SSC Karnataka-Kerala Region Vacancies 2011
Category No. 1/BG :
Name of the SSC Post & Department : Sub Inspector / Fire in Central Industrial Security Force, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Vacancy in SSC : 15 – UR, 06 – OBC, 03 – SC & 01 – ST ( The post is identified not suitable for PH candidates )
Sub Inspector Pay Scale : 9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of 4200/- ( Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted ).
Age Limit for Sub Inspector : 20 – 30 years ( Relaxable by 05 years to Central Government civilian employees in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, Relaxable by 05 years for Departmental candidates, Relaxable by 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC and ST )
Essential Qualification for Sub Inspector : A Degree in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of a recognized University or equivalent. Or
Matriculation or equivalent and three years diploma in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Automobiles, Chemical, Mining, Aeronautical, Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent examination passed from recognized University or Board or Institutions.
Sub Inspector Desirable Qualification :
- Having passed Fire fighting course from a recognized institutions.
- Proficiency in games, sports and athletes, membership of national cadet corps.
Physical Standard for Sub Inspector :
- Height :
- General candidates – 170 Cms
- Candidates belonging to Hill areas of the Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladhakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States – 165 Cms.
- Tribals / Adivasis including Mizos and Nagas – 162.5 Cms.
- Chest :
- General – 81 – 86 Cms
- Tribals / Adivasis including Mizos and Nagas – 77 – 82 Cms.
- Weight – Corresponding to height.
- Medical Standard : Eye Sight :
Distant Vision Better eye Corrected Near Vision Worse eye Corrected Vision 6/6 Vision 6/12
- Candidates for appointment are required to pass colour vision test.
- The candidate must not have knock-knees, Flat feet or squint in eye. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Initial Posting for Sub Inspector : Anywhere in India.
Job Requirements for Sub Inspector :
SI / Fire will be shift in charge of Fire station; he will attend all fire call / emergencies during his shift hours. He will supervise all Firefighting and rescue operations with the consultation of his superiors; he will maintain fire station area, firefighting equipment and appliances to keep them in perfect working condition. He will be responsible to maintain all relevant documents in his shift and also ensure the effective relevant documents in his shift and also ensure the effective functioning of fire station with high standards. He will obey / execute other orders / duties as assigned by his seniors.
Category No.2/BG :
Name of the Staff Selection Commission Post & Department : Research Assistant in Central Institute of Indian Languages, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Vacancy in Research Assistant : 04 – UR, 02 – OBC, 01 – SC ( The SSC post is identified not suitable for PH candidates )
Pay Scale for Research Assistant : 9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of 4600/- ( Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted )
Research Assistant Age Limit : Not exceeding 30 years ( Relaxable up to 35 years to Central Government civilian employees in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC and No age relaxation for ST )
Research Assistant Essential Qualification :
- Master’s Degree in Linguistics / Comparative Philology / Indian Language and Literature / Psychology / Education / Sociology / Anthropology / Folklore / Statistics from a recognized University or equivalent.
- One year research / teaching experience.
- Proficiency in any Indian Language as a subject at the Secondary School Level in the case of Master of Arts in Linguistics or Comparative Philology or as a subject at the degree level in the case of master of Arts in subjects other than Linguistics and comparative Philology.
Desirable Qualification for Research Assistant : Nil.
Research Assistant Initial Posting : Mysore with AISL
Job Requirements for Research Assistant :
- The Research Assistant has been assigned both the Academic as well as Administrative work of the Institute.
- They are to assist the Institute in Linguistic and Inter Disciplinary Research, Development of Language, Teaching of Language, Material Production in 20 Schedule Languages and more than 100 Non Schedule Languages including Tribal, North East, Minority Languages.
- To collaborate holding of Seminars, Workshops, summer institutes and shortterm courses like NI Camps, Refresher Courses, Orientation Courses etc. and settlement of accounts.
- Development of methods, materials and aids for teaching Indian Languages and conduct of language courses.
- To undertake such other activities as are found necessary for achieving the objectives of the RLC / Institute and conduct various of workshop, seminars as Financial and Academic Co-ordinator.
- Research Assistant under take such other activities like helping the RRO / Professor-cum-Deputy Director / Director in Academic matter.
Category No.3/BG :
Name of the Post & Department : Senior Scientific Assistant-III in Directorate of Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage, Ministry of Agriculture
Vacancy in Senior Scientific Assistant III : 02-UR, 03 – OBC, 01 – SC & 01 – ST ( The post is identified not suitable for PH candidates )
Senior Scientific Assistant III Pay Scale : 9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of 4200/- ( Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted ).
Age Limit for Senior Scientific Assistant III : 18 – 25 years ( Relaxable by 15 years for Central Government Civilian servants in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government, Relaxable by 15 years for Departmental candidates, 03 years for OBC, 05 years for SC and 05 years for ST )
Essential Qualification for Senior Scientific Assistant III : B.Sc ( Agriculture )
Senior Scientific Assistant III Desirable Qualification : Nil.
Initial Posting for Senior Scientific Assistant : Mangalore, Calicut, Alleppy, Beypore, Karwar and Vizhinjam with AISL.
Job Requirements for Senior Scientific Assistant :
- To conduct and assist in conducting the inspection of imported plants / plant materials to enforce the DIP Act 1914 and PFS Order 1989 issued there under, with a view to preclude the entry of exotic pests, disease, nematodes, weeds, virus, bacteria, mites etc.
- To undertake and assist in undertaking the export certification of plants and plant materials for issuance of Phytosanitary Certificate in pursuance to International Plant Protection Convention 1951 of FAC.
- To identify / confirm and assist in identification / confirmation of pests, diseases, weeds, nematodes, mites, virus, bacteria in the laboratory.
- To assist in formulating the global technical information on pests, diseases, nematodes, treatment, etc., also in developing Pest Risk Analysis based on the available technical literature in India as well as abroad.
- To undertake and assist in undertaking the treatment of imported/exportable plants / plants materials pertaining to disinfection / disinfestation.
- To handle and assist in operating high-tech laboratory equipments like ELISA, X-Ray machine, Ultracentrafuse, etc.
- To undertake and assist in undertaking various laboratory investigations like Blotter Test, Nematode Detection Test, Incubation Test and also Grow-out Test in the glass house / polyhouse / mesh house.
Responsibilities likely to be assigned to SSA-III in the near future.
- To assist in the Laboratory investigations with Electron microscope and other softwares.
- To assist in the development of international standards to comply with the provisions of World Trade Organisation and Sanitary & Phytosanitary measures / International Plant Protection Convention.
Category No.4/BG :
Name of the Post & Department : Research Assistant in National Centre for Disease Control, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Research Assistant Vacancy : 01- UR ( The post is identified suitable for OH candidates )
Pay Scale for Research Assistant : 9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of 4200/- ( Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted ).
Research Assistant Age Limit : Not exceeding 30 years (No age relaxation for OBC / SC / ST candidates.
Relaxable upto 40 years for Central Government Civilian servants in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government, Relaxable upto 40 years for Departmental candidates, Relaxable upto 40 years for PH candidates )
Research Assistant Essential Qualification : Master’s Degree in relevant speciality i.e., Zoology / Microbiology / Biochemistry.
Desirable Qualification for Research Assistant : Two years’ practical experience in a Medical / Research Laboratory.
Research Assistant Initial Posting : Bangalore with AISL.
Job Requirements for Research Assistant : To assist in Research Work / Health Programmes, Field visits during epidemic etc.
Category No.5/BG :
Name of the Post & Department : Assistant Librarian in Central Institute of Indian Languages, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Assistant Librarian Vacancy : 01- OBC ( The post is identified not suitable for PH candidates )
Pay Scale for Assistant Librarian : 9300-34800/-with Grade Pay of 4200/- ( Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted ).
Assistant Librarian Age Limit : 18 – 25 years ( Relaxable by 3 years for OBC, Relaxable by 5 years for Central Government Civilian servants in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Government, Relaxable by 10 years for Departmental candidates ).
Essential Qualification for Assistant Librarian :
- Degree of a recognized University.
- Diploma in Library Science of a recognized University.
Assistant Librarian Desirable Qualification : Nil.
Assistant Librarian Initial Posting : Mysore with AISL.
Job Requirements for Assistant Librarian :
- Acquisition of books indexing, accessing & cataloguing. Reference if services to scholars and Departmental Officers. Maintenance, issue and movement of Library books and periodicals stock.
- To register all bibliographies, items found in the library eg: books, computer, captions, files, graphics, cartography, materials etc.
- Card catalog, users generation, online public access catalog.
- Preparation of catalog cards, author cards, title catalog, key word catalog, systematic catalog, shelf list catalog, main entry, sorting, online catalog, descriptive catalog, subject cataloguing. Cataloguing of Rules of various library materials and to assist Principal, Faculty Member, Staff & Teacher-Trainees, in classification system to use and to show what the library has collating objectives to assist in the choice of a book.Collation i.e., assembly of written information into a standard order. Sorting of numbers : Numerical and Alphabetical, External links and references, Multilingual ordering, Unicode collation Name / Surname colony ordering Maintenance & library received, issue / daily news paper magazine, journal Stock entry of books processing of bills, checking of conversion rate, monitoring Financial assets of the Library etc. To enable a person to find a book of which either identifying the objectives (i) The author (ii) title (iii) subject (iv) category
- Assistant Librarian of the Centre will supervise the work of the Library and guide the Officer I/C of the Library-Centre.