Staff Selection Commission ( Eastern Region ),
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Personnel & Training,
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace,
1st MSO Building, 8th Floor,
Kolkata – 700 020.
Telephone : ( 033 ) – 22902230 / 4422 / 4424 ( Fax )
Web-Site : sscer.org
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applying SSC ER Region Recruitment 2013 : 11.02.2013
SSC Eastern Region 2013 applications are invited from Citizens of India under Para-3 of SSC ER Notice, for the following Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ Selection Post. Descriptions of SSC posts are mentioned at Para-1 and other terms and conditions are mentioned at Para-4 to Para-20 of SSC Notice. Willing applicants under Para-3 of this Notice who fulfill the conditions of eligibility for the post(s) as specified in para 1 of the Notice amongst others are advised to go through all parameters under different Paras and Sub-Paras of this Notice and satisfy themselves about their suitability on Age limit and Essential Qualification(s) for the Staff Selection Commission posts, before applying.
1. Description of SSC Post
1.1 Category No. of SSC ER Deputy Ranger Post : ER-01
Name of SSC Post : Deputy Ranger
Classification for SSC Deputy Ranger : General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Technical, Non gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Vacancy in SSC ER Region 2013 : 01 ( OBC-01 )
SSC Department : Forest Survey of India, Ministry of Environment & Forest, Department of Forests & Wild Life
Age Limit for SSC Deputy Ranger Job 2013 : Not exceeding 28 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
Deputy Ranger Job Pay Scale : 5200–20200/- Grade Pay 2400, ( PB-1 ).
Deputy Ranger Essential Qualification :
- 12th Standard or its equivalent or trained Forester or Trained Forest Guard from the Regional forest school.
- Should have atleast 2 years experience in Forest Survey / working plan organization / Forest Resources Survey work in State Forest Department.
Desirable Qualification for Deputy Ranger : Nil
Deputy Ranger Initial Posting : Kolkata with AISL
Job Requirements for Deputy Ranger : Compassing G.P.S operation and other instruments operation & supervising of different data collection of Forest / TOF ( R&U ) inventory work.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Deputy Ranger post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
1.2 Category No. of SSC ER Library Clerk Post : ER-02
Name of SSC ER Post : Library Clerk ( Laboratory )
Classification for Library Clerk : Group ‘C’ Non-Technical, Non-Ministerial.
SSC Vacancy for Library Clerk : 01 ( UR-01 )
SSC Department : National Library, Ministry of Culture, Kolkata.
Library Clerk Age Limit : 18-25 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
Pay Scale for Library Clerk : 5200 –20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/-, ( PB-1 )
Library Clerk Essential Qualification :
- Matriculation or equivalent from a recognised institution, and
- A certificate in Library Science from a recognised institution.
Desirable Qualification for Library Clerk : Two years working experience in handling laboratory equipments in a standard laboratory.
Library Clerk Initial Posting : Kolkata with AISL
Job Requirement for Library Clerk : De-acidification of all the books & records required for lamination in the Division with calcium hydroxide and bicarbonate solution. Preparation of saturated solution of various chemical treatments viz.
- Leather preservative Mixture.
- Fungicide colution. Preparation of dummies of books received for fumigation. Maintaining a record of books fumigated with paradichlorabonozone. De-acidification of highly fragile books by non-aqusous de-acidification process. Preparation of unstable barium Hydrooxide tetrahydrate solution for non-aqueous de-acidification in Methyl alcohol. Collation and arrangement of the sheets required to be treated and after being treated. Assisting in checking of books in stacks for treatment.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC ER Library Clerk post is identified suitable for OH ( OA & OL ) candidates.
1.3 Category No. of SSC ER Library Clerk Post : ER-03
Name of SSC Post : Research Associate ( Bio-Chemistry )
Classification for SSC Research Associate : General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial.
Vacancy in SSC Research Associate : 02 ( UR-01, OBC-01 )
SSC Department for Research Associate : Anthropological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture, Department of Culture.
Research Associate Age Limit : 30 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
Pay Scale for SSC Research Associate : 9300 – 34800/-, Grade Pay 4200/-, ( PB-2 )
SSC Research Associate Essential Qualification :
- Master’s Degree in Bio-Chemistry or Organic Chemistry or Degree in Food Technology of a recognized University or equivalent.
- About one year’s research experience in food analysis and nutritional studies. ( Qualifications relaxable at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified )
Desirable Qualification for Research Associate : (i) Experience in field work in tribal areas.
SSC Research Associate Initial Posting : Head Office, Kolkata and C.R.C, Nagpur with AISL.
Job Requirement for Research Associate :
- To conduct research in the field of food and nutritional studies, collection of data, analysis of data and preparation of reports.
- To assist the sectional heads as and when required.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Research Associate post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
1.4 Category No. of SSC ER Farm Assistant Post : ER-04
Name of SSC ER Post : Farm Assistant
Classification for Farm Assistant : General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Technical, Nonministerial, Non-gazetted.
Vacancy in SSC Farm Assistant : 01 ( OBC-01 )
SSC ER Department : Regional Station for Forage Production and Demonstration, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
SSC Farm Assistant Age Limit : Between 18 and 25 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
Pay Scale for Farm Assistant in SSC : 5200–20200/-, Grade Pay 2400 /-, ( PB-1 ).
Essential Qualification for SSC Farm Assistant : Pass in 12th class or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University with a certificate course or training in agriculture from a recognized institute and at least one year‟s experience of work at an Agriculture Farm; or B.Sc ( Agriculture ).
Desirable Qualification for SSC Farm Assistant : Nil
Initial Posting for SSC Farm Assistant : Kalyani, Dt. Nadia, W.B. with AISL.
SSC Farm Assistant Job Requirement : Supervising of day to day miscellaneous agricultural, farm, extension works.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Farm Assistant post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
1.5 Category No. of SSC ER Botanical Assistant Post : ER-05
Name of SSC Post : Botanical Assistant
Classification for Botanical Assistant : Group ‘B’, Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial.
SS Vacancy for Botanical Assistant : 01 ( UR-01 )
Department for SSC Botanical Assistant : Botanical Survey of India, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Andaman & Nicobar Regional Centre, Port Blair.
Age Limit for SSC Botanical Assistant : 30 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
SSC Botanical Assistant Pay Scale : 9300–34800/-, Grade Pay 4200 /-, ( PB-2 ).
Essential Qualification for SSC Botanical Assistant :
- M.Sc degree in Botany or 1st class B.Sc ( Hons. ) with Botany or 2nd class B.Sc with Botany with 3 yrs experience.
- Aptitude for Systematic Botany as evidenced by having taken special papers in the subject having research or field experience.
Note : The qualification for Botanical Assistant Post regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection, the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates belonging to these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies in SSC Botanical Assistant reserved for them.
Desirable Qualification for SSC Botanical Assistant :
- Experience of plant collection in the field.
- Ability to write reports of scientific nature.
Initial Posting for SSC Botanical Assistant : Port Blair with AISL.
SSC Botanical Assistant Job Requirement : To assist in scientific research, prepare notes after consultation of literature, identification and cataloguing of flora and studying them in their various aspects in the field as well as in the herbarium and laboratory.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Botanical Assistant post is identified suitable for OH candidates.
1.6 Category No. of SSC ER Scientific Assistant Post : ER-06
Name of SSC ER Post : Scientific Assistant ( Physical – Civil )
Classification for SSC Scientific Assistant : Group ‘B’, Non-gazetted
No. of Vacancies in SSC Scientific Assistant : 06 ( UR-04, ST-01, OBC-01 )
SSC Scientific Assistant Department : National Test House, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs.
Age Limit for Scientific Assistant : Not exceeding 30 years ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
SSC Scientific Assistant Pay Scale : 9300–34800/-, Grade Pay 4600 /-, ( PB-2 )
Essential Qualification for SSC Scientific Assistant :
- Master’s Degree in Physics ( Pure or applied ) or Chemistry ( Pure or Applied or Industrial ) or degree in Chemical Technology / Engineering or degree in Civil Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.
- Two year’s experience in the Testing and Evaluation of Civil Engineering material in a Laboratory.Note :
- SSC Scientific Assistant Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of SSC in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- The Qualifications for SSC ER Scientific Assistant regarding experience is / are relaxable at the discretion of SSC in the case of candidates belonging to SCs or STs, if at any stage of selection, the SSC is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the SSC posts reserved for them.
Desirable Qualification for SSC Scientific Assistant : Nil
Initial Posting for Scientific Assistant : Kolkata / Mumbai / Chennai / Ghaziabad / Guwahati / Jaipur with AISL.
Job Requirement for Scientific Assistant : Testing & Evaluation of concerned Laboratory Samples and work in connection with the development of testing methods for these materials, calibration and maintenance of instruments of the concerned laboratory.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Scientific Assistant post is not identified suitable for PH candidates.
1.7 Category No. of SSC ER Library Clerk Post : ER-07
Name of SSC ER Post : Library Clerk ( General )
Classification for SSC Library Clerk : General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-ministerial.
Vacancy in SSC Library Clerk : 02 ( OBC-02 )
Library Clerk Department in SSC : National Library, Kolkata.
Age Limit for Library Clerk : 18 to 25 years. ( Age relaxation is admissible as per Instructions ).
SSC Library Clerk Pay Scale : 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/-, ( PB-1 ).
Essential Qualification for Library Clerk :
- Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- A certificate in Library Science from a recognised institution
Desirable Qualification for Library Clerk : Nil
Library Clerk Initial Posting : Kolkata with AISL.
Job Requirement for Library Clerk :
- Reference service to readers and borrowers of books of the Library.
- Accessioning of books and magazines.
- Assist the Library and Information Assistant and Sectional heads in their works.
- Supply books to the Readers.
Instruction for PH candidates : SSC Library Clerk post is identified suitable for OH ( OA, OL, OAL ) & HH candidates.
Note – (I) : More SSC vacancies in equivalent / comparable posts may also be filled through SSC ER region advertisement. Further, vacancies mentioned above are subject to alteration.
Note – (II) : Above vacancies are those vacancies as reported to the commission by the different indenting offices. The Staff Selection Commission is not responsible ‘For withdrawal of those vacancies, for the reason whatsoever, by those indenting offices’.
2. Abbreviations Used
SSC: Staff Selection Commission; M/o: Ministry of, D/o: Department of, O/o: Office of, I.P.O.: Indian Postal Order, CRFS: Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, Age: Age-limit, PSL: Pay-Scale, EQ: Essential Qualification, DQ: Desirable Qualification, IP: Initial Posting, AISL: All India Service Liability, JR: Job Requirements, UR: Unreserved, GEN: General, OBC: Other Backward Classes, SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, ExS: Ex-Serviceman, PH: Physically Handicapped, OH: Orthopaedically Handicapped, HH: Hearing Handicapped, VH: Visually Handicapped, OA: One arm affected, OL: One leg affected, BL: Both legs affected, PD: Partially Deaf, LV: Low vision, CGCE: Central Government Civilian Employee; NA: Not Applicable; OEA: Other Employed Applicant, Notice: Notice of Examination published in the Employment News, dated 12.01.2013.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.