SSC Eastern Region Recruitment 2011
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Personnel & Training,
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace,
1st MSO Building, 8th Floor,
Kolkata – 700 020.
Telephone : ( 033 ) – 22902230 / 4422 / 4424 ( Fax )
Website : sscer.org
E-mail : email@example.com
SSC Eastern Region invites applications from Citizens of India under Para-3 of this Notice, for the following Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ Selection Post. Description of SSC posts are mentioned at Para-1 and other terms and conditions are mentioned at Para-4 to Para-20 of this Notice. Willing applicants under Para-3 of this Notice are advised to go through all parameters under different Paras and Sub-Paras of this Notice and satisfy themselves about their suitability on Age limit and Essential Qualification(s) for the Staff Selection Commission Eastern Region posts, before applying. Closing date for the receipt of applications for SSC Eastern Region is 26.12.2011.
1. Description of SSC Post
1.1 Category No. of SSC Post : ER-01
Name of SSC Post : Sepoy
SSC Classification : Group ‘C’, Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial
Sepoy Vacancy : 34 ( UR-20, SC-04, ST-03, OBC-07 )
Department : Narcotics Control Bureau, M/o Home Affairs
Age : 18 to 23 years. ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions )
PSL : 5200–20200/-, Grade Pay 1800 /-, ( PB-1 )
E.Q. for Sepoy : Should have passed the Matriculation Examination or its equivalent
D.Q. : Nil
Physical Standard for Sepoy :
For Male : 170 cms
For Female : 157 cms
For Male :
Unexpanded : 80 cms
Expanded : minimum expansion of 5 cms
Note : There shall be no minimum requirement of chest in case of female candidates.
Weight : For males and female candidates :
Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
SSC Relaxation :
- Minimum height for men belonging to hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States shall be 165 cms.For females, the minimum height shall be 155 cms.The minimum height for Tribes / Adivasis ( Scheduled Tribes ) Shall be 162.5 cms for males and 150 cms for females.
- Chest – relaxation in chest is applicable to only tribals ( Scheduled Tribes ) and hill people. The minimum chest for this category of personnel is as under :
- Men belonging to hill areas specified as above 78-83 cms.
- Scheduled Tribes of all States and UTs : 76-81 cms.
Power of relaxation in SSC :
The power to relax any of the eligibility criteria as mentioned above will rest with Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau.
The medical and physical standards are as per the instructions of the Government of India prescribed for direct recruitment of constables in Central Para Military Forces.
SSC Medical Standard :
- Eye sight : The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction, i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, bow legs, varicose vein, squint in eyes, any loss of part of body and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfare with the effective performance of the duties.
Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) :
Male candidates :
- Five kilometres race to be completed within 24 minutes.
- 11 feet long jump ( three chances to be given ).
- 3-1/2 feet high jump ( three chances to be given ).
Female candidates :
- 1.6 kilometres race to be completed within 8.3 minutes.
- 9 feet long jump ( three chances to be given ).
- 3 feet high jump ( three chances to be given ).
Different offices of NCB in Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, Orissa, West Bengal, Jharkhand & Bihar with AISL.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in enforcement of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in collection, development of Intelligence.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer during Investigation, search, seizure and arrest of drug traffickers having national and international ramifications.
- To assist the Intelligence Officer in identification and destruction of illicit opium and cannabis cultivation.
- To be deployed for surveillance duties ( over drug traffickers ) during the day & night.
- To be deployed for serving the summons.
- Performing the guard duties for safe custody of the accused.
- Carrying out any other duties assigned by superior officers.
Instruction for PH candidates :
SSC Sepoy post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
1.2 Category No. of Post : ER-02
Name of Post : Draftsman
Classification : General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Vacancy for Draftsman : 01 ( UR-01 )
Department : Anthropological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture, Department of Culture.
PSL : 5200–20200/- + Grade Pay 2800, ( PB-1 )
- Must have passed Matriculation or equivalent qualification of a recognized University or Board or Institution.
- Certificate in Draftsmanship ( Civil ) of a recognized Institution.
D.Q. : Experience of work as Draftsman ( Maps, Charts and line drawing )
I.P. : Kolkata with AISL
- To prepare Maps and Charts for scientific reports of the Anthropological Survey of India.
- Any other work as and when assigned by the sectional heads.
Instruction for PH candidates :
SSC Draftsman post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
Note (I) :
More SSC Eastern Region vacancies in equivalent / comparable posts may also be filled through SSC Eastern Region advertisement. Further, vacancies mentioned above are subject to alteration.
Note (II) :
Above vacancies in SSC Eastern Region 2011 are those vacancies as reported to the commission by the different indenting offices. The Staff Selection Commission is not responsible ‘For withdrawal of those SSC vacancies, for the reason whatsoever, by those indenting offices’.
2. Abbreviations Used
SSC: Staff Selection Commission; M/o: Ministry of, D/o: Department of, O/o: Office of, I.P.O.: Indian Postal Order, CRFS: Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, Age: Age-limit, PSL: Pay-Scale, EQ: Essential Qualification, DQ: Desirable Qualification, IP: Initial Posting, AISL: All India Service Liability, JR: Job Requirements, UR: Unreserved, GEN: General, OBC: Other Backward Classes, SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, ExS: Ex-Serviceman, PH: Physically Handicapped, OH: Orthopaedically Handicapped, HH: Hearing Handicapped, VH: Visually Handicapped, OA: One arm affected, OL: One leg affected, BL: Both legs affected, PD: Partially Deaf, LV: Low vision, CGCE: Central Government Civilian Employee; NA: Not Applicable; OEA: Other Employed Applicant, Notice: Notice of Examination published in the Employment News, dated 26.11.2011.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.