Recruitment for SSC Eastern Region 2011
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Personnel & Training,
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace,
1st MSO Building, 8th Floor,
Kolkata – 700 020.
Telephone : ( 033 ) – 22902230 / 4422 / 4424 ( Fax )
Web-Site : sscer.org
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
SSC Eastern Region recruitment invites applications from Citizens of India under Para-3 of this Notice, for the following Group ‘B’ Selection Post. Description of SSC post is mentioned at Para-1 and other terms and conditions are mentioned at Para-4 to Para-20 of this Notice. Willing applicants under Para-3 of this Notice are advised to go through all parameters under different Paras and Sub-Paras of this Notice and satisfy themselves about their suitability on Age limit for SSC Handicrafts Promotion Officer and Essential Qualification(s) for the posts, before applying.
1. Description of SSC Post
1.1 Category No. of SSC Post : ER-01
Name of Staff Selection Commission Post : Handicrafts Promotion Officer
Classification : General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Non-gazetted, Non-Ministerial
Vacancy in SSC : 17 ( UR-07, SC-03, OBC-07 )
Department : O/o the Development Commissioner ( Handicrafts ), M/o Textiles.
Age : Not exceeding 30 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions )
PSL : 5500–175-9000/- ( Pre-revised )
E.Q. : Master’s Degree in any subject from a recognized university or equivalent
Note : Qualifications for SSC are relaxable at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
D.Q. : 2 years experience in the field of Handicrafts Cottage Industry and Small Scale Industry.
I.P. : Kolkata, Lucknow, Burdwan, Indore, Gangtok, Agartala, Imphal, Gauripur ( Assam ), Aizwal, Bhuj, Ahmedabad, Port Blair, Jagdalpur, Mysore, Trissur, Thiruvananthapuram and Mangalore with AISL.
- Field work in connection with the development of handicrafts & collection of primary data.
- Processing of schemes for financial assistance for the development of handicrafts.
Instruction for PH candidates : Handicrafts Promotion Officer post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
Note – (I). :
More SSC Eastern Region vacancies in equivalent / comparable posts may also be filled through SSC advertisement. Further, vacancies in SSC mentioned above are subject to alteration.
Note – (II). :
Above vacancies in SSC 2011 are those vacancies as reported to the Staff Selection Commission by the different indenting offices. The Staff Selection Commission is not responsible ‘For withdrawal of those SSC vacancies, for the reason whatsoever, by those indenting offices’.
2. Abbreviations Used
SSC : Staff Selection Commission; M/o: Ministry of, D/o: Department of, O/o: Office of, I.P.O.: Indian Postal Order, CRFS: Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, Age: Age-limit, PSL: Pay-Scale, EQ: Essential Qualification, DQ: Desirable Qualification, IP: Initial Posting, AISL: All India Service Liability, JR: Job Requirements, UR: Unreserved, GEN: General, OBC: Other Backward Classes, SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, ExS: Ex-Serviceman, PH: Physically Handicapped, OH: Orthopaedically Handicapped, HH: Hearing Handicapped, VH: Visually Handicapped, OA: One arm affected, OL: One leg affected, BL: Both legs affected, PD: Partially Deaf, LV: Low vision, CGCE: Central Government Civilian Employee; NA: Not Applicable; OEA: Other Employed Applicant, Notice: Notice of Examination published in the Employment News, dated 27.08.2011.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the SSC Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.