6. The Scheme of SSC Lower Division Clerks written part of the examination
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration and Timings for General Candidates||Duration and Timings for Visually Handicapped & Cerebral Palsy suffering candidates|
|I||Short Essay ( Hindi or English )||100||1 hour 30 minutes|
10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
|II ( Objective Type )||(a) Language ( General English or Saamanye Hindi ) ( 50 question ) - 50 marks.|
( b ) General Knowledge ( English or Hindi ) ( 50 question ) - 50 marks.
1.00 PM to 3.00 PM
|2 hours 40 minutes
1.00 PM to 3.40 PM
Note I : SSC Lower Division Clerks Question paper shall not be provided in Braille and there will be no option for answering in Braille.
Syllabus of SSC Lower Division Clerks Examination 2016 :
|Paper - I||Short Essay ( 100 Marks )||One Essay of 400 - 500 words to be written on any of the several specified subjects.|
|Paper - II||(a) Language ( General English or Saamanye Hindi )|
( 50 Questions ) - 50 marks.
|Candidate will be tested in simple composition, Applied Grammar.|
|(b) General Knowledge|
( 50 Questions ) - 50 marks.
|Knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience, general information about India.|
7. Candidates are allowed the option to answer both the question papers either in English or in Hindi ( in Devanagri Script ). The option will be for both the papers viz. Short Essay ( Paper – I ) and Language and General Knowledge ( Paper – II ). The SSC Lower Division Clerks question papers 2016 will be in bilingual form. Paper II will be of objective type consisting of multi choice questions. The Staff Selection Commission has decided that in paper II there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
Note I :
Candidate exercising the option to answer the papers either in English or in Hindi ( in Devangri Script ) must indicate their Preference / Option to do so clearly in column – 11 of the SSC Clerks application form, otherwise, it would be presumed by the Staff Selection Commission that they would answer the papers in English.
Note II :
The option once exercised will be final and no request for change of option will ordinarily be entertained.
Note III :
Zero marks will be awarded for answer written in a language other than the one opted by the candidates. Further, if answers are written partly in one language and partly in another language, such answer script will not be evaluated and such candidate will be awarded zero marks.
Note IV :
- The Staff Selection Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in paper II and paper I of only those who obtain the qualifying marks in paper II will be evaluated.
8. Provision for Visually Handicapped ( VH ) Candidates :
- All the Visually Handicapped ( VH ) candidates with visual disabilities of Forty percent and above including Blind and Partially Blind / Cerebral Palsy candidates who have applied for the examination can avail the assistance of a scribe for indicating / writing the replies on their behalf. A scribe will be provided by the Staff Selection Commission on request made by such visually handicapped ( including blind and partially blind ) / cerebral palsy suffering candidate. Candidates will not be allowed to bring their own scribe. No attendant will be allowed with such VH / CP candidates inside the Staff Selection Commission examination premises.
- Such visually handicapped / cerebral palsy candidates, opting for availing the assistance of scribe will have to make a request, in writing, in the prescribed format given at annexure – III to the concerned Regional / Sub-Regional Office of the Staff Selection Commission for appearing in the said SSC examination, at least 10 days before the date of SSC Lower Division Clerks examination 2016 for engaging a scribe and the medium of language in which the scribe is required to write / indicate the replies of the questions set in the examination for SSC on his / her behalf.
- VH / Cerebral Palsy candidates will be allowed Compensatory time of 30 minutes for paper – I ( Short Essay ) and 40 minutes for paper – II ( Language and General Knowledge ).
- The Visually Handicapped candidates including Blind and Partially Blind persons with visual disabilities of not less than forty percent ( 40% ) who applied for the SSC Lower Division Clerks examination and who intends to engage a scribe on their behalf for writing / indicating the replies in the examination for SSC Lower Division Clerks 2016 will have to appear from any one of the nine examination centre viz. New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Allahabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Chandigarh and Raipur at their own risk and expense. They must also furnish the details of the degree of visual disability to authenticate their position / status as VH candidate at serial no.7 of the SSC Lower Division Clerks Exam application form 2016.
Provision of Magnifying Glass
Candidates who are able to read the question paper and are able to write / indicate the answers with the help of magnifying glass will be allowed to use the magnifying glass in the SSC examination hall. Such candidates will not be treated as Visually Handicapped candidates for the purpose of availing the assistance of scribe or the question papers for VH candidates. However, such candidates will have to bring their own magnifying glass in the SSC examination hall and shall not be provided with a scribe.
“One eyed” candidates and those whose degree of visually disability is less than forty percent ( 40% ) shall not be provided a scribe. Such candidate will not be treated as Visually Handicapped candidate for the purpose of availing benefit of relaxation.