technical Assistant, Storekeeper – Junior Chemist Vacancies | Junior Chemist Age Limit | Junior Chemist Age Relaxation | Junior Chemist Application Form
11. Selection Procedures :
A. Preliminary Selection :
- Usually, the selection to the posts will be made on the basis of an Interview / Personality Test / Skill Test. Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualifications etc. will not entitle a applicant to be called for the Interview / Personality Test / Skill Test. Commission may make a preliminary selection of applicants on the basis of their educational qualifications, academic records, percentage of marks, etc., and the applicants thus selected will be required to undergo an Interview / Personality Test / Skill Test.
- The Commission, may at its discretion, decide to hold a Proficiency Test in appropriate subject for any of the categories of posts or to make a screening of applicants on the basis of percentage of marks on the EQ, where it is felt necessary, before the applicants are called for Interview / Personality Test / Skill Test / Proficiency Test.
- The Commission may at its discretion, waive holding of Proficiency Test in those categories of posts where a Proficiency Test has been prescribed.
- Detailed programme / schedule of such screening test, if and when decided to be held, will be posted at Commission’s website ( www.sscmpr.org ). Candidates are, therefore, advised to visit the regional website from time to time in their own interest.
Note : The Interview / Personality Test is structured in such a manner that the applicants interests, knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc. are probed, among other things, through academic qualifications, extra curricular activities, general awareness / knowledge, depth of knowledge of the subject studied on the level of ‘Essential Qualification’ for the post, communicative skill and personality etc.
B. Screening Test :
- The Commission may, at its discretion decide to hold a screening test for any of the categories where it is felt necessary before Interview / Personality Test / Proficiency Test / Skill Test.
- The Commission may, at its discretion, where it is felt necessary, without holding Screening Test may screen the applicants by the method of short listing on the basis of percentage of marks on the prescribed Essential Qualification for the post.
- Only such of the applicants who qualify in the screening test or otherwise at the standard fixed by the Commission at their discretion would be eligible for being called for the Interview / Personality Test / Proficiency Test / Skill Test.
C. Recommendation for Appointment :
- The Commission will have the full discretion to fix separate minimum qualifying marks in Examination / Skill Test / Screening Test / Personality Test / Interview for each category of candidates [ viz. SC / ST / OBC / PH / ExS / General ( UR ) ].
- After the Examination ( Skill Test / Screening Test / Personality Test / Interview wherever applicable ), the Commission will draw up the Merit List on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Examination and, in that order, as many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment up to the number of unreserved vacancies available.
- SC, ST and OBC candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, along with candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST and OBC candidates will be accommodated against the general / unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SC, ST and OBC candidates which will, thus, comprise of SC, ST and OBC candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment even by relaxed standard.
- A person with physical disability ( OH / HH / VH ) who qualifies the Commission’s examination under General Standards can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for person with disability of relevant category.
- An Ex-Serviceman or Physically Handicapped ( OH / HH / VH ) category candidate who qualifies on the basis of relaxed standards viz. age limit, experience or qualifications, permitted number of chances in written examination, extended zone of consideration, etc. is to be counted against reserved vacancies and not against general vacancies subject to fitness of such candidate for selection. Such candidates may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent the number of vacancies reserved for them, to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit. Insofar as cases of Ex-Serviceman are concerned, deduction from the age of Ex-Serviceman is permissible against the reserved or unreserved posts and such exemption cannot be termed as relaxed standards in regard to age.
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless the Government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service / post.
Note : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the written examination and interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
D. Resolution of Tie Cases :
If there are candidates having the same aggregate marks in the Examination the candidate older in age gets preference. Lastly, if the tie still persists, the tie is finally resolved by referring to the alphabetical order of names, i.e., a candidate whose name begins with the alphabet which comes first in the alphabetical order gets preference. In case where the Commission administers Common Screening Test ( CST ), the extant instructions on the subject would be followed.
Note : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the Examination / Skill Test / Screening Test / Personality Test / Interview wherever applicable, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission. The Commission reserves the right to call for the Original documents pertaining to Age, Educational Qualification, Category Status viz SC / ST / OBC / Ex-S / PH etc., any time till final nomination of the candidate. Failure on the part of the candidate to furnish the original documents within the stipulated time period fix by the Commission could entail cancellation of their candidature.